Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unabomber

Rodgers in or out?

Rodgers in or out?   

656 members have voted

1. 1. In or Out?

The final four games of last season - and the ten points that lifted us to eighth - were obviously enjoyable at the time. But they served to hide the reality of where we are - and have been for far too long - with this stubborn, increasingly error-prone and occasionally objectionable manager:

On an irreversible slide.

1 minute ago, CalH said:

We are paying him now - not suggesting we get a replacement manager in right away. It may even help us come to a mutual agreement with him… A temporary internal solution may be viable in the short term. 

His severance pay? :ph34r:

1 minute ago, iancognito said:

In what bizarre parallel universe do you think any manager would ever agree to that?

Mate, come on. I'll eject the humour and say it straight.

He is a good coach and a poor manager. Can you read between those lines?!

I was on the fence like loads of us but I told myself yesterday- ‘if he starts amartey again today left cb in a back 5 I’m absolutely 100% done with this moron’ - Rodger’s out - iv fallen off thy fence monumentally- get him out of our club - arrogant nonsense talking idiot 

At this stage it will make no difference. Whoever comes in would have to work with this group. Far better to run through til November's break re-assess and have the conversation with him then. Give the new guy a few weeks to work with the non-WC group and then have a window in January. Any problems we have though are not solely the responsibility of the manager, simply that the buck stops with him

Can't see him recovering it. Blaming the players repeatedly when results are bad, when in fact even at the end of today they were fighting for him despite the circumstances. Same issues as last season; set pieces, injuries, defensive lapses, poor signings and players not being able or willing to commit long term.

Rodgers has won us an FA Cup. Lots of respect for the man.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, iancognito said:

In my defence I read a lot of BS on these pages and it's hard to tell what's a punchline and what's a genuine opinion sometimes

Very true

Turns out some on here genuinely expect the fans to appoint any new manager