Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC vs Southampton - Pre-Match Thread

7 hours ago, Tommy Fresh said:

What's happening with Wright anyway? Whinge about no new signings but Dewsbury Hall was like one last year, so give the lad a chance 

i thought this. what would be the harm in having him involved and as a option off the bench in these early games. hes something different at least!

• Like 1

He is bemoaning a lack of wingers so why not promote Maswanhise, ideal opportunity to give him a debut and go back to the 4 at the back shape he craves or if he wants to stick to members of current squad go with the diamond in midfield, either way Brendan stop being a smacked arse in picking 3 at the back to try and prove a point to the board. 

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, Harpenden Fox said:

The issue being that the more defensively minded we load the team, the more goals we appear to concede 

That's my point. At home we should be taking the game to teams especially with the talent we do have.

I'd also like Rogers to play the system he wants us to play and make the players we have fit or look to our youth. 

If (and it's a big if). 3 atb is the reason we ship goals, I think we need to change back to 4-2-3-1 and make do and mend with our wide options.

My preference would be to bring Thomas in, shift Justin to RB and play Castagne wide right. 

Wide left is tricky.  I guess we only really have Kevin.

(No offence Kevin)

Tielemans can have a rest for this one.

Anyway:

Ward

Justin  Fofana   Evans   Thomas

Ndid    KDH

Castagne     Maddison    Albrighton

Vardy

As some other posters have smartly put on previous pages, the line up for this game has to be something like this.

Ward/Iversen 

Castagne - Fofana - Evans - Justin

Tielemans/Praet - Ndidi - KDH

Maddison

Iheanacho/Daka - Vardy

As I’ve just put on the Rodgers thread, 4-3-1-2 is the ideal formation for us whenever Barnes is out.

Stop with the negative three at the back bullshit.

Bench Amartey and get that extra attacker into the team.

• Like 4

Why speculate on the team, it will be the same as the first two games unless we have injuries.

It was unbelievable that the same team was selected at Arsenal & even more unbelievable that no subs were introduced until 60 minutes+. He has 9 on the bench but for whatever reason doesn't want to play any of them

1 minute ago, jmono84 said:

If he goes 3 atb again then I’ll be fully BR out, even if we get a positive result. It stifles everything about our game and if he can’t see how much of a disadvantage it puts us in then I’ve lost hope for him.

It can work as a formation, but we just don't have (or refuse to play) three centre backs who can play it, or the wide options up top to take pressure off the backline.

On 14/08/2022 at 08:15, Tommy Fresh said:

What's happening with Wright anyway? Whinge about no new signings but Dewsbury Hall was like one last year, so give the lad a chance 

I completely forgot about Wright! He looked good in pre-season, what's happened to him? Don't think I've seen him in any training pics either. Odd.

On 13/08/2022 at 18:01, Lako42 said:

Fans fighting amongst themselves today will be nothing compared to if we lose this. 

Worst its ever been. poor Brendan. its ok though once we start winning a few games on the bounce, theyl all be offering to give him a hand job and calling LCFC #MASSSSSIIVEEEE once again.

9 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Who has ever sacked a manager 3 games into a season? 

Bobby Robson sacked after 4 by Newcastle, De Boer after 4, Sturrock and Dalglish both after 2. 

Bobby Robson had much more of an affinity with Newcastle then we do with Rodgers so it's not out of the realms of possibility 

Edited by Tommy Fresh

12 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Who has ever sacked a manager 3 games into a season? 

He wont be sacked if we draw/lose this one, but with our fixtures we would likely be in the relegation zone come mid September, especially as all the promoted sides have already picked up points.

Edited by honeybradger

29 minutes ago, kingfox said:

As some other posters have smartly put on previous pages, the line up for this game has to be something like this.

Ward/Iversen 

Castagne - Fofana - Evans - Justin

Tielemans/Praet - Ndidi - KDH

Maddison

Iheanacho/Daka - Vardy

As I’ve just put on the Rodgers thread, 4-3-1-2 is the ideal formation for us whenever Barnes is out.

Stop with the negative three at the back bullshit.

Bench Amartey and get that extra attacker into the team.

It's absolutely shocking Rodgers insists playing 3 at the back. I can't understand what's happening. The team you posted either on 4-3-1-2 or 4-1-2-1-2 can rip apart teams like Southampton.