Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC vs Southampton - Pre-Match Thread

Hope we play 4-2-3-1 / 4-3-3 but whatever system it is about the players. 

forget Wes and Youri- we want players who are committed to the cause and desperate to play and win. Backing the lads to get stuck in and get a win - up the citeh!!!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

That email the club just sent out. If you read it in insolation it makes you think do you really want to enter a place with that unfriendly approach and welcome.

What email has the club sent out? I haven’t received one and am a season ticket holder.

11 hours ago, Raj said:

2nd home game of the season and I'm already not bothered!!!🤭🤭

It's either old age or just empathy towards football at the moment(Or probably lack of excitement  of the club!)

I couldn't agree more. Well, I could have if you'd said apathy not empathy ;)

• Haha 2

Just now, GlennyFox55 said:

To be fair to them i think clubs in general are under a lot of pressure this season on fan behaviour.

Seen loads of club statements going out already across the leagues. 

Its how you do though for me. Different approaches will see different results.

The fact that we’re having to play this game without Fofana or his potential replacement, in a game where we’d ordinarily be looking at 3 points, is another reason why the window shouldn’t overlap into the season.

Also, I believe we’re playing Man Utd on the night of deadline day. How will that work when we’re trying to shift several of our substitutes? They and Brendan might be a little busy elsewhere that evening and same goes for Utd.

• Like 3

If we don’t get 3 points out of this game we are looking at a crap season , who ever got the wages bill and what ever else wrong needs to be fired today , thus crap is going to bring this great club to its knees , amd ur starting to see it happen right in front of ur eyes , 1st Wes then ???? 

A game we should be winning with ease but no doubt we will make hard work of it.

Thats also taking nothing away from Southampton. We can easily lose this today. I’d prefer to see four at the back with two up front but knowing Rodgers he will set up defensively, which will possibly mean another borefest performance.

Edited by buzzer_b

14 hours ago, Matt said:

Genuinely think they should put the extension on the back burner, it'll only get worse the way we're going plus various other reasons, most notably the cost of living crisis.

Besides if they're that hard up :dunno: 

...the added seats do give us the ability to use the venue in other ways!!!

Good to have the charity shield, also it could become a destination venue for artistes who frequent Birmingham and Leicester do not get a look in. 

Games against the big 6 are over subscribed, we can remedy that, we also make it easier for families and friends to be seated together and enjoy the experience, buying merchandise with food and a few pints to boot.

If we must go 5 at the back (which of course we don't, but y'know "reasons") then hows about...

5_ You taking the piss_.png

Though I accept it might be better if Castagne and Daka wore the same kit as the rest of the team...

Edited by JimJams
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

What a fall from grace for Soyuncu.

Wasn't he in the PL team of the season playing in a back 4 with Evans? 

Now he can't even get a sniff over Amartey lol 

...he looked good in pre-season and there must have been a big fall out for Rodgers not to look to play him!!!

The fact that he is sitting on the bench must be a pretext to any legal action Soyuncu could bring as you are more likely to see Vestergaard come off the bench than Soyuncu. The big thing for me is if he drops Ndidi into the backline whilst both Vestergaard and Soyuncu are available, it would clearly be to send a message to our board, that he hasn't the tools to work with and he is unable to do what he wants to do, due to their negligence.