Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

LCFC 2-4 Arsenal Post Match Thread

1 minute ago, LestaAl said:

Brendan could have managed that better . But they are a better side and it would have probably not changed things so let’s move on …..

They're a better side because of how they're being coached not because they have a better team. Granit bloody Xhaka made to like Lampard in his prime today.

If we had some basic organisation and intent we could have easily won that game.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, The_Rorab said:

There absolutely are reasons to defend Rodgers; undoubtedly this season he's up against it with the lack of any transfers, the feeling of stagnation and regression emanating through the club, Barnes and Ricardo being injured in pre-season.

However that absolutely doesn't excuse his persistence with a 5ATB formation that rarely seems to work for us, his ridiculous lack of subs against Brentford, the abject mentality of the squad, the utter inability to solve the set piece issues we've had, the treatment of certain players in the squad such as Iheanacho, the rep list goes on.

I have some sympathy but he seems to continually make it worse beyond the issues out of his control.

This formation is killing us but then when we had 4 at the back we fell apart. Maybe arsenal's movement was just too good for us.

What frustrates me is we cannot track any players running in behind, even from a throw in.

Defending is atrocious - what is kolo toure bringing to us? Apart from a boat load of goals.

4 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

Shows how far rodgers has dragged us down, pathetic. Finished above these 2 years ago. 

And then they are able to spend a couple of hundred million… they are a huge club, they were never going to stay down for long.

So many players as scapegoats in the thread whereas the real issue is the manager in my opinion. Tactics, set up.... 

But let's look at Ward (and yes I'm Welsh! 😂). Contrary to some posters' assertions, Kasper also made bloopers. The kick out against Ndidi at Bournemouth that set us on the way to that 4-1 debacle. When he pushed the ball in against Watford, Christmas 2017? But overall he was brilliant for us of course and is rightly a legend.

Ward is two games in and probably feeling some pressure with the situation. He made some good stops. The error was very poor although Fofana didn't help. Let's try and cut him some slack for now. 

Edited by Cadno'r Cymoedd
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

Piss poor. Ward will never be a first choice keeper. Amartey no where near the standard again. 

Thanks Brendan for some stylish football in the early days and the cup win but now off you ****.

what did amartey do again

Guest Col city fan
1 minute ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

Ward had a good game then? 😳

He made some good saves, he also made a howler. But he had rubbish playing in front of him too mate. Fofana, Evans and Afartey were all car crashes today 

Just now, Col city fan said:

Time for Dodgers to go.

The club has become soul-less.

His team selections are fookin rank.

We can’t sign anyone, we can’t sell anyone.

There’s no bounce about the club at all.

Personally I’ve switched off. As soon as I saw we were coming out with three centre backs again today, I just didn’t bother.

Time for a change because we’re in trouble this season, make no bones about it.

There is a fifty- fifty chance that a new manager will be worse and just aid the downward spiral. We can no longer blame injury for our appalling defending , Arsenal will be kicking themselves for not getting six. This defending issue will be our total downfall if we don't sort it out double quick.

An £80m defender, Jonny Evans with Wilfried Ndidi guarding them and it's still a complete mess. To concede twice so soon after we'd got back into the game is unacceptable, two of their goals were clearly preventable.

Really not enjoying this passive slide the Club are engaging in currently.

Thank goodness it's nice out at this time of year. Go for a walk and escape the stress following Leicester currently is for a little bit.

Arsenal hungrier and sharper all over! Can’t remember us beating them to a 50/50 all game! Can’t blame the heat as they had plenty of energy too! Not good enough all over! No leaders in the side what so ever! I could go on but will just annoy me more! We in for a long hard season! 

2 minutes ago, kristianity77 said:

I think, and for the first real time under his tenure, if we play badly and don't get a result at home v Southampton, the ground turns toxic collectively.  I just hope Top is there to see it.

There isn’t anywhere to hide if we don’t beat a very poor Southampton team