Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC vs Southampton - Pre-Match Thread

18 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...he looked good in pre-season and there must have been a big fall out for Rodgers not to look to play him!!!

The fact that he is sitting on the bench must be a pretext to any legal action Soyuncu could bring as you are more likely to see Vestergaard come off the bench than Soyuncu. The big thing for me is if he drops Ndidi into the backline whilst both Vestergaard and Soyuncu are available, it would clearly be to send a message to our board, that he hasn't the tools to work with and he is unable to do what he wants to do, due to their negligence. 

Or maybe just Amartey and was the better player towards the end of last season?

When a player isn’t playing there doesn’t always have to be a big story behind it. You can only pick 11 players, some will miss out, some will the also miss out on the squad.

I’m also pretty certain no one can bring legal action against a manager for not putting them in the squad.

Some of the thing dreamt up on her are getting wilder by the day.

3 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Or maybe just Amartey and was the better player towards the end of last season?

When a player isn’t playing there doesn’t always have to be a big story behind it. You can only pick 11 players, some will miss out, some will the also miss out on the squad.

I’m also pretty certain no one can bring legal action against a manager for not putting them in the squad.

Some of the thing dreamt up on her are getting wilder by the day.

.. Amartey has put in a good shift when Brought in last season!!!

He certainly performed better than Soyuncu and was rightly given precedence in the backline. 

Amartey has now been moved into a role he does not fit and is a fish out of water, Soyuncu still is not afforded the opportunity to help the team in this instance.

The legal thing was probably badly worded as when the inevitable sale for Soyuncu comes into play, just stating that he had constantly been  an ever present in the match day squad as opposed to, having been left to rot in the U21s, it would sound a lot better in any subsequent arbitration or discussion as to an appropriate value, should we wish to beef up our case.

Not confident the squad is any sort of mental shape to play right now if reports of players being left out is to be believed. This is a very important game, even this early in the season and three points are vital or I think we will struggle to get any sort of momentum going in the next few matches. Also not sure how satisfied the manager is right now if his interview the other day is any sort of yardstick.

Probably need to score at least 3 to get anything out of the game though.

1 hour ago, JimJams said:

If we must go 5 at the back (which of course we don't, but y'know "reasons") then hows about...

5_ You taking the piss_.png

Though I accept it might be better if Castagne and Daka wore the same kit as the rest of the team...

That's so defensive though. Justin at wing back as he has way more athleticism than Thomas, not sure I'd even bother with Ndidi and definitely Nacho over Daka, not just because he's better but he brings way more balance to the team with his ability to drop deep and link up play.

Don't worry though, you've still outdone Brendan

• Haha 1

Iheanacho should be a guaranteed starter today was excellent last week. I would put Vardy on the bench he's looked at bit jaded so far, maybe playing him at 60 mins will make him more hungry.

Pérez and Iheanacho up front could be interesting combination. 

Edited by southfox66

22 hours ago, Lesta2014 said:

I’m fed up of this season already and it’s only week 3. 

Vardy new contract had given me a boost. Come on boys we need a win to kickstart season today! Sounds daft but we don’t want to be going Stockport on the back of a defeat, full house they will be well up for it! 

22 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

That's so defensive though. Justin at wing back as he has way more athleticism than Thomas, not sure I'd even bother with Ndidi and definitely Nacho over Daka, not just because he's better but he brings way more balance to the team with his ability to drop deep and link up play.

Don't worry though, you've still outdone Brendan

Tbh I just thought I'd post up a back 5 that doesn't include Amartey or Vestergaard. YOU JUST CANT BLOODY WIN!

• Haha 1

Diamond with vardy at the tip and praet out wide. We have the technical players to do it. 

Otherwise it's a 442 imo with daka/vards up top and praet on RW. 

With all the talk about fofana and tielemans at the minute, it'd be nice to focus on getting Daka some much needed confidence and Praet some game time.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

I've heard minor variations but effectively something like this:

Danny Ward

James Justin

Timmy Castagne

Caglar Soyuncu

Jonny Evans

Wilf Ndidi

Kiernan Dewsbury Hall

Harvey Barnes

Ayoze Perez

James Maddison

Jamie Vardy

No Fofana or Tielemans in the starting XI.

No Fofana in squad. Not sure if YT on bench.

Just going on what I've heard so don't shoot the messenger and of course it wcould be wrong.

Someone else (earlier) had told me the same team but Mendy playing and no Perez. The above looks more like a LCFC team/shape to me.

lets hope so

37 minutes ago, southfox66 said:

Iheanacho should be a guaranteed starter today was excellent last week. I would put Vardy on the bench he's looked at bit jaded so far, maybe playing him at 60 mins will make him more hungry.

Pérez and Iheanacho up front could be interesting combination. 

....not so much jaded as despondent!!!

No service, and when anything does come, the inevitable snatch at the chance, as there is no guarantee that one is ever going to come his way for the rest of the game. The Vardy shuttle runs may have been a way of keeping him fresh to play longer, but it keeps him sharp and is a big part of his game. He needs to be involved, but the way we play does not mean any forward progress will lead to the ball coming his way, it must be frustrating for him, as usual, he finds himself isolated up front.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...he looked good in pre-season and there must have been a big fall out for Rodgers not to look to play him!!!

The fact that he is sitting on the bench must be a pretext to any legal action Soyuncu could bring as you are more likely to see Vestergaard come off the bench than Soyuncu. The big thing for me is if he drops Ndidi into the backline whilst both Vestergaard and Soyuncu are available, it would clearly be to send a message to our board, that he hasn't the tools to work with and he is unable to do what he wants to do, due to their negligence. 

Final straw was that Spurs game and that tackle leading to the 2nd goal.  However, Brendan needs to put that aside if Cags is in the best XI available- we need to get 3 points so do what you need to get the result.

3-1 City win. Vards to open the scoring.