Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unabomber

Rodgers in or out?

Rodgers in or out?   

656 members have voted

1. 1. In or Out?

1 minute ago, Parafox said:

He's going to cost a lot in salary and even then, who is he going to buy to improve the squad? Or do you think he will get more out our existing players than he will get out of ManU?

I don’t want him he’s about as good as rodgers 

We need to get to the end of the transfer window as intact and with as little damage as we can.  There is so much negativity around the club especially from the outside, and it's easy for the players to get caught up in the malaise. Especially after chucking away a two goal lead last week in the way they did, and conceding a goal twice today a minute after scoring ourselves. Rodgers certainly has to come in for criticism  firstly for his lack of subs last week and also for playing Amartey in front of Cags which i just don't understand. I'm really not impressed with Rodgers in recent times, be it some of his team selections, his subs, and his freezing out of certain players at times.  I feel like he is trying to protect himself in his media interviews at the moment too, which is working because they all seem to still love him.  What I would say, is that if he was sacked, is a new manager suddenly going to be able to bring in new players? If the club is true to its word and that we still need to get rid of some more players to bring some in, then the calibre of manager we may be able to attract, may not be as high as it once was, because any new manager of quality will expect to be backed in the transfer market, and at the moment that seems to be something the club can't do.  So I'm guessing that if the club did sack Rodgers it won't be until the window closes.

Edited by smudger63

1 hour ago, Bazly said:

Pointless poll this early into the season. If the team win the next three it'll be a love fest for Rodgers again.

Not from me cant stand his bore fest football.

1 hour ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

It seems pointless to have kept him in the summer. Time for a change and should have happened sooner.

Think there should be a little bit more respect for the way we played early in his tenure and the cup win but enough is enough.

He deserves what he gets ranner didn't get this long. His football is awful.

1 hour ago, Deano79 said:

We can’t afford to sack him !! 

We can't afford him either. His pay off will be spread over the remainder of his contract.

We wont  be paying the next guy silly money until he's proven himself.

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Even if we can afford to pay him off, we're getting a manager out of work or with a very small release and wage to replace him. 

The good times are over here, I suggest Valium.

There are some decent free agents available keep the Faith..

Needless to say I’m still ‘Out’, and have been since midway through last season. 

He should have gone for definite in April and the replacement given time to assess and spend. They didn’t - and wrote this entire season off in the process.

His salary should be docked to refund ticket holders until he shapes up or is shipped out. 

Guest Kopfkino

There is also the question of whether we can afford to sack him. Given we seemingly don’t want to spend on transfers, it seems difficult to believe we’d be wanting to spend 15m or whatever to pay up his contract unless it got desperate.

22 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Be careful of signing another Claude, maybe?

What's the difference between Claude's football and now?

Because I don't see alot of difference.

Atleast Claude improved the team in terms of personnel.

Rodgers 2 5th place finished, FA Cup, Community Shield, yada, yada, yada, I thank him for that but in the here and now (Which has been ongoing for 2 years), what's so different between Claude and Rodgers?

I thank Ranieri for the PL win, doesn't mean he shouldn't have been sacked.

Again, do we ask questions of the club, the powers that be and is it their brief to incoming managers we must play this inane, boring, possession ball? That's the only explanation I can come up with.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, 420Hashish said:

Okay, but who would realistically come I  that's actually a decent manager? 

That's what we say every time this debate comes up. "Decent" managers have been turning up at United for 10 years and won nothing. Everton did more with Moyes than with Ancelotti or Benitez. The best fit isn't necessarily someone with trophies in the cabinet. It's someone who can get a tune out of this group in a solid formation that creates something without needing 150 passes and can actually head a set piece away.

You want a name? Potter. Performing miracles at Brighton without actually having a striker for 2 years. Made Dan Burn look half decent. A side that on paper is Championship sitting in the upper mid-table. I like the idea of an up & coming manager building something rather than attracting a "decent" manager trying to re-create his past glories here.

1 minute ago, Matt said:

What's the difference between Claude's football and now?

Because I don't see alot of difference.

Atleast Claude improved the team in terms of personnel.

Rodgers 2 5th place finished, FA Cup, Community Shield, yada, yada, yada, I thank him for that but in the here and now (Which has been ongoing for 2 years), what's so different between Claude and Rodgers?

I thank Ranieri for the PL win, doesn't mean he shouldn't have been sacked.

Again, do we ask questions of the club, the powers that be and is it their brief to incoming managers we must play this inane, boring, possession ball? That's the only explanation I can come up with.

I get where you're coming from but I hate when fans are actually so dismissive of winning silverware. More so that it's not silverware we even remotely win regularly.

'yada, yada, yada' after winning the FA Cup. Wow. 

It’s not black and white. He has some positives attached to him. Sometimes it’s obvious - Ranieri would have taken us down. But Rodgers has had me around 50:50 for a long time. But I’m consistently on the ‘out’ side of the curve. With reservations. But he’s a huge part of the problem, which means I don’t think he will be the one to solve it. 

3 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

There is also the question of whether we can afford to sack him. Given we seemingly don’t want to spend on transfers, it seems difficult to believe we’d be wanting to spend 15m or whatever to pay up his contract unless it got desperate.

Two games into a season is a crap place to say this, but can we afford not to sack him? It just isn’t getting better and, arguably, is getting very much worse. 🤷

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

I get where you're coming from but I hate when fans are actually so dismissive of winning silverware. More so that it's not silverware we even remotely win regularly.

'yada, yada, yada' after winning the FA Cup. Wow. 

Yada, yada, yada was more in reference to people who can only give that as support for him.