Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC vs Southampton - Pre-Match Thread

1 minute ago, pmcla26 said:

Fair enough. De Boer is the only 1 in recent history, though. 

Do you know how those sides went on to do after that? 

Di Canio was after 5 as well as a more recent example, also edited my post to state if Newcastle were willing to bin Robson then Rodgers is hardly untouchable. 

Newcastle finished 14th that season and then 7th the season after, Palace finished 11th after binning De Boer, Sunderland 14th after Di Canio, Southampton went down after Sturrock, Newcastle 13th after Dalglish.

7 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

He wont be sacked if we draw/lose this one, but with our fixtures we would likely be in the relegation zone come mid September, especially as all the promoted sides have already picked up points.

If he plays 3 at the back against Southampton you sack him in HT. Meanwhile in the first 45min a poll takes place inside the stadium. 90% of the fans choose 4-3-1-2 or diamond and we make the changes in HT. Let's make history again. 😬

Feels like a big match this.
I don’t expect Rodgers to be sacked if we lose but do feel the atmosphere turns toxic where it’s the only real outcome in the next couple of months.

Still expect us to win though, Saints are pretty woeful.

Ward

Castagne Fofana Evans Justin

Ndidi

Youri         KDH

Maddison

Kelechi         Vardy 

• Like 2

Make no mistake, anything other than 3 points and the pressure is on big time. Rodgers needs to start earning his corn and the team need to show some fight and desire that was sadly lacking on Saturday.

A draw or defeat and it's the beginning of the end I feel. Rodgers is a coach in my opinion who's great when things are going well but struggles to find the answers to problems when things aren't going so well.

I'm increasingly worried about this season and where we might end up. It's early days, but i don't see anything other than a big struggle to stay in the league.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

If he plays 3 at the back against Southampton you sack him in HT. Meanwhile in the first 45min a poll takes place inside the stadium. 90% of the fans choose 4-3-1-2 or diamond and we make the changes in HT. Let's make history again. 😬

Can I bring my F or C sign to vote to change our name back to Fosse again too? 

Just now, pmcla26 said:

A year before my first LCFC game, tbf. From what I've heard though, don't think that season ended up too great.... 

So you basically started watching us under Big Nige - what a great first manager to have.

I'm sorry that you missed out on seeing a prime Mark De Vries. This was one of the 3 games under Martin Allen :D

1 hour ago, Mapperleyfox said:

Make no mistake, anything other than 3 points and the pressure is on big time. Rodgers needs to start earning his corn and the team need to show some fight and desire that was sadly lacking on Saturday.

A draw or defeat and it's the beginning of the end I feel. Rodgers is a coach in my opinion who's great when things are going well but struggles to find the answers to problems when things aren't going so well.

I'm increasingly worried about this season and where we might end up. It's early days, but i don't see anything other than a big struggle to stay in the league.

He's soft, he's weak, his mentality is a losing one when anything goes wrong, and he makes us play as such when the situation isn't ideal. He's an idealist. We suffer bc of it

16 minutes ago, filbertway said:

So you basically started watching us under Big Nige - what a great first manager to have.

I'm sorry that you missed out on seeing a prime Mark De Vries. This was one of the 3 games under Martin Allen :D

As if De Vries had a prime 

• Haha 1

As much as i love Vardy for me these are the types of games i would like to see him on the bench and we go with Daka and Iheanacho. We will never progress without Vardy if we dont give more gametime to these 2. Iheanacho scored for fun couple of season ago during Vards injury then rather than build on the progress we stall his growth.

For me we are in the realms of Vards being super sub.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gamble92 said:

It's getting to the point where he has to see just how detrimental 3 centre backs are. 

We've conceded 6 in 2 matches. It's reducing our attacking threat and evidently not making us any more solid defensively. 

I, like many on here have questioned 3 CBs for the last 2 seasons. I think statistically we concede more with 3 CBs. We also don't have the players for 3 CBs, especially as we have 2 CBs that we  won't play. I'd sooner we go more attacking to take the play away from back line and take the pressure off but we never do so I've given up saying it.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, messerschmitt said:

I, like many on here have questioned 3 CBs for the last 2 seasons. I think statistically we concede more with 3 CBs. We also don't have the players for 3 CBs, especially as we have 2 CBs that we  won't play. I'd sooner we go more attacking to take the play away from back line and take the pressure off but we never do so I've given up saying it.

Only time I liked it was with Kelechi and Vardy up front but I think that was because of them 2 rather than what was happening at the back. Attack is the best form of defence as they say 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Gotta go 4 at the back. I’m losing interest completely.

Wardy

Casty  Evo Fofs JJ

Ndidiy

Tieley      KdHy

Madders

K-Man   Cunto

If Fofana and Soyuncu are off this week , they won't play . So who do you want Dan or Jannik?.

4 hours ago, murphy said:

If (and it's a big if). 3 atb is the reason we ship goals, I think we need to change back to 4-2-3-1 and make do and mend with our wide options.

My preference would be to bring Thomas in, shift Justin to RB and play Castagne wide right. 

Wide left is tricky.  I guess we only really have Kevin.

(No offence Kevin)

Tielemans can have a rest for this one.

Anyway:

Ward

Justin  Fofana   Evans   Thomas

Ndid    KDH

Castagne     Maddison    Albrighton

Vardy

.....I would go with a diamond and have two upfront!!!

With the way Southampton plays 4-2-2-2, we can get Maddison in his preferred role, Vardy, with Nacho for support, and Ndidi in his preferred position with Praet in as the other #8.

We do not have to shoehorn players due to a missing winger, our bloated squad can cater to such problems, without inventing roles for people who do not play those positions on a regular basis.

Ward

Castagne      Fofana    Evans    JJ

Wilf

Praet              KDH

Maddison

Nacho        Vardy

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling Error.
  • Like 4