Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unabomber

Rodgers in or out?

Rodgers in or out?   

656 members have voted

1. 1. In or Out?

2 minutes ago, Cincinnati Fox said:

All I ask is the team and manage give 100% and I don’t believe that is the case currently. Brendan does not respect the club or it’s fans and wants out (but only with a pay off)

Football is a lot of peoples outlet/ escape from day to day life and whilst in itself not life and death, if you’re outlet is letting you down/not giving you hope there is no escape for some.

Love to know how you get to this scenario....Are you the Angel of forboding, or leading the Horses of the Apocolypse....

Carry on reading this self-serving Slapstick-soap-opera Portrayed over this forum.....will have the whole of Leicester being certified before EOS...

To anybody interested.....Lets.    T a l k  &  d i s c u s s.   Football again..!!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

We have many Bill Shankly clones...

It's not life and death f f s.... .

Its worse than that...

Started '58', But Feel the same as you..got far Too toxic in These last couple of years, Ruining normally a Good forum,to have a Football chin-wag..

One pathetic theme.....and it grinds on & in & on....

Forgive them,for they know not what they do....

I Really Dont know.....But I Hope the Silent majority runs into & over the 20k, and the Posters gnawing on the same bone, are a few thousands,even 5-7k..:dunno:

Well said 👍

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Cincinnati Fox said:

All I ask is the team and manage give 100% and I don’t believe that is the case currently. Brendan does not respect the club or it’s fans and wants out (but only with a pay off)

Football is a lot of peoples outlet/ escape from day to day life and whilst in itself not life and death, if you’re outlet is letting you down/not giving you hope there is no escape for some.

I understand but in my 70+ years have found that best not let the vagaries of life get you down ✌

• Like 2

On 13/08/2022 at 17:47, The whole world smiles said:

Other than Rodgers which other manager in our modern history has gone away to arsenal and won or looked very competitive? 

Remember the 4-3 game in 2017 with Shakespeare in charge away to Arsenal as a season opener where we concede 2 in the final 10 minutes to lose? 

I’m out for the first time. 

I dislike the exaggeration he gets because he’s overall done a good job. I firmly believe in giving managers time and he had mitigating factors last season. However in the last three weeks we’ve seen the continued errors despite a full pre season 1) injuries 2) baffling tactics 3) set pieces being a mess 

Theres a decent enough team amongst our squad that doesn’t need reinventing the wheel 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dames said:

Its got to be the first one he isn't ahead. I think a lot of people have underestimated how unhappy the lack of transfers has made people.

Which, I reckon, is ridiculous - that’s the board’s decision.

Those like me who were calling for him to be gone last season for the style of play, signings, squad mental fortitude, & defence, at least are directing our angst at the man responsible.

9 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

I'd love to know what % of the Rodgers In camp actually like him. 

Not that it's relevant to his abilities as a football manager, I just think he's so clearly a snake who'd do anything to protect his own image in the media. 

Its not relevant at all.  However, he is like every management consultant i have ever met. Slimy, self centered but slick and works well with senior management. Most management consultants i have worked with have created more problems than they solved.

On 14/08/2022 at 12:03, pmcla26 said:

Thomas Frank and Dyche hahahaha 

I'm not sure Thomas Frank can be sniggered at. Brentford finished 13th in their first season in the premier league and they did so with a very modest budget. Far from the worst suggestion I've seen. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I’m out for the first time. 

I dislike the exaggeration he gets because he’s overall done a good job. I firmly believe in giving managers time and he had mitigating factors last season. However in the last three weeks we’ve seen the continued errors despite a full pre season 1) injuries 2) baffling tactics 3) set pieces being a mess 

Theres a decent enough team amongst our squad that doesn’t need reinventing the wheel 

Well put. This is how I feel too. 

20 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

If he has a few more seasons of success in the PL then okay, but he's still relatively unproven in comparison to someone like Rodgers who has done it for the last 10 years at the top level. 

Rodgers was an up and coming manager when Liverpool took a chance on him. It is clear that Frank possesses some very good qualities.

Is Frank a better manager than Rodgers? That remains to be seen. However, that's not really the point, the best manager is the one who is best suited to your current situation. Many people who would like to see a change of manager don't think that Rodgers is by any means a bad manager, they just think that the current situation is stale and they would like to see a change. I have absolutely no doubt that when Rodgers does leave us, he will go on and do well elsewhere, at least for the first couple of years. 

• Like 1

Its such a tough one, as much as I want Rodgers to succeed but he just constantly makes poor decisions. 

Wrong formations 

Wrong starting XI's 

I think its pure arrogance, he just is soooo stubborn and wont change tactics midgame when its obviously its not working, too negative and the start of the games. we are beaten most weeks before we even kick a ball. A manager that has more passion and fight and shows some balls is what we need right now. I dont think we are gonna get it from rodgers, just the same old pass side to side 5 ATB with the 'attacking' full backs hardly getting a kick out of our final 3rd. just sick of it now. I dont see an end to this. We need signings, multiple. Start games with attacking intent, and to be more tougher as a team, we are far too soft. 

Edited by StarkFox

6 hours ago, StarkFox said:

Its such a tough one, as much as I want Rodgers to succeed but he just constantly makes poor decisions. 

Wrong formations 

Wrong starting XI's 

I think its pure arrogance, he just is soooo stubborn and wont change tactics midgame when its obviously its not working, too negative and the start of the games. we are beaten most weeks before we even kick a ball. A manager that has more passion and fight and shows some balls is what we need right now. I dont think we are gonna get it from rodgers, just the same old pass side to side 5 ATB with the 'attacking' full backs hardly getting a kick out of our final 3rd. just sick of it now. I dont see an end to this. We need signings, multiple. Start games with attacking intent, and to be more tougher as a team, we are far too soft. 

It's almost like he has his system, and if he has players of the quality he's asking for it'll win on average.

He blames the lack of quality for losing, but won't flex his system to accommodate the individuals at his disposal, strengths and weaknesses.

This is why he'll freeze out quality players, and why he won't make big changes when it's not going his way. It's also why he's seemingly satisfied to lose a game against what he considers to be a more quality side.

He doesn't have the tactical cut and thrust to overcome a superior side - you play Rodgers ball, and if you don't have the 'right' players you'll get to a level and then it's unreasonable to expect anything more.

If you don't win, it's because you're not good enough for the system - not because he doesn't have the chops to play to the strengths you do have.

He's like the anti-Ranieri.

Edited by Bourbon Fox
  • Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
On 13/08/2022 at 18:23, StanSP said:

Out because it's hard to defend him these days. Throughout last season I could give him benefit of the doubt (up to the Forest game). I've been not bothered if he stays or goes since then.

Last week's fail, the comments after today's game. A lack of insight and direction as to how it will get any better. Even if we do beat Southampton, I can't see the consistency or momentum coming from anywhere.

We've lost our spark and while he may not be fully culpable for it, he has to bear the brunt of that responsibility and the fact that we have. 

Maybe the 'refresh' we need is a new manager...

@Miquel The Work Geordie hope this clears some things up.

If any clarity needed, my stance was after the Forest game that I didn't care if he was sacked, I'd have no sympathy for him. 

But yeah, show me where you think I've said I've backed him since the Forest game and I'll happily hold my hands up and say I was wrong. 

But in any case, thanks for letting me know how I felt since Feb, even if you are incorrect lol