Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

LCFC 2-4 Arsenal Post Match Thread

3 minutes ago, Phenom said:

Mid table? We have the 7th highest wages in the division. 

Not sure whose figures you're using. The ones I've seen have had us with the 9th biggest wage bill for the past 3 years and we've finished 5th, 5th and 8th. It's a sad fact of modern football that generally you finish around where you are in the wage bill table and it'll be the same this year

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Really worrying signs in these first two games. The weak underbelly has clearly got weaker. 

Considering we have a manager that is the 4th highest paid in the league

why are we so fragile mentally for conceding goals after kick off.

Nothing has improved since Spurs 2 late goals 

16 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

What was the atmos like amongst the traveling fans mate? 

"Stand up if you're team is shite, stand up if your team is shite" lol

I'd say it was one of indifference amongst the traveling supporters. I think this is the 12th time I have been to Arsenal away and have never even seen us get a draw. Fans were irritated at the goals conceded but I get the impression that most fans know that this season is going to be a slog.

13 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Got ourselves in with an unlikely chance twice and let Arsenal restore their two goal advantage through stupidity. When you get to within one you should be applying pressure for the equaliser, not let them instantly get back the momentum. This to happen twice is disgraceful 

So we have added this fault to losing leads. 

10 minutes ago, MancFox24 said:

I wonder if Rodgers regrets over achieving in those first 2 years. I'm convinced he wouldn't be getting this heat now if we'd have just finished mid table (which is where we should have finished based on our wage bill). We keep Rodgers this year and we'll finish between 7th and 10th and I'm absolutely fine with that

Our wage bill is 7th highest in the league, yet our manager is the third highest paid in the league if he's finishing 7th-10th with a squad which is paid so handsomely King Power aren't going to think that's an awesome achievement, id argue many other managers could achieve 7th-10th with this squad, he's only still here as it's too expensive to sack him. He isn't going to get a job offer at a bigger club because the truth is, he isn't at that level.

• Like 2

Guest StevieLynex
15 minutes ago, Viktor-LCFC said:

He’s had us for 3 seasons and a bit and still no real patterns of play.

One of his attributes was meant to be his coaching and improving players. How many has he improved and how many are worse?

5 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Good point, that should fill any wage and fund gaps. :thumbup:

That is why clubs pay big money to elite managers, because a good manager can be worth a decent amount of points across the season. Rodgers is paid like an elite manager but performing like a lower half one. 

30 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Was at the game just now.

6 goals conceded in 2 games is alarming. Especially as we just saw the trademark goal against from a corner (with Vardy still defending the front post) and a Ward clanger. And conceding so soon after scoring a goal our self twice felt just like last season.

How we scored 2 I do not know. I would take some positive from that, we always carry a threat. When we went to 442 and went more direct we looked way more dangerous, though perhaps waiting for the later stages of the game before doing that is the right way to go.

People will be against Rodgers, but if we have the same team as last season, except without our Captain and Goalkeeper, I'm not sure we can realistically expect to improve. We did concede from a corner, but a firmer header from Vardy and that's away and defended, other than that we looked OK defending them. I felt like none of the back 3 covered themselves in glory today; Martinelli had Fofana on toast all game, Jesus had Evans in his back pocket.

Regardless this season is going to be a real slog. Dropping points last week already piled on the pressure. Next week already has a feeling of "El Sackico" about it.

I understand this as a heuristic (and certainly wrt to anything being expected) but if you look at our individual performances in that game there's so much room for improvement across the board. The best I can say is a few escape blame, but was anyone above a 7/10? 

That to me is where the disappointment and potential 'answer' is, in at least making this sort of game much more competitive. I'd feel less irritated (but more depressed) if I was watching a team playing near its peak and still being totted. I also find it hard to argue about which formation is best when we make such poor first of all of them! 

I'm a hokey kokey blackbelt when it comes to Rodgers but this is supposed to be where he earns his massive mountain of corn.

Edited by turtmcfly
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, The Doctor said:

That is why clubs pay big money to elite managers, because a good manager can be worth a decent amount of points across the season. Rodgers is paid like an elite manager but performing like a lower half one. 

Example being?

Rodgers on not being able to keep themselves in the game: "It's a lack of experience from a number of players in our team that aren't used to the level. You've got to look after the ball and certainly in the fourth goal you can see we've given it away."

Rodgers' thoughts on the performance: "It was a mixed bag. The players gave everything. It was an extremely hot day. We were aggressive but obviously have to play a certain way because of the profile of players we have."

——

I think there is definitely a strong dislike from Rodgers on the fact they haven’t brought anyone in. These comments are straight to the point. We don’t have the players to compete.

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Webbo said:

That's a team that finished above us last season that's spent over 100 million in the closed season, losing shouldn't be a massive shock. It is what it is. 

I see no matter what you seem to back Rodgers. 

At what point do you come to the conclusion that the team picked and the tactics are simply not good enough?

Absolutely woeful from Amartey and Ward for the 2nd and 3rd goals. He continues to pick players that imo are worse than others in the squad and continue to let us down.

Went to watch Non League so didn't tune in to this, but reading the reaction on here is very disappointing, conceding 6 games in 2 games is a massive concern.

2 goals is about the only positives I can see from this game!

I’m usually positive but I think kasper is a bigger loss than we realise. The “1st team” played 4 at the back all pre seasons and now we play 3 at the back. 

I am not a manager out kinda guy usually but is it time for a change?

it’s going to be an interesting few weeks.

1 minute ago, Tuna said:

Went to watch Non League so didn't tune in to this, but reading the reaction on here is very disappointing, conceding 6 games in 2 games is a massive concern.

2 goals is about the only positives I can see from this game!

The only positive I can see so far is Maddison seems to have started the season like he ended last years. He started very slow last season but he seems on it already so he will win us points. 

• Haha 1