Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

LCFC 2-4 Arsenal Post Match Thread

The 3 at the back set up was so poor yesterday. The centre halfs were far too wide to the point where it looked like Fofana and Amartey were fullbacks and Evans was the sole centre half. We were essentially playing four at the back but had a man sent off who we didn’t replace. 

5 minutes ago, LinekersLugs said:

Today I posted a crime report on line following a throughly disgusting act by one of our own 

during half time a lad in front of us went through the bag of someone else, I had managed to capture a picture of the lad earlier , I thought it was his bag it wasn’t till the end of the game the woman who owned the bag said “my purse and phone are gone”

to the absolute helmet who did this mark my words your about to get a hell of a shock when the old bill track you down 

some of the behaviour yesterday from a small minority in our away end was shocking, why throw beer cups and water bottles at your own fans ? 

Over all thought we did well in the away end and despite the result we had a great family day out 

I hope the police follow up your report

i fear they may not be bothered to

chucking beer/water around is sadly not unusual -  (not so bothered about water but beer - seriously what’s wrong with people)  

pretty sure that in rome someone chucked something much more akin to ammonia than lager …… yuk 

i won’t take my younger boys on away days now - just not worth it 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Jakemoore said:

The behaviour of our fans has generally been very poor since covid. We have a bunch of (mainly young, and I am only 28 myself) chavs who go to football to start fights which they then don’t really get involved in because they’re all mouth. I’m convinced that there are tests within our fan base who would happily bring back firms and organised pre match fights. 

Aside from the yobs we also have overly loud negative people who moan about everything on the pitch and off the pitch. The players are shit. Brendan is clueless blah blah blah. 

I don’t know how people live being so negative and having so much pent up anger. So many of our lot are clearly unhappy in their private lives and use football as a way to vent. 

On your last point, football is an escape from the crap world we live in now, when that’s rubbish where do you go, what do you do!

29 minutes ago, Jakemoore said:

The behaviour of our fans has generally been very poor since covid.

Don’t wanna be that person but annoying I take our visit to Randers when it was right level of boisterous and respectful. I expect away ends to be erring on the side of troublesome but sounds like an afternoon with absolute whoppers (racists and thieves)

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Jakemoore said:

The behaviour of our fans has generally been very poor since covid. We have a bunch of (mainly young, and I am only 28 myself) chavs who go to football to start fights which they then don’t really get involved in because they’re all mouth. I’m convinced that there are tests within our fan base who would happily bring back firms and organised pre match fights. 

Aside from the yobs we also have overly loud negative people who moan about everything on the pitch and off the pitch. The players are shit. Brendan is clueless blah blah blah. 

I don’t know how people live being so negative and having so much pent up anger. So many of our lot are clearly unhappy in their private lives and use football as a way to vent. 

The priority points system is the issue 

people are trading tickets to very badly behaved people 

p1/2 people are buying tickets to games they can’t go to and trading them on 

It’s Time we started to spot check tickets being used to the name of the person entering the ground 

anyone found to have sold on an away ticket Should lose all their points ! 

this practice would end and the trouble makers would be GONE ! 

it’s a simple solution 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, suffolk fox said:

Seriously don't know what some of our supporters expect the negativity on this forum is quite frankly embarrassing.  First of all let's get things into perspective re Arsenal away.  Since 1947 we have won there 4 times yes 4 times.  I wasn't expecting too much yesterday.  That said, 4 2 in the end wasn't so bad we have had worse results at their place over the years.  We competed ok especially 2nd half.  It was obvious Arsenal would be we up for it especially with their new signings.  Jesus another player who always scores against us.  Tighten the defence especially at dead ball situations we will be OK this season.  Justin, Maddison and KDH played well for us.

Re Supporters especially younger fans.  I am not a killjoy I am all for people have a good time however throwing beer around and being smacked off your face on god knows what is not on especially when it makes you act like selfish morons.  You must earn great money too cos beer in the ground wasn't cheap so to throw it away is quite frankly unbelievable.  Supporters fighting amongst themselves too why?  

Support the team.  Stop being so bloody negative about everything get behind the club and make us proud.

We were not even in the game yesterday, anytime we got close to getting in it, Arsenal stepped up a gear and scored again (literally with both kick offs I think?)

Asif we're still saying tighten the defence at set pieces and we'll be ok, has that not occurred to Rodgers in the past 30 months? lol He's obviously not capable of doing so, hence it's a massive weakness in our team.

I don't think reality will hit some of our fans until we're close to the relegation zone with 3 or 4 games remaining, which I think is probably likely this season with the way things are going.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, st albans fox said:

It does have its faults - 

Eg - xhaka’s goal today has a high xg because he scores from that position 7 times out of 10.  So that’s approx 0.7 onto their xg - but it actually deserves very little as a reflection of their creative play because they didn’t create the opening - we did ! 

but it’s a generalisation tool - nothing more. Did we deserve to score 2 today ? No

did arsenal deserve to score 4 today ?

possibly but three would have been a better reflection 

I reckon 2 or maybe 3-0 having watched the game and xg said similar 

I have seen us play worse 

I think there's the odd anomalies, the situation today is a perfect example, but way more often than not, it generally reflects what the result should have been. Especially over a long period of time. It's certainly a better indicator of who has played better than the possession stats. 

I only saw the highlights on MOTD so all I saw from us was the OG and Maddisons goal from a position where you generally wouldn't score from. 

No shame in losing to that Arsenal team anyway, Arteta and Arsenal seem to be progressing nicely and continuing to build in the right direction. He should have them picking up 70+ points this season, they're a club back on the up.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, josh_baskin said:

I can understand everybody’s negativity and frustration as it’s another defeat but it’s another defeat to Arsenal, who even did the double over us the season we won the bloody league.

It’s almost laughable that everyone loses their sh1t at losing away at arsenal. 
however, the way we conceded 

a) from a corner

b) from a keeper error

c) within two mins of scoring ourselves on both occasions 

is the problem 

a because after seeming to be fairly solid against a Brentford side who are decent from set plays, we failed again yesterday 

b because the last thing ward needed was an error. It’s one thing not making some of the amazing saves that kasper occasionally did but an error ..

c. Further illustration of our soft mental attitude.  To do it once is poor but twice - ffs !

• Like 1

Could and should have been a bigger thrashing that would have exposed how bad and uncompetitive we've become. 

When Wes won the ball in the right back position, there was absolutely no out ball ,down the wing in the 1st half, so it kept coming back at us.

Poor tactics and bad in game management by Brendan and the players.

People talking of this current squad pushing for Europe are totally deluded. 

Inexperienced keeper,best defender wants out,others defenders are either poor or injury prone,midfielders (except KDH) weak and out of form,ageing striker and his replacement isn't quite there yet.

I'm looking at the other end of the table,unfortunately 

2 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Thought Arsenal looked very good.

So did I. Very well drilled, coached and exceptional fitness. 

But - I discovered on the match thread yet again from some that such observations are not permissible, only bitterness and disdain of the opposition. 

19 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Why do we always just roll over for Arsenal? It’s like we don’t even try. They’re not that special. They’re cvnts. 

Stop giving them easy wins. 

Shades of the worst part of the O'Neil days 😅