Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

LCFC 2-4 Arsenal Post Match Thread

7 minutes ago, desertfox2 said:

Today was a free hit and we were competitive against a team that will be top 4. Dropping the 2 points against Brentford and a bad result against Southampton are the ones that get a manager the sack so let's see how it goes next game. 

Competitive? Lol

Oh how far we will fall with this attitude…

1 minute ago, whoareyaaa said:

We could have a solid back four with castange Fofona Evans Justin 

You could bring Soy in for ant of Evans/Fofona 

He could have nididi as a cdm shielding and 2 strikers up top

But he tries to be to fancy with all these wild tactics and slow build up play

Gucci belt 

• Haha 1

We can’t defend for shit. It’s tragic. But what is worse than that is how soft we are. There are lots of teams who can’t defend particularly well. But they don’t concede two goals having just scored two goals in one game. We are so embarrassingly soft. I don’t know what needs to change but something does and now.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

And then they are able to spend a couple of hundred million… they are a huge club, they were never going to stay down for long.

So because they've bought a couple of decent players that excuses us from not being coached to do basic defending, tracking back, closing down, marking, tackling. Wake up, nothings changed at LCFC, **** all to do with what other teams have done 

As woefully predictable as ever under this increasingly inept manager.

Faulty tactics, mistakes galore (Evans, Vardy, Ward and Praet all cost us goals and Fofana was a shambles all game) and timid, half-hearted effort all over the pitch.

We are the gift that keeps on giving. Not far short of a laughing stock to be honest.

Arsenal are a good team but may not have an easier win all season.

• Like 1

Just now, Phenom said:

Competitive? Lol

Oh how far we will fall with this attitude…

We've already fallen quite a way. Arsenal finished above us last year and just went out and spent 100m on quality signings whilst bringing back Saliba which is like another new signing. I'm not happy at all with it either but we have to be realistic here. What could we have hoped for today? Unless we get some players in we may get mid table if we are lucky. 

Just now, Jakemoore said:

We can’t defend for shit. It’s tragic. But what is worse than that is how soft we are. There are lots of teams who can’t defend particularly well. But they don’t concede two goals having just scored two goals in one game. We are so embarrassingly soft. I don’t know what needs to change but something does and now.

Got ourselves in with an unlikely chance twice and let Arsenal restore their two goal advantage through stupidity. When you get to within one you should be applying pressure for the equaliser, not let them instantly get back the momentum. This to happen twice is disgraceful 

I wonder if Rodgers regrets over achieving in those first 2 years. I'm convinced he wouldn't be getting this heat now if we'd have just finished mid table (which is where we should have finished based on our wage bill). We keep Rodgers this year and we'll finish between 7th and 10th and I'm absolutely fine with that

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Arsenal played in a really nice simplistic way, easy 1-2s, press hard and win the balld back,  move the ball forward quickly. 

We would be devastating with those tactics and our pace..he's coaching us out of wins,  it's woefully predictable 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, MancFox24 said:

I wonder if Rodgers regrets over achieving in those first 2 years. I'm convinced he wouldn't be getting this heat now if we'd have just finished mid table (which is where we should have finished based on our wage bill). We keep Rodgers this year and we'll finish between 7th and 10th and I'm absolutely fine with that

If the league is decided on wages bills we may as well wrap up now 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MancFox24 said:

Mid table? We have the 7th highest wages in the division. 

• Like 1

Just now, ronnup said:

Arsenal played in a really nice simplistic way, easy 1-2s, press hard and win the balld back,  move the ball forward quickly. 

We would be devastating with those tactics and our pace..he's coaching us out of wins,  it's woefully predictable 

He‘s still coaching as if its 2010 and the only way to play football is the keep as much possession as possible.

Teams rarely pressed in 2010, his style is outdated and obsolete. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MancFox24 said:

How can you over achieve for two seasons?lol that’s newrly 80 games ….

• Haha 1

Isn’t that the third goal we’ve conceded from Vardy making at a mistake at the front post - today, the own goal vs Burnley last season, and setting up Rudiger the season before? I remember they mentioned Vardy’s body shape contributing to the own goal vs Burnley, wonder if it’s the same today as haven’t seen the goal? 

Worrying it’s the same issue being repeated, the set piece coach can’t come soon enough. 

Edited by lcfc_forever

We've gone stale and inconsistent. Vardy is a legend of course, but he's reached his limit and needs to be phased out sooner rather than later. Tielemans isn't as good as the hype. If he wants to go, let him go. Same for Fofana. Ward is probably a decent goalkeeper but we haven't seen enough of him in the PL to know for sure. Amartey played in our PL winning team and should be bringing due experience and authority, but he plainly isn't good enough for the PL now. Maddison is quality but teams know how to frustrate him. Same with Barnes. Then there's Ndidi, a shadow of the Kante-esque player he once was.

We do have players with skill, creativity and the attributes to be part of a successful team, but we seem to be just going through the motions now. We're dull and predictable. That lies squarely with Rodgers. 

• Like 1