Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

LCFC 2-4 Arsenal Post Match Thread

Guest Kopfkino

On the day we just played a team that’s miles better than us. Disappointed with us defensively but we were better than last time we went to the Emirates and we were against a better Arsenal. 

Just got home. I was sat in the arsenal end and had a decent view ......my summary;

Our defence was a bombscare the entire game. Even in the first few minutes Big Dan just needed to head it forward and instead he lets it come over his head and ended up giving away a throw in. It set the tone for the afternoon. Evans was getting dragged all over the place. 

Wilf really is a shadow of the player he was. 

YT...the less said the better. 

Madders got into it when YT went off. 

Kel seemed to create a lot of panic. Ok some of this touches were unrefined but he was involved a fair amount which is more than we had with vardy up top on his own. 

Both defences look Sunday league.....we got at their goal a fair bit....they seem to think they can win the league. Defend like that and they will get pumped. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Hales said:

If ever there was a game to set up for a point, this was it. Not the likes of Liverpool or Man City away, where you may as well have a pop.

But this level of game, similar team/ability/ambitions ....them buoyant and us looking for form. Set up, be stubborn, evaluate after 60 or 70.mins. 

1 hour ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

I see no matter what you seem to back Rodgers. 

At what point do you come to the conclusion that the team picked and the tactics are simply not good enough?

Absolutely woeful from Amartey and Ward for the 2nd and 3rd goals. He continues to pick players that imo are worse than others in the squad and continue to let us down.

Woeful from Evans and Ward for the 1st goal tbf. 

2 hours ago, Sampson said:

I thought losing Schmeichel and getting Evans and Fofana back was supposed to improve our defence abd stop us conceding from set pieces?

10 years of kasper in goal but yeah that one year of conceding a million set pieces must be because of him lol Surely everyone can see the real issue to why we concede so many 

Not going to say too much.

Just the following.

I think without Vardy and Maddison we are arguably a relegation standard team.  That is concerning.

Expected to lose against this Arsenal side but we are like jelly now in terms of conceding and letting teams get to our backline.  This is a huge problem.

2 hours ago, turtmcfly said:

I understand this as a heuristic (and certainly wrt to anything being expected) but if you look at our individual performances in that game there's so much room for improvement across the board. The best I can say is a few escape blame, but was anyone above a 7/10? 

That to me is where the disappointment and potential 'answer' is, in at least making this sort of game much more competitive. I'd feel less irritated (but more depressed) if I was watching a team playing near its peak and still being totted. I also find it hard to argue about which formation is best when we make such poor first of all of them! 

I'm a hokey kokey blackbelt when it comes to Rodgers but this is supposed to be where he earns his massive mountain of corn.

Well put it like this - against Brentford Rodgers 100% cost us the game with not enough substitutes and subbing off the wrong player in KDH.

Today he got us back into the game twice, but the team threw it away each time we got close. Not saying he's completely without blame, but it's hard to chastise the manager for a goalkeeping blunder, etc.

The mental attitude of the team and setup could be questioned, but I don't feel like the team weren't playing for the manager or badge. They put in an effort today, but just weren't good enough.

Just now, StriderHiryu said:

Well put it like this - against Brentford Rodgers 100% cost us the game with not enough substitutes and subbing off the wrong player in KDH.

Today he got us back into the game twice, but the team threw it away each time we got close. Not saying he's completely without blame, but it's hard to chastise the manager for a goalkeeping blunder, etc.

The mental attitude of the team and setup could be questioned, but I don't feel like the team weren't playing for the manager or badge. They put in an effort today, but just weren't good enough.

An own goal from an Arsenal player they helped us more than Rodgers

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Surely the highly paid manager has to be culpable when you concede twice from kick off, and have show this trait last season.

Edited by HankMarvin
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Matt said:

By and large we have.

You're always going to have injuries, certainly under Rodgers, it's been a theme hasn't it?

We’ve lost two KEY squad players, both of which were vital for the 433 that we were planning to play. Barnes is our only winger and Ricardo was expected to be the creative force on the right. The loss of both has resulted in Rodger’s playing a formation we struggle with. 

1 minute ago, funkyrobot said:

We’ve lost two KEY squad players, both of which were vital for the 433 that we were planning to play. Barnes is our only winger and Ricardo was expected to be the creative force on the right. The loss of both has resulted in Rodger’s playing a formation we struggle with. 

Adapt and adjust.

Find answers not problems.

And i'll reiterate, injuries are common theme under Rodgers tenure aren't they?

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

An own goal from an Arsenal player they helped us more than Rodgers

14 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Surely the highly paid manager has to be culpable when you concede twice from kick off, and have show this trait last season.

Fair points, can't argue against these.

• Like 1

Just now, Matt said:

Adapt and adjust.

Find answers not problems.

And i'll reiterate, injuries are common theme under Rodgers tenure aren't they?

Yes injuries are way too high, I totally agree. But the point you were making is we have a fit squad and we don’t. The injuries directly influenced Rodger’s to make what in hindsight has been formation and tactical errors. As for ‘answers not problems’ He was trying to find an answer to the problem the injuries caused by switching to a back 5 but it hasn’t worked. He’ll now probably try the flat back 4 but it still won’t be ideal as we lack wingers so we’ll have to used midfielders/central strikers or JJ out wide. Playing someone out if position is an ‘answer’ but one that compromises the main role of the wide forward. So answers and problems inevitably come hand in hand.

3 hours ago, MancFox24 said:

I wonder if Rodgers regrets over achieving in those first 2 years. I'm convinced he wouldn't be getting this heat now if we'd have just finished mid table (which is where we should have finished based on our wage bill). We keep Rodgers this year and we'll finish between 7th and 10th and I'm absolutely fine with that

Nice one Brendan