Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unabomber

Rodgers in or out?

Rodgers in or out?   

656 members have voted

1. 1. In or Out?

Thomas Frank for me, has premier league experience, plays good football, is adaptive in his tactics and works with a recruitment model very similar to what we have used in the past. I think he would be the perfect fit for us and we would be the next step up for him. As I understand it his contract expires at the end of season and he is on 1.5m a year so a double your money offer would still be a saving of 7m a year on Brendan. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

This is what pisses me off as well, talking about Brentford he calls them fantastic, a great club etc. Had to work hard to go 2-0 up etc.

When he speaks about OUR club it's we were relagation candidates before he arrived, we expect too much etc.

Gonna get to the point soon where I'm gonna bin away days until he goes. I know it's not all about the results, but the chances of us winning away from home are slim, end up spending £100+ to be pissed off and wish I hadn't bothered.

He has the media in the palm of his hand!!! Bang on about how hard done by he his and how great everyone else is and drive a narrative that 2-2 Brentford is a great result thanks to him!!!

in reality it’s a Shite result thanks to his terrible tactics and woeful use of subs. Charlatan!!!!!!!

5 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Thomas Frank for me, has premier league experience, plays good football, is adaptive in his tactics and works with a recruitment model very similar to what we have used in the past. I think he would be the perfect fit for us and we would be the next step up for him. As I understand it his contract expires at the end of season and he is on 1.5m a year so a double your money offer would still be a saving of 7m a year on Brendan. 

Not for me it’s too much about Thomas Frank (a bit like Brendan)

I want Dyche!!! He has always wanted it and will bring back fight and respect 

Edited by Cincinnati Fox
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

I don’t see things improving in the medium to long term with him.

We played some amazing football. We saw some fantastic man management. We won the FA cup.

But I don’t see those days coming back under Rodgers. It’s  best we both parted ways.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

I don’t see things improving in the medium to long term with him.

We played some amazing football. We saw some fantastic man management. We won the FA cup.

But I don’t see those days coming back under Rodgers. It’s  best we both parted ways.

He has checked out!! Just wants the sack and pay off!!

• Like 2

We've got bit of an uncertainty surrounding the club at the moment.

BR's situation 

Transfers out 

Transfers in

The club's financial position and the their transfer policy

And the many other situation, we know jack about what's going on at the moment.

I'm a bit concern about the lack of transparency at the club nowadays.

Edited by kiwiturk
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Genuinely been thinking for a while that Frank could be a great appointment. He gets Brentford playing some really good football. They are creative with their set pieces and give most teams a good game. 

I'd like to think he would relish the opportunity of working with some of the players that we have within our squad. 

• Like 1

I'm a long-term advocate of going after Frank (on the record) but I think we've reached the point where he wouldn't leave Brentford for us.

I feel like a caretaker appointment makes more sense, because we'll be able to appeal to a higher caliber of prospect if we do some triage.  Get the rot under control, get out from under some of the salary issues, promise the new guy a fresh start with an aggressive focus on going after young talent again.

3 hours ago, Dames said:

Games cant be taken in isolation anymore, the same mistakes happened against Brentford as they did against Arsenal. The same mistakes that were happening last season and towards the end of the season before that too. 

As for credible alternative thats a load of rubbish too, its a lazy default defence.

Potter would be a good alternative and looks ready for the step up now, Arnie Slot has been mentioned, Pochettino if we were feeling really ambitious and were willing to put hands in our pockets. 

But i imagine as with a lot of Rodgers biggest defenders theres always an excuse to rubbish a potential alternative. 

It also doesn't wash because if we were successful and the big clubs were sniffing around him, would we really expect the club not to have identified any succession options? Like sure, the difference here is that rather than getting the release fee as compensation, we're paying it, but if we were to say 7th is a realistic aim with this squad, which I think it is, where do we think Rodgers will have us finish? I'm thinking 14th/15th at the moment? The prize money difference is 15-17m for that difference, sacking him would pay for itself anyway.

28 minutes ago, Phenom said:

You want us in the Championship?

I think we could do worse than Dyche. He kept Burnley in the Premier League for years on a shoestring budget, even got them into Europe. He basically achieved the same as Eddie Howe did with Bournemouth. Certainly not a bad manager, and one I could definitely see us going for. 

1 minute ago, 4everfox said:

I think we could do worse than Dyche. He kept Burnley in the Premier League for years on a shoestring budget, even got them into Europe. He basically achieved the same as Eddie Howe did with Bournemouth. Certainly not a bad manager, and one I could definitely see us going for. 

I'd rather keep BR tbh.