Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unabomber

Rodgers in or out?

Rodgers in or out?   

656 members have voted

1. 1. In or Out?

8 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

I thought Marco Rose was known for playing 2 up front?

He did at Salzburg but at Monchengladbach he moved away from that and at all the clubs he's been at 3 at the back has seldom been used.

He did used to use a midfield diamond so without wingers that would perhaps be what he'd look to if he came here, but logically this squad as it is needs someone who has had success with that at a high level or someone who has with 3 at the back.

8 minutes ago, Scotch said:

Serious question, doesn't his comments worry you? 

Last week he blamed fatigue but only made one sub. 

This week, he blamed experience but we were actually the more experienced side...

His excuses and explanations don't track with what's actually happening. I would respect him far more if he atleast acknowledged the issues. 

Yes his comments worry me. He's always been a smarmy blame deflecting, preserving his own reputation above all esle in the media kinda manager. 

However his record in terms of games won and trophies won speaks for himself and personally would give him another 7/8 games and then reasses.

Edited by The whole world smiles

3 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

He’s had time sadly though mate, nothing is changing and we’re getting worse as time goes on. 

Few of us today were actively saying ‘why do we bother?’ today, were never really in the game and anytime we look like we can get close to being in it we just let it go again. 

Other than Rodgers which other manager in our modern history has gone away to arsenal and won or looked very competitive? 

• Like 1

I can't see Thomas Frank or Graham Potter leaving the two Bs behind at this point in time after the totally brilliant job both are still doing at their respective clubs. Coming here at this point in time would only be a backwards step for either of them now and arguably in the long term too - unless perhaps our prized assets stay in the shape of Tielemans. Maddison, Fofana and to an extent still of course Mr Leicester (Vardy)! A really tough call re whether it would be prudent to sack Rodgers after onmly two games. Maybe as some are saying in retrospect, he should have parted by something like a mutual agreement in the close season, complete with being paid in full for the remainder of his hefty contract. Too little too late now perhaps and maybe best to stick with him - unless we really are in the mire come November time before the World Cup. Maybe that will be the time of reckoning if not anytime soon in terms of a few weeks from now.  

4 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Other than Rodgers which other manager in our modern history has gone away to arsenal and won or looked very competitive? 

Not one person in the entire world wants him gone just because of today's result. 

How anyone can make that a thing is beyond me. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

If you want to extrapolate it beyond today then surely you have to take on board the positives as well as the negatives. 

Absolutely. Taking his whole tenure here into account there have been some unbelievable highs and some major collapses. The FA Cup win is the 2nd best day of my Leicester supporting life and I'll always be grateful for that. Part of me wants him to leave for that reason as I don't want him to completely tarnish his reputation here. Ultimately I just don't see any longevity in him staying here and I feel the place needs a fresh voice

Edited by foxfanazer
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Not just about today though is it? Been to most aways for the past 12 months and I’ve seen about 3 good performances. 

Pearson did ok there aswell although we lost in 2015. 

5 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Absolutely. Taking his whole tenure here that have been some unbelievable highs and some major collapses. The FA Cup win is the 2nd best day of my Leicester supporting life and I'll always be grateful for that. Part of me wants him to leave for that reason as I don't want him to completely tarnish his reputation here. Ultimately I just don't see any longevity in him staying here and I feel the place needs a fresh voice

Fair enough in not a million miles from having similar thoughts but  my opinion is give him a few more games baring in mind how expensive it would be to sack him and much he's achieved and how much better he is on paper than his potential replacement. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

Well I'm one of them, because I can't for the life of me see how sacking Brendan and bringing a new unknown into the equation (who won't be able to make any signings by the way), will change our situation.

Yeah maybe we get a new manager bounce for about 2.5 games, but after that we're back in the same spot of underperforming players not having to fear anything because it's simply impossible for them to lose their spot

because they will more than likely play a different style, formation and get the players motivated enough to go out there a perform for 90minutes.

Out for me and have been, based on his league performances, for so long I have forgotten when.

The end will come by Christmas but it’s a pity it has been dragged out by the club when it’s been obvious to a majority for such a long time.

3 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Not just about today though is it? Been to most aways for the past 12 months and I’ve seen about 3 good performances. 

Pearson did ok there aswell although we lost in 2015. 

Obviously it's not about just about today and as I've said to others if you want to extrapolate it beyond today then you have to take take on board the good if you've been watching us away for 12 months then you would have seen us v rennes and psv which were absolutely epic playing in a European campaign that he helped us qualify for. Look I'm not in the Rodgers is completely the answer and should never be sacked camp I'm in the keep cool and see where we are in a month or two camp! 

2 minutes ago, LestaAl said:

Out for me and have been, based on his league performances, for so long I have forgotten when.

The end will come by Christmas but it’s a pity it has been dragged out by the club when it’s been obvious to a majority for such a long time.

Just feels like another wasted season. We should've got rid at the back end of last season and given the new manager time to assess the squad

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Guy said:

I can't see Thomas Frank or Graham Potter leaving the two Bs behind at this point in time after the totally brilliant job both are still doing at their respective clubs. Coming here at this point in time would only be a backwards step for either of them now and arguably in the long term too - unless perhaps our prized assets stay in the shape of Tielemans. Maddison, Fofana and to an extent still of course Mr Leicester (Vardy)! A really tough call re whether it would be prudent to sack Rodgers after onmly two games. Maybe as some are saying in retrospect, he should have parted by something like a mutual agreement in the close season, complete with being paid in full for the remainder of his hefty contract. Too little too late now perhaps and maybe best to stick with him - unless we really are in the mire come November time before the World Cup. Maybe that will be the time of reckoning if not anytime soon in terms of a few weeks from now.  

I wouldn't want Thomas Frank anywhere near our club. The guy us utterly hideous! 

• Like 1

Just now, foxfanazer said:

Gotta take exception with this mate. We was only in that competition because we bombed out of the group stages of a competition we were the bookies joint favourites to win. I struggle to give much credit for that personally 

How long have you been following city how many times have you seen them in Europe? 

I've been following city 32 years I've seen them in Europe 5 seasons brendan was in charge and responsible for 40 percent of them. 

I went to naples it was a complete shit show but I still have to give brendan some credit for getting us there and what came after! 

3 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

How long have you been following city how many times have you seen them in Europe? 

I've been following city 32 years I've seen them in Europe 5 seasons brendan was in charge and responsible for 40 percent of them. 

I went to naples it was a complete shit show but I still have to give brendan some credit for getting us there and what came after! 

We’re a completely different club now though, 5th highest wage bill in the league, huge spend on training ground etc. 

• Like 1