Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

LCFC 2-4 Arsenal Post Match Thread

Didn’t watch it but knew when I saw the lineup we were going to struggle. 

Don’t understand why we didn’t play 4 atb from the start with 2 upfront when our strength is attacking players to put pressure back on Arsenal. 

Rodgers’ treatment of Ihenacho and continuing to play Amartey is perplexing. 

• Like 3

Pluses: overslept for the bus so didn’t swelter in London 🤣🙈

Negatives: Followed the match thread 🙈

Thought I’d captained Jesus in my Fantasy team only to find out I’d VC’d him 😩

Didn’t expect anything today, but the sooner we learn to defend as a team the better. Not switched on consistently and naive. Lots of work to be done. Hope we go at Southampton next week and concentrate. We are badly missing width but 3 at the back just isn’t working or what we want to play!

Just now, SecretPro said:

Arsenal look pretty good.

Looked good last season at times, just lacked consistency though, they have signed well and everyone seems happy with what Arteta expects of them. Got rid of some bad eggs too. I don’t like Arsenal but you have to respect the job that is being done there 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Time for Dodgers to go.

The club has become soul-less.

His team selections are fookin rank.

We can’t sign anyone, we can’t sell anyone.

There’s no bounce about the club at all.

Personally I’ve switched off. As soon as I saw we were coming out with three centre backs again today, I just didn’t bother.

Time for a change because we’re in trouble this season, make no bones about it.

Is this meant to be written like a poem? 

Just now, foxes_rule1978 said:

Looked good last season at times, just lacked consistency though, they have signed well and everyone seems happy with what Arteta expects of them. Got rid of some bad eggs too. I don’t like Arsenal but you have to respect the job that is being done there 

If they keep everybody fit they will finish 3rd is my view. Some lovely football, passing and link-up play.

8 minutes ago, Fazzer 7 said:

Right now it feels like we are a club in decline. Next up,Southampton. That will be a real test of character and where we’re heading this season. 

Southampton made a good come back today. If they do a Brentford on us next week...

Just go now Brendan. You can't fix this.

8 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Love it on here 

Poster: I expected to lose today …..

rodgers out ……

I expect the game could be the sky Saturday game at 8 so I can make my own judgment after seeing it - the number of opportunities we gave up sounded grim 

and I’ll take everything into account like the temp etc etc 

Take the temperature into account? For what reason? Did it only affect one team? Just curious. 

• Like 1

Squad is filled with players who don’t want to be here for numerous reasons. From players who have offers elsewhere, to players who have been here too long, players running contracts down, players who he’s shafted like Praet and Iheanacho, players seeing out the last years of their careers. Then you have constant injuries from his shite setup.

• Like 4

I actually feel like we are kind of like Leeds United many years back where they were never gonna go down because they had quality throughout the team.  But then one by one the results didn't come and they were still too good to go down.  And then, they went.

That's us if Top sticks rather than twists.

Guest Col city fan
1 minute ago, Unabomber said:

Is this meant to be written like a poem? 

I’ll do a limerick if you like Una?

I'm not getting particularly worked up by that. Yes its frustrating but we will lose games. Much more annoyed at last week. I think Arsenal beat us more often than not playing like that. 

As always in a new season, Rodgers gets 10 games to see where we are at. I feel it's going to be difficult for him though, there are games he has to win. 

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

Squad is filled with players who don’t want to be here for numerous reasons. From players who have offers elsewhere, to players who have been here too long, players running contracts down, players who he’s shafted like Praet and Iheanacho, players seeing out the last years of their careers. Then you have constant injuries from his shite setup.

There is a lot of work that needs to be done, got to start to stabilise things. This must be impacting the performances 

• Like 1