Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unabomber

Rodgers in or out?

Rodgers in or out?   

656 members have voted

1. 1. In or Out?

38 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

Pochettino won't come here with our current restrictions on investing in the squad. He would certainly be my choice, but sadly wont happen. I could see the board going for Benitez, who they seem to have had a long term interest in, even though his football is dire, and his stock has fallen given what he churned out at Everton. The fact that he worked for Mike Ashley at Newcastle with no money, suggests he would be willing to take the job, as long as his wage was big enough, and his willingness to do a Job without much investment may also be seen as a plus point for the board.  Failing that, then the only other manager I can see us going for is Sean Dyche.    Neither Benitez or Dyche would be my choice,  but it may well be the market we are in now. 

What’s to say the restrictions are only imposed on Brendan though because of the players he has signed?

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

What’s to say the restrictions are only imposed on Brendan though because of the players he has signed?

I’d take dyche. Yes has his negatives (football hipsters) but you know the team would be defensively well drilled, would fight for every 50/50 and would score a goal with one pass if possible rather than needing to think every goal needs 50 pass build up. We can’t compete playing pep ball with the top 4 but with our squad and sensible recruitment we can challenge being the underdog. Our fan base needs blood and thunder football to push the team on. 

• Like 3

I haven’t voted but for the first time I’m edging towards out. I still have no idea who we could get/who would come to us at the minute. 

I made no attempt to listen or watch yesterday’s game. I just felt there was just an inevitability about the result. I don’t expect Southampton next week to be pretty, we might get the win but it will be a grind. 

Something has to change, the team, the manager, the style of play. 

9 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

The moment a manager loses respect for a fan base, the board and the players, it’s not worth continuing for a minute more. This is a man who watches carefully every single word he says about another club. Every single word is glowing with respect, admiration and understanding of the fan base and culture. 

His words to us are usually condescending, disrespectful and flippant. We lacked experience today. Really ?

it’s time to go. 

This is what pisses me off as well, talking about Brentford he calls them fantastic, a great club etc. Had to work hard to go 2-0 up etc.

When he speaks about OUR club it's we were relagation candidates before he arrived, we expect too much etc.

Gonna get to the point soon where I'm gonna bin away days until he goes. I know it's not all about the results, but the chances of us winning away from home are slim, end up spending £100+ to be pissed off and wish I hadn't bothered.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, kristianity77 said:

Nonsense.  That guy is 2 games in to his tenure.  Let's see where they are in 10 games time.  They will be streets above us in the table. 

I agree the way we have started we just need a few injuries to key players and we will be struggling and can’t afford to buy anyone unlike money bags United 

39 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

This is what pisses me off as well, talking about Brentford he calls them fantastic, a great club etc. Had to work hard to go 2-0 up etc.

When he speaks about OUR club it's we were relagation candidates before he arrived, we expect too much etc.

Gonna get to the point soon where I'm gonna bin away days until he goes. I know it's not all about the results, but the chances of us winning away from home are slim, end up spending £100+ to be pissed off and wish I hadn't bothered.

Who cares what he thinks our expectations should be? For me, it's qualify for Europe or get lost Brendan, I will not lower my expectations. 

4 minutes ago, 4everfox said:

Who cares what he thinks our expectations should be? For me, it's qualify for Europe or get lost Brendan, I will not lower my expectations. 

It isn't for the manager to impose his own expectations of team performance levels on to the fans, the manager should be working to impose his own expectations of performance levels upon the team and Brendan's expectations for this team should be a great deal higher than they obviously currently are.

38 minutes ago, Ricey said:

It’s just all very reminiscent of Puel’s last season. There is an air of inevitability about it all.

The fire has gone out of everyone, especially the players. That doesn’t just effect work rate, it also effects concentration as well and we are seeing the effects of that getting worse and worse as time goes on.

I really hoped it wasn’t going to turn toxic with Rodgers, but it looks like it might.

It turns toxic with any manager left in position past their sell by date. Shame though as he has done some good at the club early on. I still think he’s a fraud though and his tenures at clubs will always be like this. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

Yesterday was the first time I changed my mind. Something needs to change quickly.

The same for me.

The club didn't get the refresh it desperately needs in terms of new signings so maybe a new manager could have a similar effect.

My only worry is we won't get a manager at Rodgers' level. There aren't any available now, only Marco Rose comes close and he would be the one to go for if Rodgers does go.

• Like 2

I’m fed up of this crap one up front too, Nacho and Daka need to be starting.

4-3-3

our wingers are crap or injured so why bother?

Iver

JJ

Fofana

Evans

Timmy

KDH

Ndidi

Maddison

Daka

Vardy
Nacho

id even prefer us to try sitting Perez behind Daka & Nacho (still as a front three) and drop vardy for a bit. The guys a legend but contributes nothing, especially when he’s on his own up top.

fed up of defensive sideways crap, we are no longer fearless and we give far too much respect to teams that frankly, we should be dominating. 

Edited by SheppyFox
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

The same for me.

The club didn't get the refresh it desperately needs in terms of new signings so maybe a new manager could have a similar effect.

My only worry is we won't get a manager at Rodgers' level. There aren't any available now, only Marco Rose comes close and he would be the one to go for if Rodgers does go.

Define Rodgers level? Won trophies? Managed in the premier league?

34 minutes ago, Ricey said:

The fire has gone out of everyone, especially the players. That doesn’t just effect work rate, it also effects concentration as well and we are seeing the effects of that getting worse and worse as time goes on.

I also believe it's this simple, if everyone isn't pulling in the same direction then you're done for. An unhappy (justifyably or not!) manager with no money to spend can only lead to one conclusion. 

2 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

A manager good enough to take a club like us from mid table to top 6 and trophies.

Judging by premier league win percentages: Pochettino would be a good option.

yes he hasn’t won any trophies in his time in England but he’s similar ilk to Rodgers. 

Personally I would love Mancini here, but he’s not leaving Italy for us.

12 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Judging by premier league win percentages: Pochettino would be a good option.

yes he hasn’t won any trophies in his time in England but he’s similar ilk to Rodgers. 

Personally I would love Mancini here, but he’s not leaving Italy for us.

5 minutes ago, 4everfox said:

Unai Emery

Marco Rose

Pochettino and Emery are not coming to Leicester.