Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC vs Southampton - Pre-Match Thread

7 hours ago, Lako42 said:

Ward

Justin - Evans - Foffana - Castagne

----------- Ndid---------------

---------Perez---------------KDH----------

---------------- Maddison------------------

--------------Nacho - Vardy ------------

...I would not bring Perez in myself, and it is clear he is out of position in your formation!!!

JJ and Castagne swapped is not playing to their strengths  and Fofana (might not be used) but on the wrong side of the two CBs.

1 hour ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

Ward 

Castagne   Fofana      Evans      Justin 

albrighton  Ndidi      KDH         Maddison 

Vestegaard   Vardy 

crosses 

...I don't believe Vestergaard gets his head on much in our box and Vardy does a good job on our near post, but not prolific at the other end!!!

We probably need to have Wilf on our near post and Vardy up the field as an out ball. With Wilf's position behind Vardy at the near post, if it goes past Vardy then it also goes past Wilf, it is not a good percentage place for him (Wilf) to be. The defence of deadball situations is still not being catered to, dropping men on the halfway line was worth a try, but as we were always second to the incoming corner ball, we were unlikely to be able to hit teams on the break.

35 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

If Rodgers was to name an unchanged starting line-up with Armarty on the extreme left of a three, then we know he’s pulling our ******s and he’s after the sack for his compo!

....we could always have him for gross negligence, which would then allow us to dispense with his services, without the need to pay off his contract!!!

Although I suspect you would have had to have issued two prior warnings to make it work.

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....we could always have him for gross negligence, which would then allow us to dispense with his services, without the need to pay off his contract!!!

Although I suspect you would have had to have issued two prior warnings to make it work.

Or get sectioned under the Mental Health Act?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...I don't believe Vestergaard gets his head on much in our box and Vardy does a good job on our near post, but not prolific at the other end!!!

We probably need to have Wilf on our near post and Vardy up the field as an out ball. With Wilf's position behind Vardy at the near post, if it goes past Vardy then it also goes past Wilf, it is not a good percentage place for him (Wilf) to be. The defence of deadball situations is still not being catered to, dropping men on the halfway line was worth a try, but as we were always second to the incoming corner ball, we were unlikely to be able to hit teams on the break.

Vardy defending the near post is the gift that keeps on giving! Why leave him upfield for the break when having him cover the near post has created at least 3 assists and one own goal in the last twelve months :scarf:

Set up a beaut against Arsenal 

:brendan:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, jim5000 said:

Vardy defending the near post is the gift that keeps on giving! Why leave him upfield for the break when having him cover the near post has created at least 3 assists and one own goal in the last twelve months :scarf:

Set up a beaut against Arsenal 

:brendan:

....Vardy is normally solid on the front post if he had inadvertently contributed to 3 assists then considering the amount of  corners we tend to face, that is a good ratio!!!

Tielemans has given away just as much, and I am sure the Tottenham team now sends him a Christmas card every year.

Edited by sacreblueits442

Ward

Castagne Amartey Evans Justin

Ndidi 

Praet Maddison KDH

Iheanacho Daka

We shouldnt play fofana, tielemans, vardy when they are under such intense speculation and/or negotiating with other clubs. The edge just won't be there.

We also can't play Soyuncu ahead of Amartey if he has been so clearly put out to pasture behind Amartey so far this season. 

It would be a diamond for me with ndidi dropping in for full backs as they bomb.

Only Thomas Albrighton Perez Mendy Iversen viable subs

Its like the end of a game of Mortal Kombat . With the spine being ripped out of our side as we look on. Schmeichel, Fofana, Tielemans, Vardy. What the **** is going on and where are Top / Susan Whelan? And while we are at it. **** Becky Vardy for financially unsettling Vardy with her weapons grade playground bitching. He's been made.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...I would not bring Perez in myself, and it is clear he is out of position in your formation!!!

JJ and Castagne swapped is not playing to their strengths  and Fofana (might not be used) but on the wrong side of the two CBs.

Yep all true, I threw it together in a panic at work lol

Perez is only in because it's Southampton and hes guaranteed a goal. Switch with Praet if you want. 

• Like 1

On 15/08/2022 at 15:39, AmyLGK said:

Been trying to buy tickets for me and my mum to go to this...it'll be her first ever LCFC game...which means I can't buy her a ticket....so we're now not going 🤦‍♀️

Are you still looking for tickets? I've just seen 2 available in SK2 on the FB Facevalue group. 

I wonder what type of clauses might be included? Surely sacked on performance based reasons doesn’t mean that he will be paid in full?

Been on the fence with Rodgers, but if he doesn’t go for it at home this weekend he can do one.

The KDH and then lack of other subs against Brentford was odd… I don’t see him changing and fully expect a back 5 Saturday. Depressing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lesta2014 said:

Press conference day tomorrow isnt it? Hopefully get some clarity on fofana transfer request and if any outgoings are close. 

I'm not holding my breath for any clearer info. 

And, to be fair we've always tried to keep our business regarding signing private. 

• Like 1

Guest nathan.

If we lose this hes gone.

If we sell Wes it makes the decision abit easier because his sale would pay for a new manger and his team.

20 minutes ago, nathan. said:

If we lose this hes gone.

If we sell Wes it makes the decision abit easier because his sale would pay for a new manger and his team.

a long trough from which horses and cattle feed 😂

I know Tops into horses but surely we can find better use from Wes's sale money!

Edited by CrispinLA in Texas

20 hours ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

Ward 

Castagne   Fofana      Evans      Justin 

albrighton  Ndidi      KDH         Maddison 

Vestegaard   Vardy 

crosses 

Just tell Vestegaard to defend for the other team and we'll score easily.

Life after Fofana could begin here.

Iversen has been prepared.  A midfield with Ndidi, KDH. Telemans and Madison doesn't work. 

Iversen

Castagne. Evans. Soyuncu, Justin

Ndidi

KDH,       Maddison

Wright       Vardy/Daka      Albrighton

Tielemans is hard to leave out  Wright is callow. Albrighton is a better player then the incarnation that won  the Premier League. But this could represent a more balanced team.

11 minutes ago, majaco said:

Life after Fofana could begin here.

Iversen has been prepared.  A midfield with Ndidi, KDH. Telemans and Madison doesn't work. 

Iversen

Castagne. Evans. Soyuncu, Justin

Ndidi

KDH,       Maddison

Wright       Vardy/Daka      Albrighton

Tielemans is hard to leave out  Wright is callow. Albrighton is a better player then the incarnation that won  the Premier League. But this could represent a more balanced team.

Why drop Ward?