Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

LCFC 2-4 Arsenal Post Match Thread

Guest Col city fan

Time for Dodgers to go.

The club has become soul-less.

His team selections are fookin rank.

We can’t sign anyone, we can’t sell anyone.

There’s no bounce about the club at all.

Personally I’ve switched off. As soon as I saw we were coming out with three centre backs again today, I just didn’t bother.

Time for a change because we’re in trouble this season, make no bones about it.

There absolutely are reasons to defend Rodgers; undoubtedly this season he's up against it with the lack of any transfers, the feeling of stagnation and regression emanating through the club, Barnes and Ricardo being injured in pre-season.

However that absolutely doesn't excuse his persistence with a 5ATB formation that rarely seems to work for us, his ridiculous lack of subs against Brentford, the abject mentality of the squad, the utter inability to solve the set piece issues we've had, the treatment of certain players in the squad such as Iheanacho, the rep list goes on.

I have some sympathy but he seems to continually make it worse beyond the issues out of his control.

• Like 3

The problem we have is we can't accept anything in isolation anymore. 

Yes arsenal are good currently, playing with confidence and they were clearly too good for us today. But it's the same mistakes over and over again. 

Defensively so poor and I don't see how it improves under the current manager. 

2 minutes ago, beepee1984 said:

(It's going to be a long season)

But, Looking on the bright side

I was expecting to concede 5 today, so we defended better than I expected

We made subs – yes plural

Southampton are the only other team to concede 6 in the first 2 matches, thank God we don’t have their Head of Recruitment

We are 1 game closer to the end of BR's reign

I do belive that the club need to invest ,I can understand BR frustration, he hasn't got a lot of say in the matter ,

You simply cannot defend that. Yes Arsenal are a good team with some brilliant quality and yes they were at home, but the goals we conceded were unacceptable.

BR has plan A and that is possession sideball. We were found out about 2 and a half seasons ago and nothing has changed. We will never be the team he wants us to be and this cannot and will not ever work. Get rid of him instead of wasting another season.

• Like 2

Guest Col city fan
3 minutes ago, Sampson said:

I thought losing Schmeichel and getting Evans and Fofana back was supposed to improve our defence abd stop us conceding from set pieces?

That was always a fookin idiotic argument, peddled by the usual suspects on here. We could have Donnarumma in goal, with our woeful defence, we’d still concede for fun

2 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

Shows how far rodgers has dragged us down, pathetic. Finished above these 2 years ago. 

To be fair, Arsenal have also spent a fortune in that time, whereas we haven’t spent much at all.

Rodgers doesn't seem to have a clue and maybe already resigned to his fate. We have players like Fofana and Youri who openly want out. Its going to be a long tough season ahead. We can't defend at all. Foxestalk will be on permanent meltdown throughout the season.

Love it on here 

Poster: I expected to lose today …..

rodgers out ……

I expect the game could be the sky Saturday game at 8 so I can make my own judgment after seeing it - the number of opportunities we gave up sounded grim 

and I’ll take everything into account like the temp etc etc