Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unabomber

Rodgers in or out?

Rodgers in or out?   

656 members have voted

1. 1. In or Out?

Just now, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

Why? Our recent success has come from him and his team he built, and the foundations in the backrooms....

Exactly. Some fans have no clue and like to create scapegoats without any understanding of how a club is run

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TK95 said:

In because what's the point at this stage when we can't sign anyone

Then questions need asking of the club because we either sacked him at the end of last season or we backed him this summer, we chose to do neither.

• Like 4

I remember when Brendan’s car was first parked outside the ground, shortly before his appointment was confirmed (I think.) There was such a buzz about the place. I thought he was great and wanted him to stay for years and years, becoming our own Ferguson. How wrong I was!

Apologies for not remembering who suggested it, but gardening leave is surely the quickest way to deal with the situation… I am convinced we will play better without him. 

I'll take the long view and say in. 8th last year and a decent run in Europe in an injury-riddled season is more than acceptable. We're two games in, games we've played well in large parts and should have come away with more from, things don't seem terrible performance-wise, overall. Fans are so fickle and opinions change after every game, I wouldn't particularly trust their opinion in a world where their views are so easily swayed by media and clickbaity attention-seeking articles. I would give him at least until Xmas and see where we are then.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Definitely feel the owners / board were hopping he walked

I agree and i'm still pinning my hopes on a "Mutual Agreement".

Someone quite rightly pointing out this is also known as being sacked, but in our situation I truly believe it would be a mutual agreement, I think it's coming to a head where the club don't want him and he doesn't want to be here, it's also denting his ego and reputation. 

I don't see him walking (Rightly or wrongly why should he, he's entitled to a pay out) but I do see a situation where we pay him off but they both come to an agreement where we don't pay him his full entitlement.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

Still "in" for me but right now only because there doesn't seem to be anyone available who could take us forward. A change of manager should happen in the closed season on order to allow time to evaluate players and be active in the transfer window before the league starts. Huge respect for what he has done WRT the cup competitions and our run's in Europe and he's kept us in the top ten in the PL whilst he's been here but things do seem to have stalled in the last 12 months. Maybe his ideas were revolutionary in the first 2 seasons in charge but it does seem he has run out of ideas. I can only compare to what he achieved at Liverpool and Celtic and recall how it ended for him at those clubs.

Seems we're on the same trajectory here.

• Like 1

Over 80% out. Absolutely bonkers with no perspective whatsoever. I understand the frustration, but come on… we’ve just lost to a good Arsenal team.

It’s not perfect and there are certainly areas to improve and address, but be careful for what you wish for…

And btw he won’t leave on this current contract, and I can’t see us paying it up.

Edited by Wasyls Pec Deck
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, CalH said:

I remember when Brendan’s car was first parked outside the ground, shortly before his appointment was confirmed (I think.) There was such a buzz about the place. I thought he was great and wanted him to stay for years and years, becoming our own Ferguson. How wrong I was!

Apologies for not remembering who suggested it, but gardening leave is surely the quickest way to deal with the situation… I am convinced we will play better without him. 

And how can we afford to pay him gardening leave AND get a manager of equal or better quality who will want equal or greater pay? 

We cannot

• Like 1

Guest nathan.
3 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Over 80% out. Absolutely bonkers with no perspective whatsoever. I understand the frustration, but come on… we’ve just lost to a good Arsenal team.

It’s not perfect and there are certainly areas to improve and address, but be careful for what you wish for…

And btw he won’t leave on this current contract, and I can’t see us paying it up.

If he stays we risk relegation.

In all honesty we probably need a serious  refresh in several areas of the day to day running of the Club.   Removing Rogers and his team may not be enough to get us moving in the right direction.  If Rudkin is not culpable for any thing. then what does he do? Genuine question.

Guest Kopfkino

I really don’t care. This group of players **** me off too much. I think Rodgers has got them about where they are at the moment, a new manager might give a bounce but still the squad needs an overhaul.

Brendan’s comments about experience are baffling but wtf are these players doing half the time. The two goals after we scored were inexcusable, last week we almost did the same both times we scored. Just a bunch of wet wipes that can’t play when the going gets tough.

Also don’t really think we’ve actually particularly backed Brendan at key points. Needed a CB in 19/20, ended up with Bennett on loan. Have needed a RW for years and have tried to get one either on the cheap or had loan stopgaps. Needed a CM in 20/21, didn’t get it. Covid, FFP, whatever the reason but for me a manager that achieves two 5th place finishes and had us riding high in those seasons deserved more backing.

Who is actually responsible for the amount of bloat we’ve ended up with in terms of squad numbers and stupid wages for players that don’t add much. Who has left us in the position we’re in this summer? You can talk about FFP and it being late notice but it’s poor financial planning either way.

Next summer should give us a good chance to reset but I’m not sure I believe we’re capable of it. Easy to blame Rodgers, certainly plenty of flaws and bizarre decisions to pick out. But there’s other clubs out there that have found out the issue is deeper than the manager in different ways. Man Utd, Arsenal until recently, Everton, Southampton, Sunderland.