Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC vs Southampton - Pre-Match Thread

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

There shouldn't be a must-win game at the start of the season but given that we've not beaten Brentford at home (shamefully) and been resoundingly beaten at Arsenal, now is the best time to get 3 points. And even more so given we're unlikely to get anything away at Chelsea. 

Bad start or not getting the win would likely lead to a) a very toxic atmosphere and b) probably the end of Rodgers.

I hope we go to a back 4. This back 3 lark is just failing each time. The 3 CBs seem to lose their positions far too often, it causes several mix-ups between themselves and the GK. I pray to god Amartey doesn't start - he just isn't good enough for us.

Ward

Castagne - Fofana - Evans - Justin

Ndidi - Tielemans

Praet - Maddison - KDH

Vardy

I know it won't happen. But go back to a back 4, leave Ndidi to do his job as a ball-winner/shield in front of the defence. Leave Tielemans as the play-maker, and you have the 3 behind Vardy to create for him. 

If Fofana is leaving, play Soyuncu. 

If Rodgers has any kind of sense about him (!) he'd see the back 3 isn't working.

This. All this.

6 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

I highly doubt it.

Kasper had no problems with BR or the club it was just his time..

No way would he be laughing at us losing. 

I wasn’t insinuating Kasper would be laughing at us losing the game more the predicament we find ourselves in, Rodgers treatment of Kasper was pretty shameful.

24 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

I wasn’t insinuating Kasper would be laughing at us losing the game more the predicament we find ourselves in, Rodgers treatment of Kasper was pretty shameful.

Why would he laugh at our predicament? 

I don't understand where your coming from?

And what exatly did BR do to Kasper rhat was so bad? 

Just now, themightyfin said:

Why would he laugh at our predicament? 

I don't understand where your coming from?

And what exatly did BR do to Kasper rhat was so bad? 

Laugh at Brendan’s predicament.

Treated him like f**king shit? Would Kasper really wanted to have leave this summer if Brendan wasn’t keen on in?

32 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Laugh at Brendan’s predicament.

Treated him like f**king shit? Would Kasper really wanted to have leave this summer if Brendan wasn’t keen on in?

You saus the predicament WE are in Not Brendan. 

And when did BR treat Kasper like shit?

Your talking shit. That's all. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

You saus the predicament WE are in Not Brendan. 

And when did BR treat Kasper like shit?

Your talking shit. That's all. 

Probably am in all honestly! It just feels like we could have avoided Kasper’s departure?

You didn't answer my question? Hoe did BR treat Kasper like shit? I'm interested? 

It felt like Rodgers threw him under the bus, when he was in line for 150 consecutive appearances and was dropped that game for Ward and since then maybe all has not been well behind the scenes is my guess..

3 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Probably am in all honestly! It just feels like we could have avoided Kasper’s departure?

he's spoken for a few seasons about wanting to leave, there was nothing to do to stop it, he was hardly infallible, he made the 5or 6 errors a season all keepers make but his fans ignored them, now those same fans are sulking and have the knives out for Ward.

It was time for Kasper to go, I wonder when he informed the club about this move if it was at the end of last season then they should have gone for Henderson on loan

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

he's spoken for a few seasons about wanting to leave, there was nothing to do to stop it, he was hardly infallible, he made the 5or 6 errors a season all keepers make but his fans ignored them, now those same fans are sulking and have the knives out for Ward.

It was time for Kasper to go, I wonder when he informed the club about this move if it was at the end of last season then they should have gone for Henderson on loan

Was never gonna happen.

Ward was promised first go after Kaspers time to go that's why he signed his new contract .

Edited by themightyfin