Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC vs Southampton - Pre-Match Thread

7 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

Not everyone who's been at a club for a long time has leadership qualities

There's a reason the armband got passed to Ricardo and Youri over Vardy at times last season and in pre-season

Because Rodgers is clueless? Lets give the captains armband to Youri Tielemens who doesnt want to be here over a club legend whose performances and work ethic set the example like Vardy? 

Edited by South Shire Fox

6 minutes ago, KFS said:

That presser is a car crash. Sorry.

Calling out KDH and JJ as inexperienced. Great. Wonder how they feel hearing that.

Spending multi-millions on wages and transfer fees for ‘cover players’. Wonder how Liverpool touted Patson Daka feels being described as that.

As for Marc being VC, love the guy and he’s a legend but **** me he won’t play? Both our Captain and VC likely won’t even be here next year.

The fella spends most of his time spouting crap and gets vilified on here 

when he speaks the truth it’s a ‘car crash’ ??   JJ and KDH are premier league inexperienced (especially so kdh) 

and the players we signed last summer were all cover - no one ever claimed different but Europa league meant they would expect plenty of starts 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Brendan Rodgers Pre-Match Press Conference vs Southampton

Bids for Fofana?

“There’s nothing new from when we last spoke.”

Fofana told you he wants to leave?

“We’ve spoken numbers of times about the situation. We’ve had private conversations. Our communication is normal.”

Tricky for him?

“It’s a challenge for any player, when the window is open and there is lots of noise, especially for a young player. That’s why we’re here, to help him and educate him and let him deal with all of these rumours. The focus is on the weekend."

Difficult for a manager?

“There’s no denying it. It’s always a tricky period. Your season is starting, you’re trying to get focused, and you spend your summer creating this powerful collective unit, and then there is lots of speculation. These are young guys and it’s the first time they have experienced this for some of them. There can be disruption. The idea is to keep the group focused. The minute the window ends, it all ends.”

Will Fofana still be here after the window closes?

“I don’t think so far ahead. The idea is that he is very much a Leicester player. He’s not for sale. Unless anything changes, I would expect him to be here."

Any fringe players close to leaving?

“Nothing on that as far as I’m aware.”

Barnes?

“Harvey Barnes is back in training so that’s really good for us. He’s looked excellent, he’s looked fit. He had a really good pre-season. He should be available.”

What did you mean by lack of experience?

“We’ve got numbers of players, you can talk about James Justin, Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall, they’re not overly experienced. That’s what I was referring to.”

Last summer's window a success?

“What we’ve looked at, the players who came in, Jannik was coming in as a cover player for us. Jannik was very clear on his role. We still had Evans and Cags and Daniel Amartey. He was coming in as fourth-choice centre-half. Ryan was coming in as an experienced player like Christian Fuchs. Soumare was a player who came in and he was going to be a hybrid between Wilf or Youri, meaning he could play when they were not. Patson has had more game-time. It’s a fair question, but I think it’s a fair answer to say they were coming in as cover players.”

Last summer affect this summer?

“It’s from before. It’s not just last summer. It’s a combination of a number of years. It’s unfair to isolate those players and say it’s just those players.”

Vice captain?

"Marc Albrighton was the choice from the coaches, the fellow players. It was unanimous really. He's a model professional. They set a standard every day, Jonny and Marc, the level of how they commit themselves to their work. It's a comfort to other players that they are there to support them."

No incomings?

“Not at the moment. The work has been with the players who are here.”

Frustrating no arrivals?

“It’s one where I’ve said before. Every manager wants to strengthen. My experience tells me you have to concentrate on what you have, a wonderful group that want to get better. If we get some luck with no injuries, then we can still have a really good season.”

Barnes importance?

“It’s always important for how we play. We’ve always tried to be flexible and have that adaptability. We are limited with wide players, so we had to adjust when he was out.”

Very surprised that BR saying last year’s transfer business, largest net spend I believe, was just to provide cover. 

• Like 2

Lads, why are you reading these things in isolation? He essentially blamed the loss at Arsenal on inexperience and then calls out two players by name who are inexperienced. Saturday is going to be huge in terms of watching for attitude and responsiveness to tactics. If he’s lost the fans like this, I’m very sure he’s close to losing the dressing room too.

2 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

What are you trying to say here?

Of course our academy players are inexperienced, theyre ****ing academy players after all

Given his injuries, JJ has about a season's worth of Premier League experience, KDH maybe half a season, yes, that is what you would call inexperienced in the grand scheme of things

Both of them have at least 3 seasons of league football under their belt.

If he considers that as an excuse/inexperience then it shows why he's extremely reluctant to give genuinely inexperienced players a chance. 

Just now, moore_94 said:

Just added a load more to the summary on the previous page - seems like there was quite a lot covered in this one

I feel like you should be paid for your role on FT haha, sterling work on compiling information on pressers and our loan players for us lazy barstewards :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Harpenden Fox said:

The level of personal animosity aimed at BR on here is bordering on abusive. Sure he has his faults and weaknesses, but he also has achieved huge amounts in the game and with us. 

There is simply no need for the level of vilification he receives. 

Brendan could've said 2+2= 4 and people on here would be outraged 

They're simply looking for anything to criticise him for to justify their opinions

• Like 1

4-4-2 diamond I think for this game.

Ward

Castagne    Fofana     Evans      Justin 

Mendy 

KDH                         Praet 

Madders

Kelch.                 Vardy 

I guess my biggest question would be that if the experience he criticised us for lacking after the Arsenal game is referring to KDH and JJ, what exactly did they specifically do wrong that others in the team didn't?

My personal take is that he's hand-waving the experience explanation as best he can here and when he brought it out after the game he meant it as a euphemism for bottle/mentality without wanting to be seen to be directly call the team mentally weak.

• Like 2

Assuming Barnes is fit surely he’ll go 

Ward

Castagne

Fofana

Evans

Justin

Ndidi

KDH

Tielemans

Barnes

Vardy

Maddison

subs Iversen Thomas Amartey Soyuncu Mendy Praet Albrighton Iheanacho Daka 

if this team doesn’t win the game it’ll be very toxic by 95 mins 

Just now, The_Rorab said:

I guess my biggest question would be that if the experience he criticised us for lacking after the Arsenal game is referring to KDH and JJ, what exactly did they specifically do wrong that others in the team didn't?

My personal take is that he's hand-waving the experience explanation as best he can here and when he brought it out after the game he meant it as a euphemism for bottle/mentality without wanting to be seen to be directly call the team mentally weak.

That's being kind. 

1 minute ago, The_Rorab said:

Exactly. 

And 2+2 does indeed equal 4. 

Just now, mod hero said:

Did Praet give the ball away for the 4th Arsenal goal? 

Yes, in a manner of speaking but it's a tad harsh, imho, to say that he gave it away. He was closed down more quickly than he anticipated. These things happen.

Besides stuff happened after Praet was pickpocketed so it's kinda harsh to put total blame on him.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The_Rorab said:

All he cares about is trying to absolve him self of any blame. Charlatan 

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

Unleash the over reaction.

Some members of here are even more predictable the Rodgers......

It was a bog standard Rodgers interview.

The only annoying thing really is that several members of the clubs hierarchy decided that it was a wise move to sanction 15 million pounds up front and 70k (or more) a week on what is essentially a back up player.

It just compounds the fact that stupid decisions have left us in a mess this summer and the season is essentially a write off in terms of ambition before it really begins.  

• Like 1