Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

LCFC 2-4 Arsenal Post Match Thread

Football crap, away end toxic, fighting amongst Leicester fans, racist chanting from our end. 

Genuinely the least enjoyable away day I’ve ever been on. 

For the first time ever, Rodgers out (not that  he’s to blame for the non football issues above) 

• Sad 3

1 minute ago, TJB-fox said:

Football crap, away end toxic, fighting amongst Leicester fans, racist chanting from our end. 

For the first time ever, Rodgers out (not that  he’s to blame for the non football issues above) 

Why fighting and racist chants, absolutely disgraceful. I swear since covid football has gone back to the 70’s 

Edited by foxes_rule1978
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Matt said:

By and large we have.

You're always going to have injuries, certainly under Rodgers, it's been a theme hasn't it?

I'm not convinced either that a couple of injuries in a squad of our size, to players who were missing for large chunks of the past two or so seasons (one of which isn't necessarily first choice anyway), equate to an unfit squad.

If - on the back of aforementioned two injuries - you're playing a formation which they'd only spent five days preparing in the first instance Vs Brentford (after an entire pre-season, during which they'd dedicated half of their match time to a more conventional 3-5-2 which could easily have accommodated the players available), and it goes wrong, then questions have to be asked. In fact, it's eerily reminiscent of the criticisms Ranieri faced when he switched to three at the back without having dedicated ample time to it. The way BR managed that game thereafter, which was fairly clear proof that his decision-making isn't what it should be right now, has distracted from the fact that he'd fielded such an unusual side. And did so again today. I honestly don't think he can hold his head up and say he gave us the best possible chance of a favourable outcome in either game.

As for the injury situation - they just don't look fit. There was virtually no pressure on the ball today, anywhere on the pitch. They are slow, sluggish, the exact opposite of 'champing at the bit'. And over the past season or so we've had well-documented problems in second halfs. We have too many players, including some of our finest, who can't do the running.

If, on the other hand, the problem is that they won't do the running, then we should see more indications that the manager is acting on this. I'm yet to see the evidence that it pays not to drop highly-rated, under-performing players. For instance, if it had truly been laid on the line to Youri early last season that he faced a lengthy spell on the sidelines, and that - no - the club wasn't going to sacrifice a hard-working midfield unit in order to give the impression that he was doing splendidly and was absolutely worth 40 million, then he might actually have raised his game and been worth that sort of fee. I certainly wouldn't be pandering to any others right now. Fofana, for instance, has behaved disgracefully. I'm sad to hear fans leaping on Amartey's back today (as crap as he can be) when we've just seen that display from someone who has acted as Fofana has. We write all these posts about entitled football fans, but when you see that kind of attitude from someone with his contractual back-story, you can't help but feel that we're misdirecting our frustrations.

Regarding injuries, there is always a huge element of luck. That said, Rangnick commented towards the end of his time at Man U that injuries often reflect on club practices. So even if we consider Rodgers to have had an unusual number of these issues to deal with, you'd have to look at the training regime, especially given the relative lack of injuries we'd had in the seasons before his arrival. If it were down to an amazing intensity in their preparations, and that in any way translated to what's going on on the pitch, I'd happily let them off. But this isn't the case.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SheppyFox said:

Under every club he’s managed. It isn’t isolated.

I keep hearing this, and remember Celtic fans talking about injuries at the club when he was about to join, but is there actually any hard evidence for it being typical of his management? It'd be interesting to see before/during/after comparisons of injury problems at his previous clubs.

2 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

Not trying to be all 'right on' here but this is genuinely the most disappointing aspect of today in my opinion. Really depressing.

• Thanks 3

Another positive result to us getting back on track. Total xG of less than 1 goal so far this season and we've scored 4. Even the luckiest manager in footballer is struggling despite his players massively outshooting the football they're being asked to play.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Another positive result to us getting back on track. Total xG of less than 1 goal so far this season and we've scored 4. Even the luckiest manager in footballer is struggling despite his players massively outshooting the football they're being asked to play.

This just shows how flawed xG is to me tbh. How can castagnes goal have an xg of less than one? It was a perfect cross and an unchallenged header from about 3 yards out. We also hit the post twice where the keeper was stranded. Fofana missed a 1 on 1 as well today and a great tackle put on daka to stop him scoring a tap in. Fair enough with kdh and the 2 today but on another day we could have scored 4 goals against Brentford.

Although I won’t disagree about the football, it is pretty turgid.  

2 hours ago, Tielemans63 said:

Not trying to be all 'right on' here but this is genuinely the most disappointing aspect of today in my opinion. Really depressing.

The FA Cup final was my best day out as a Leicester fan and will live long in the memory. The only negative I have from that day however is the handful of fans around me shouting dogs abuse at the players and telling them get the f*** up when taking the knee before kick off.

Again a minority that ruin it but leaves a sour taste. Shame it still carries on

Edited by TK95
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, It'sblueupnorth said:

This just shows how flawed xG is to me tbh. How can castagnes goal have an xg of less than one? It was a perfect cross and an unchallenged header from about 3 yards out. We also hit the post twice where the keeper was stranded. Fofana missed a 1 on 1 as well today and a great tackle put on daka to stop him scoring a tap in. Fair enough with kdh and the 2 today but on another day we could have scored 4 goals against Brentford.

xG is a superb metric of how much a team is creating. If youre relying on set pieces and long shots then youre basically Burnley.

Well 2 games in and our defence is woeful , really u would not expect that from a Sunday side , ward is not the answer in goal , he lucks so nervous. On the GOOD side thought we played some good footy , more so in the second half when we played a lot more long balls , YOURI was crap 💩 glad he took him off 

For 2 £60 tickets, £90 trains but shame is free. Absolutely embarrassing display of a performance. Give it a proper go and I don’t give a F about the money spent. There were countless amount of times we were in good positions only for the ball to end up to Danny Ward. His ball distribution is good but not much else. We have a reserve team keeper between the sticks at best. Shockingly Rodger’s isn’t in the market for a first team GK at a time where players like Navas are on the market. Bambi is going leak goals for us this season but Rodger’s doesn’t seem the slightest worried.

The first away game I can remember where our fans were sat down albeit probably my fault buying sh*tty front seats. 
We got ourselves back into the game with a miracle of the own goal only to concede a minute or so later. Maddison then produces a moment of magic to give us some hope only for some Deja vu and throwing the game away.

Talks of Youri wanting to play at the emirates but he looked so disinterested. Daka and Nacho coming on was the first time in the game where we looked like we could do something… why did it take 70 add minutes to produce this?

Yes we are Leicester City but as we’ve seen time and time again our players are capable of producing moments of brilliance when we’re playing positive football. However, after a year of backing Rodger’s I don’t think he’s the right manager to take us forward. Todays scoreline is generous and we could have shipped a few more goals that would have put us first on match of the day. No doubt a great coach but not a great manager that instills confidence for season ahead. 
The Srivaddhanaprabha family are responsible for our biggest success that I would never have imagined but we’ve rested on our laurels through a combination of naivety of obtaining European football and poor recruitment. 
I laughed at the Man U score today but reflecting I think we’re collectively going to be counting to 40 points this season. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, filbertway said:

xG is a superb metric of how much a team is creating. If youre relying on set pieces and long shots then youre basically Burnley.

It does have its faults - 

Eg - xhaka’s goal today has a high xg because he scores from that position 7 times out of 10.  So that’s approx 0.7 onto their xg - but it actually deserves very little as a reflection of their creative play because they didn’t create the opening - we did ! 

but it’s a generalisation tool - nothing more. Did we deserve to score 2 today ? No

did arsenal deserve to score 4 today ?

possibly but three would have been a better reflection 

I reckon 2 or maybe 3-0 having watched the game and xg said similar 

I have seen us play worse 

9 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

This to do with the ejections before half time on the left hand side?

Properly pissed off this morning reading this happened. ****s wrong with people.

9 hours ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Heat, beer, result not going their way… just pathetic individuals 

Absolutely, we really are better than that. It's a minority but a vocal one. I just hope the club do something proactive ie stewards gradually pick them off one by one and ban them for life. Football at all clubs should have transcended that by now.

7 hours ago, inckley fox said:

I keep hearing this, and remember Celtic fans talking about injuries at the club when he was about to join, but is there actually any hard evidence for it being typical of his management? It'd be interesting to see before/during/after comparisons of injury problems at his previous clubs.

It’s just what you hear from fans of his clubs, not really sure how’s best to look at it statistically but I agree with you it would be very interesting to do.

6 hours ago, It'sblueupnorth said:

Literally nothing will have an xG of 1, because an xG of one would be a guaranteed goal, no-one has ever missed a chance like that, and well, even a goal line tap in that's not true:

Castagnes goal was actually pretty difficult, for one headers always have a lower xG than shots with feet because they're harder to control and get direction on.