Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

LCFC 2-4 Arsenal Post Match Thread

2 minutes ago, Corky said:

Our defence has been horrendous for nearly two years. Nothing has changed.

But everything will be fine when Fofana is back.....

Everything will be fine when we've got a fit squad....

...Oh.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

That is why clubs pay big money to elite managers, because a good manager can be worth a decent amount of points across the season. Rodgers is paid like an elite manager but performing like a lower half one. 

16 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Our peers are not paying elite manager level salaries though are they?

Thought you were saying we should be in the positions similar to other elite managers, my bad

10 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Praet stood waiting for the ball and had it pinched off him for the 4th goal. 

He needs a run in the team to get momentum not bit part appearances. I would start him over Youri, give him some game time and confidence before judging him too much. He was certainly no worse than Youri

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ashfosse said:

For all those wanting Rodger’s sacked I’ll be interested to hear who you would replace him with

Mr Blobby.

Jokes aside, I don’t think it matters. We are rudderless. Anyone with some vague direction in mind would arguably be an improvement. 

3 minutes ago, ashfosse said:

For all those wanting Rodger’s sacked I’ll be interested to hear who you would replace him with

Off the top of my head I’d say Potter deserves a chance to step up. He won’t get a “top 6” job for a while now I’d expect as they are relatively settled apart from maybe Chelsea but can’t see the new owners going in for him. 

I’d  take a gamble on Ruben Amorim too. 

5 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Decided not to watch the match to save my sanity, can someone sum it up for me before I go through the threads later? 

Good/bad? 
Rodgers decisions? 

No because you was a Judas and put a triple captain on Jesus.

He was unfortunate with just 2 goals and not 4 :thumbdown:

• Haha 1

For me the only positives today were that we worked some nice openings down the left getting Justin in behind and we looked better with two strikers on the pitch so we hopefully will ditch the back 5.

Conceding straight after getting yourself back into to the game once is poor, but doing it twice is ****ing criminal! Soft as shit again. Another disappointing away day.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Off the top of my head I’d say Potter deserves a chance to step up. He won’t get a “top 6” job for a while now I’d expect as they are relatively settled apart from maybe Chelsea but can’t see the new owners going in for him. 

I’d  take a gamble on Ruben Amorim too. 

Potter?

he has a great chairman 

I’m sure he has a great life on the south coast 

he’s not swapping brighton for here 

• Like 1

We were so stale today. We were never going to pull it back after being 2-0 down at halftime, I doubt there was a single person in the ground that thought we would.

Really poor mentality to concede 1 min after scoring, twice, and we let in a corner.

The team lacks spark and enthusiasm, I think they all know they are off at the end of the season and won’t be repeating the heights of 2 and 3 seasons ago.

We really need some new players or a new manager to freshen things up.

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Potter?

he has a great chairman 

I’m sure he has a great life on the south coast 

he’s not swapping brighton for here 

He might for 5 million pds. You don't know if you don't ask. Not that I'm saying we should.

Guest Col city fan

I can’t see Potter wanting to join Leicester at the moment. Possibly at the end of the season but I doubt we’d have many suitors now. The club is in a mess. I’m not having that it’s not.

50 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Decided not to watch the match to save my sanity, can someone sum it up for me before I go through the threads later? 

Good/bad? 
Rodgers decisions? 

Good/Bad? Yes, that's correct. Every time we did something good it was immediately followed by something bad

Rodgers decisions? Just bad, mainly. Brought one more than one sub and made a bit of an effort to come back from 2 goals down, so better than last weeks sub, but that 5 at the back needs to get in the bin, sharpish.

Abject performance that showed little heart or fight and not much quality.

We're in a mess. Defensively useless and this is supposed to be our best starting defence.

urgently need to clear out the dead wood to recruit at least two new players.  Midfield just over run frankly. Too many players who look like they don't want to be at the club such as Praet and need clearing out in next ten days. Pointless having players who don't really want to try.

Edited by reynard