Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

LCFC 2-4 Arsenal Post Match Thread

13 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

ONE LAST TIME- WE LOST TO THIS LOT TWICE WHEN WE WON THE LEAGUE

Not sure what this has got to do with absolutely anything? We probably lost twice to Luton Town at some point in history but what's that got to do with anything? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

Have the same feeling now, that we all had post Roma. Just can’t wait for the season to end. It’s getting very Puel. The atmosphere is starting to become very toxic. 

Take a break from this place then I think I might have to it’s a shitshow

Just now, hejammy said:

Not sure what this has got to do with absolutely anything? We probably lost twice to Luton Town at some point in history but what's that got to do with anything? 

Spec savers for me, did not think we were playing Luton Town today. 

It has everything to do with, people expecting anything other than a defeat today, a defeat where we weren’t that bad, when the team we played have spent 400m in 2 seasons and we never even consistently beat with our title winning team.

Its context.

2 minutes ago, hejammy said:

Exactly. KPFC weirdo. We also didn’t draw going into those games after throwing away 2 goals to midtable shite at home. 

but don’t worry, we were in league one once

10 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

Didn’t watch it but knew when I saw the lineup we were going to struggle. 

Don’t understand why we didn’t play 4 atb from the start with 2 upfront when our strength is attacking players to put pressure back on Arsenal. 

Rodgers’ treatment of Ihenacho and continuing to play Amartey is perplexing. 

Ask Rodgers that

matchstats.thumb.JPG.793f9258c7a6aa403c21488dbdd0b52e.JPG

2.9                                                    xG                                                     0.8

Just now, desertfox2 said:

Today was a free hit and we were competitive against a team that will be top 4. Dropping the 2 points against Brentford and a bad result against Southampton are the ones that get a manager the sack so let's see how it goes next game. 

Free hit? What! Absolutely disgusting how Rodgers has turned this club into a club that now has free hits? Can’t believe what I’m reading. Disgusting. 

• Like 4

Was at the game just now.

6 goals conceded in 2 games is alarming. Especially as we just saw the trademark goal against from a corner (with Vardy still defending the front post) and a Ward clanger. And conceding so soon after scoring a goal our self twice felt just like last season.

How we scored 2 I do not know. I would take some positive from that, we always carry a threat. When we went to 442 and went more direct we looked way more dangerous, though perhaps waiting for the later stages of the game before doing that is the right way to go.

People will be against Rodgers, but if we have the same team as last season, except without our Captain and Goalkeeper, I'm not sure we can realistically expect to improve. We did concede from a corner, but a firmer header from Vardy and that's away and defended, other than that we looked OK defending them. I felt like none of the back 3 covered themselves in glory today; Martinelli had Fofana on toast all game, Jesus had Evans in his back pocket.

Regardless this season is going to be a real slog. Dropping points last week already piled on the pressure. Next week already has a feeling of "El Sackico" about it.

• Like 1

Just now, AmarteyAndChill said:

Free hit? What! Absolutely disgusting how Rodgers has turned this club into a club that now has free hits? Can’t believe what I’m reading. Disgusting. 

I meant in terms of no owner is going to sack a manager for losing a competitive game against Arsenal. 

Just now, desertfox2 said:

Today was a free hit and we were competitive against a team that will be top 4. Dropping the 2 points against Brentford and a bad result against Southampton are the ones that get a manager the sack so let's see how it goes next game. 

Dropping two points you could say first game of season, that can happen. Getting beat by a very good Arsenal side, you can also see that happening. However, any thing other than a good performance and 3 points against Southampton, will start to add serious pressure on Rodgers. 

1 minute ago, KingsX said:

matchstats.thumb.JPG.793f9258c7a6aa403c21488dbdd0b52e.JPG

2.9                                                    xG                                                     0.8

Surprised their XG is that low, it really felt like they had a lot more chances than even the 4 they scored. The result if anything flatters us.

Issue is that not only are we conceding goals, but are conceding chances. We were pressing very high up the pitch in pre-season, and whilst you cannot do that in 30 degrees+ heat, we need to get back to that once we hit September to stop so many chances being created against us.

Guest Col city fan
1 minute ago, StriderHiryu said:

Was at the game just now.

6 goals conceded in 2 games is alarming. Especially as we just saw the trademark goal against from a corner (with Vardy still defending the front post) and a Ward clanger. And conceding so soon after scoring a goal our self twice felt just like last season.

How we scored 2 I do not know. I would take some positive from that, we always carry a threat. When we went to 442 and went more direct we looked way more dangerous, though perhaps waiting for the later stages of the game before doing that is the right way to go.

People will be against Rodgers, but if we have the same team as last season, except without our Captain and Goalkeeper, I'm not sure we can realistically expect to improve. We did concede from a corner, but a firmer header from Vardy and that's away and defended, other than that we looked OK defending them. I felt like none of the back 3 covered themselves in glory today; Martinelli had Fofana on toast all game, Jesus had Evans in his back pocket.

Regardless this season is going to be a real slog. Dropping points last week already piled on the pressure. Next week already has a feeling of "El Sackico" about it.

What was the atmos like amongst the traveling fans mate?