Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unabomber

Rodgers in or out?

Rodgers in or out?   

656 members have voted

1. 1. In or Out?

13 minutes ago, Deano79 said:

We can’t afford to sack him !! 

This!

We need to sell players before we can buy, so what makes people think we can afford to pay Rodgers off? Don't get me wrong, I think it's time for a change and have done for a while...but yeah, we can't afford to sack him so we're stuck with him, unfortunately.

Edited by fleshdaddy
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

I have no idea what the best idea is, for me it would depend on if we have a good replacement in mind.

The way I see it is, could anyone realistically, do any worse.  You don't hold on to an employee because you aren't sure if there is anyone better available than what you have that is destroying the club to its core.

Just now, kristianity77 said:

The way I see it is, could anyone realistically, do any worse.  You don't hold on to an employee because you aren't sure if there is anyone better available than what you have that is destroying the club to its core.

Yes, just look at Man U.

15 minutes ago, Deano79 said:

We can’t afford to sack him !! 

Managerial contracts have a sack clause that stipulates the sum payable - he does not get the full balance. It is less than a year’s salary, precise term negotiated on signing. 

• Like 3

Guest foxestalkisfullofidiots

We would have to do what Spurs did to Poch, put him on gardening leave and just wait for someone to come in for him, no way could we pay up his contract

3 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Managerial contracts have a sack clause that stipulates the sum payable - he does not get the full balance. It is less than a year’s salary, precise term negotiated on signing. 

Are we sure theres even one in Rodgers contract? The way the club has dropped the ball with contracts in recent years it wouldnt surprise me if they left this out as a way of keeping Rodgers around.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

anyone voting in and you explain why? Not being a dick just genuinely interested to hear the other side.

I genuinely think we can't afford to sack him AND pay to get in a good enough replacement. 

We'll bumble through this season, not getting top 4, but not getting relegated, and I'm fine with that. Not every season will be incredible, long term stability financially is worth wayyyy more than a rash sacking and bring in a stop gap manager.

• Like 1

My position in Rodgers has been that it was probably best that we parted ways but understood we'd have to be in serious bother at the bottom of the whole squad being in revolt before change is made. I get that the club don't want pay out unless they have to and he had credit in the bank.

Now, though, it feels we've reached the end. Same old mistakes, bizarre comments, odd selections and this overblown lack of signings issue when we have a decent squad.

He's done well but I just see us limping on now unless he changes approach which I can't see.

1 minute ago, Dames said:

Are we sure theres even one in Rodgers contract? The way the club has dropped the ball with contracts in recent years it wouldnt surprise me if they left this out as a way of keeping Rodgers around.

No idea, eh. Only those privy to the contract will. My bigger fear is that they won’t have begun succession planning.