Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unabomber

Rodgers in or out?

Rodgers in or out?   

656 members have voted

1. 1. In or Out?

Strange. I voted in, even though i had voted out most of the 2nd half of last season.  I don't think we should be getting rid after 2 games in a season. I thought we were looking ok in pre-season. We were great for a lot of the Brentford game but drawing really pissed me off. Never expected much from the Arsenal game, and the silly errors were very frustrating. We are still scoring at least.  I'll give him a few more games before turning on him this season. Southampton is a must win, and appreciate there are a few tough games after that. Got to get some results following a Southampton win to stay imo. 

He is a parody of himself though. Loved the Brent or Brendan game. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

We were great for a lot of the Brentford game but drawing really pissed me off.

Ditto. I mean really pissed me off. I've heard it described as a tactical error but I find it difficult to accept it was simply that. Still niggles me.

8 hours ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

What about when Holloway took us down to League One? This is what I mean about a lack of perspective.

I'm talking about the overall performances particularly the defensive aspect.

Obviously that lead to the lowest point in our history so can't argue with that. That team shouldn't have gone down but lacked the right balance and simply didn't score enough goals. But no way were they as shambolic defensively as this team, despite having inferior players (even though there was a very good championship defence). They conceded the second fewest goals in the league I think so it was clearly scoring goals that held them back. Of course the quality of attacking play would be inferior to our current team but even in relative terms, that 2007/08 team had less quality vs their opponents than this current team did, so wouldn't have had the tools to hurt the opposition like we do now.

Also this was 15 years ago and the club is in a completely different place, so ridiculous to hold onto that. I've not lost sight of that but you seem to want to take the context out of the situation. Attacking wise, the football was pretty dire and most would agree it was boring to watch last year, just lucky we had the likes of Barnes, Maddison, Vardy, Iheanacho, Daka, Lookman to bail us out. But defensively, with the quality of those individuals, the organisation was beyond embarrassing at time. Simple passes through the middle of the pitch cutting us open. Players have to take responsibility of course but the manager even more so when it's clearly a question of organisation.

We're in the best period of our history but we're also in a period where we could be underachieving vs the quality of players we have, more than any other time in history.

• Like 1