Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC vs Southampton - Pre-Match Thread

My expected highlights

- no players are close to leaving

- Barnes not ready yet

- Dan Amartey is a capable left sided CB

- look at wolves have done with nunes, we aren’t at that level

- You can see we need reinforcements but I’ve not been able to do that

- set piece coach still not with us

- Wes has been training well as has Youri

- not down to me whether players are still here. I’ll work with what I’ve got (in grudging tone)

- not a must win game we will show our quality over the season

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

How bads the presser going to be then?

• Barnes back in training but had a flare up and out for 3 months

• Set piece coach has accepted another job due to the delays

• Soumare deal fallen through

• Vestergaard rejected another club

• Perez failed a medical for glandular fever at Villareal after we'd accepted a straight swap for Samuel Chukwueze and both deals are off

• Fofana has said he'll score an own goal every time we make him play until we sell him

• The board have told Rodgers that transfers are bad for the planet and that we won't ever be making one again. We'll operate the club until our last player has left or snuffed it and then send the fans dog shit in the post and fold the club

• Confident of showing our identity on Saturday and getting 3 points 

The way that things have been going for the past year, I wouldn't be at all surprised if this is what happened. 

8 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

A bat flew into my bedroom through a window last night, sent the wife running out screaming. Bat then proceeded to shit on the carpet and I’m not 100% sure if he flew back out the window or is still hiding somewhere in there. 

And I expect that to be less of a shitshow than this game… 

Your wife sounds batshit crazy 

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

How did this get 3 laughing reacts... 

Seriously, there are some people who think Amartey was decent last season or is good enough for us? FML. 

I think he was relatively solid for decent stretches of last season, although quite limited on the ball etc.

However he’s a complete liability when he’s played as LCB and shouldn’t be anywhere near the first eleven in that position.

He can fill in at RCB when needed but clearly isn’t the calibre of player we want as first choice. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

A bat flew into my bedroom through a window last night, sent the wife running out screaming. Bat then proceeded to shit on the carpet and I’m not 100% sure if he flew back out the window or is still hiding somewhere in there. 

And I expect that to be less of a shitshow than this game… 

Get Ozzy in, he'll sort your bat problem.

59 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

How did this get 3 laughing reacts... 

Seriously, there are some people who think Amartey was decent last season or is good enough for us? FML. 

Probably just Col on his burner accounts that allow him to express his true love of big Dan :D

Rodgers on Wes:

"It's great to see him in training, you know he has that [experience] in abundance and he brings us that physicality that you need to compete at this level. He's not match fit yet but his experience as a Premier League winning captain is amazing, it's an asset to everybody here. To bring him in as an addition is exactly what we need."

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Brendan Rodgers Pre-Match Press Conference vs Southampton

Bids for Fofana?

“There’s nothing new from when we last spoke.”

Fofana told you he wants to leave?

“We’ve spoken numbers of times about the situation. We’ve had private conversations. Our communication is normal.”

Tricky for him?

“It’s a challenge for any player, when the window is open and there is lots of noise, especially for a young player. That’s why we’re here, to help him and educate him and let him deal with all of these rumours. The focus is on the weekend."

Difficult for a manager?

“There’s no denying it. It’s always a tricky period. Your season is starting, you’re trying to get focused, and you spend your summer creating this powerful collective unit, and then there is lots of speculation. These are young guys and it’s the first time they have experienced this for some of them. There can be disruption. The idea is to keep the group focused. The minute the window ends, it all ends.”

Will Fofana still be here after the window closes?

“I don’t think so far ahead. The idea is that he is very much a Leicester player. He’s not for sale. Unless anything changes, I would expect him to be here."

Any fringe players close to leaving?

“Nothing on that as far as I’m aware.”

Barnes?

“Harvey Barnes is back in training so that’s really good for us. He’s looked excellent, he’s looked fit. He had a really good pre-season. He should be available.”

What did you mean by lack of experience?

“We’ve got numbers of players, you can talk about James Justin, Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall, they’re not overly experienced. That’s what I was referring to.”

Last summer's window a success?

“What we’ve looked at, the players who came in, Jannik was coming in as a cover player for us. Jannik was very clear on his role. We still had Evans and Cags and Daniel Amartey. He was coming in as fourth-choice centre-half. Ryan was coming in as an experienced player like Christian Fuchs. Soumare was a player who came in and he was going to be a hybrid between Wilf or Youri, meaning he could play when they were not. Patson has had more game-time. It’s a fair question, but I think it’s a fair answer to say they were coming in as cover players.”

Last summer affect this summer?

“It’s from before. It’s not just last summer. It’s a combination of a number of years. It’s unfair to isolate those players and say it’s just those players.”

Vice captain?

"Marc Albrighton was the choice from the coaches, the fellow players. It was unanimous really. He's a model professional. They set a standard every day, Jonny and Marc, the level of how they commit themselves to their work. It's a comfort to other players that they are there to support them."

80k a week cover player?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Brendan Rodgers Pre-Match Press Conference vs Southampton

Will Fofana still be here after the window closes?

“I don’t think so far ahead. The idea is that he is very much a Leicester player (This weekend). He’s not for sale ish. Unless anything changes, I would expect him to be here leave."

Corrected!

and in three weeks he’s gone from ‘not for sale   - end of’ to it just being an idea that he’s our player! 

Just now, South Shire Fox said:

Vardy i imagine? The guy who should of actually been the vice captain? 😂

Not everyone who's been at a club for a long time has leadership qualities

There's a reason the armband got passed to Ricardo and Youri over Vardy at times last season and in pre-season

That presser is a car crash. Sorry.

Calling out KDH and JJ as inexperienced. Great. Wonder how they feel hearing that.

Spending multi-millions on wages and transfer fees for ‘cover players’. Wonder how Liverpool touted Patson Daka feels being described as that.

As for Marc being VC, love the guy and he’s a legend but **** me he won’t play? Both our Captain and VC likely won’t even be here next year.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Just shows the level of mismanagement from the board, manager and staff. Drain the swamp.

Laughable, surely there was a championship defender we could have signed for less money all round who would have been better as a "cover player"!

3 minutes ago, KFS said:

That presser is a car crash. Sorry.

Spending multi-millions on wages and transfer fees for ‘cover players’. Wonder how Liverpool touted Patson Daka feels being described as that.

As for Marc being VC, love the guy and he’s a legend but **** me he won’t play? Both our Captain and VC likely won’t even be here next year.

Rodgers was very public last summer about Daka and Soumare being no more than cover players initially when they came in

Players and Staff chose him as VC, not Rodgers, Evans is in talks for an extension as well

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 2