Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unabomber

Rodgers in or out?

Rodgers in or out?   

656 members have voted

1. 1. In or Out?

Feels like the club is in limbo. I don't think the club want to keep Rodgers but they also don't want the financial burden of paying him off. I kind of feel the lack of transfer business (yes we all know the apparent reasons why) is a way of forcing him out but I don't think he'll resign as he'd rather get a pay off. Realistically, no club bigger than us will be coming for him anytime soon, so we have to hope he can turn things around or risk the financial burden of sacking him. Catch 22 situation for the club and if we did sack him, that straight away eats into any transfer/wage budget for our next manager. 

The moment a manager loses respect for a fan base, the board and the players, it’s not worth continuing for a minute more. This is a man who watches carefully every single word he says about another club. Every single word is glowing with respect, admiration and understanding of the fan base and culture. 

His words to us are usually condescending, disrespectful and flippant. We lacked experience today. Really ?

it’s time to go. 

Edited by Mickyblueeyes
  • Like 4

Mistakes from Ward and Amartey and perhaps Praet were our undoing. Although any hypothesis is pretty worthless. 

Arsenal are a great team and on what I saw of Brentford last week and today they are no slouches. Couple that with the fact that Ward and Praet have had next to zero premier experience in the last few years, they get a pass from me. However, for the cheese-eater to lay the blame on inexperience is inexcusable. He is responsible, no-one else.

Jog on Brendan

• Like 1

The only managers we will be able to attract a will be a relegation scrap manager, rather than an attractive and progressive football manager. Who would join a club in our state of flux at the moment? Brendan Rodgers objectively is one of the most successful managers we have had. 

Quite clear the state of the squad is not great at the moment. The club are unable to make changes. Are the problems mainly tactical? No. The whole team is unsettled because of transfer speculation, it’s very unhelpful. Will a change of direction help? Maybe, but longer term I really worry where we are heading.

Edited by FoxTrott

14 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

We're a different club nowadays though. If we'd have stayed in our box then the title win  and champions league run never would've happened. We've repeatedly blown massive chances to take the club on further and as a result we find ourselves lowering our expectations every season.

To answer your initial question I'm 33 so 25+ years. Of course we're in much better shape that most of my time supporting us but that doesn't mean we can't aspire to be more

Pin this comment somewhere when people talk about expectations. It's not about us feeling entitled to finish in the top 6/7 but the club has had a huge opportunity to close the gap to the 'big 6' largely down to Rodgers but has then failed, also largely down to Rodgers (even more so).

Edited by dmayne7
  • Thanks 1

Just now, The whole world smiles said:

I'm essentially having the same argument with both of you.  I guess the difference between us is I give more Rodgers more credit for the 2 5th place finishes and fa cup win than you do.  

In my opinion Brendan took what was on paper probably the 8th best squad in the league (I think we was about 15th when he took over) and got us finishing 5th 5th and 8th and won the FA cup and charity Shield. 

I see his time here as mainly positive, and thus based on that and as I mentioned how expensive it would be to replace him am fairly relaxed about him having a few more weeks. You see it different and I respect that and wouldn't be completely deverstated if he got the sack. I was asked to justify the brendan in argument and hopefully I've done that. I am broadly in the Rodgers in camp but theres clearly some issues with him. 

I respect your point of view too. Don't think we're miles apart with our opinions in all honesty. And as previously stated the FA cup win is a huge thing for me but I already feel he's benefited from that credit

• Like 2

Brendan cannot generate a strong defence . It really is as simple as that. Whereas most managers build a team and squad on a solid defence - he is incapable of creating that. It was the same at  Liverpool and it’s the same now. Brendan would not sign Huth, Coady, Tarkowski - defenders who love clean sheets and defending, 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, smudgerfox said:

Brendan cannot generate a strong defence . It really is as simple as that. Whereas most managers build a team and squad on a solid defence - he is incapable of creating that. It was the same at  Liverpool and it’s the same now. Brendan would not sign Huth, Coady, Tarkowski - defenders who love clean sheets and defending, 

What about Vestegaard :brendan_still:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

Pin this comment somewhere we people talk about expectations. It's not about us feeling entitled to finish in the top 6/7 but the club has had a huge opportunity to close the gap to the 'big 6' largely down to Rodgers but has then failed, also largely down to Rodgers (even more so)

Do you think any other managers would achieve this?

the margins in football are so fine. A few draws to a few wins, that’s all it takes. If you look at why we haven’t achieved top 4 in the previous two seasons, it was because we simply didn’t have the squad depth compared to the other teams. Last season we were totally exposed by loads of injuries. Blindly blaming BR is very easy to do, but outside of our micro perspective as Leicester fans, most clubs outside the top 6 would take him. 

1 minute ago, Tielemans63 said:

If they are going to stick with him, at least bring in a winger or two to give us a different dimension. Mental that this hasn't been addressed when it's been an issue for at least 3 ****ing years.

It's nothing short of negligence to be honest

36 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Just feels like another wasted season. We should've got rid at the back end of last season and given the new manager time to assess the squad

You mean when we were still competing in Europe and had an outside chance of Europe through the league for the 3rd consecutive season?

Edited by lanefox

7 minutes ago, Silverfox14 said:

Pochettino might be interesting alternative?

Half of our squad wants to leave for big 6 clubs, the other half are deadwood who won’t leave. Why on Earth would Poch want to join Leicester now? Maybe a season or two ago.

5 minutes ago, lanefox said:

You mean when we were still competing in Europe and had an outside chance of Europe through the league for the 3rd consecutive season?

An outside chance lol

After Everton beat us we was 5 points clear of them unless I'm mistaken. The when the pressure was off we beat some fodder to paper over the cracks. Oh and I've already made my thoughts on our European campaign quite clear 

5 minutes ago, Silverfox14 said:

Pochettino might be interesting alternative?

We need to be realistic here man. 

Even if we could to afford to pay off Rodgers AND bring in Poch, I feel that convincing him to come here to try and coax Jannik fvcking Vestergaard to fvck off to Fulham so that he can maybe, if he's lucky sign a winger from Blackpool would be a he'll of a hard sell.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Guy said:

In what way? - his hairstyle?? 

No the way he conducts himself. Always bitching and moaning everytime his team doesn't win and always has excuses. I know alot of managers can be like this but I just find his interviews intolerable and think he behaves like a total cnut. 

Edited by jayfox26