Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC vs Southampton - Pre-Match Thread

50 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....it would have been 150 consecutive games, a milestone, and Rodgers chose to put Ward in, and the next game brings Kasper back!!!

All that says to me was Rodgers was seeking to make a point.

he was supposed to have played when Kasper was on 147 but was injured so the point is moot as he never would have gotten that far, and if that really upset Kasper then he wasn't the leader he's made out to be

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TK95 said:

Ironically Ten Hag would work wonders here

I did have half an idea that he'd get sacked early there and we could get him but I'm also less convinced that we have the squad that suits him either.

9 hours ago, Happy Fox said:

Bet Kasper is laughing, and sticking his middle finger up at Rodgers.

Yup, sure he loves seeing the club he gave 11 of his best years too, flounder, his deputy struggle

Edited by Dahnsouff

4 hours ago, TK95 said:

Won't happen but...

Ward

Castagne

Soyuncu

Evans

Justin

N'Didi

Dewsbury-Hall

Praet

Maddison

Daka

Iheanacho

I would go with that, only with Mendy in place of Ndidi, who is badly out of form, and possibly Vardy up front with Nacho.

Fofana and Tielemans need to start on the bench until they get their heads straight.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, marbles said:

How quickly you all are forgetting how horrible Cags was last year

Soyuncu at least gives you some pace and ball-playing ability, and the theoretical possibility that the good version will show up.  Amartey is guaranteed to be pretty much a dumpster fire because that's just what he is.

It’s about time collectively the club, the players and manager actually gave a 90 minute performance to shout about. 

In general, the fans have been pretty patient over the year and you throw in this summer. There are plenty of fanbase what would have flipped by now. Alongside price increases across the board. 

Time to give something to cherish and enjoy. Straight from kick off 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

It’s about time collectively the club, the players and manager actually gave a 90 minute performance to shout about. 

In general, the fans have been pretty patient over the year and you throw in this summer. There are plenty of fanbase what would have flipped by now. Alongside price increases across the board. 

Time to give something to cherish and enjoy. Straight from kick off 

I think alot of people have just lost apathy for it all, we're bored, we don't care, there's no excitement and hasn't been for a very long time, it's just all very 'meh', we come to expect it, it's a chore to go to games, it's turgid and dull as dishwater - that goes for a majority of teams.

I'd have loved to not renew my ST, but I really do hope to get the buzz, passion, excitement and enjoyment back and if I were to give my ST up i'd not get it back but there needs to be a change, Rodgers going is included in that but it goes deeper than just that.

I know i'm not alone, many people on here comment about it, many people I speak to feel the same.

I'm not sure it's just us either, i've spoke to match going fans of other clubs and I gauge the feeling (Of the small minority I speak to) that most are just very bored of the game, it's not the same game anymore and it's not improved for it.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

I think alot of people have just lost apathy for it all, we're bored, we don't care, there's no excitement and hasn't been for a very long time, it's just all very 'meh', we come to expect it, it's a chore to go to games, it's turgid and dull as dishwater - that goes for a majority of teams.

I'd have love to not renew my ST, but I do hope to get the buzz, passion, enjoyment back and if I were to give my ST up i'd not get it back.

I know i'm not alone, many people on here comment about it, many people I speak to feel the same.

I'm not sure it's just us either, i've spoke to match going fans of other clubs and I gauge the feeling (Of the small minority I speak to) the most are just very bored of the game, it's not the same game anymore and it's not improved for it.

The life is being slowly choked out of the game at the same time we are in decline, I also have this feeling of general malaise 

• Like 1

Losing Barnes has been a blow.

We lack balance.  Amartey should have been moved on;  instead he has started the two games.  Soyuncu is a better player but has been unreliable.

We should play with a back 4 and Ndidi.

We should consider playing Wright or.an academy player.  

We need to make signings.  A decent cb and a wide forward.  Perhaps this should be done now even if Vestegaard,  Soumare and Perez cannot be moved on.

33 minutes ago, Matt said:

I'd have loved to not renew my ST, but I really do hope to get the buzz, passion, excitement and enjoyment back and if I were to give my ST up i'd not get it back but there needs to be a change, Rodgers going is included in that but it goes deeper than just that.

I'm not sure it's just us either, i've spoke to match going fans of other clubs and I gauge the feeling (Of the small minority I speak to) that most are just very bored of the game, it's not the same game anymore and it's not improved for it.

Where’s the pills?