Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unabomber

Rodgers in or out?

Rodgers in or out?   

656 members have voted

1. 1. In or Out?

1 minute ago, Matt said:

Yada, yada, yada was more in reference to people who can only give that as support for him.

I think it's still a valid support.

As much as Ranieri helped us win PL trophy, Rodgers deserves some shred of respect for helping us win the FA Cup.

• Like 1

Out. Fed up watching his playing style of tippy tappy football in all areas of the pitch. Lost count of the amount of goals we've conceded when losing possession in a dangerous area or phase of play. Usually gets masked as an individual error but over playing has consistently been the root cause in my opinion. This leopard ain't going to change his spots so OUT.

Edited by l444ry
  • Like 1

This is nothing more than standard office politics.

Imagine a company hiring a manager who is given assurances when joining. 

Now those assurances have reversed and he has his hands tied behind his back doing a job that he probably enjoys doing. 

Not rocket science. 

1 hour ago, Bazly said:

If people think we have problems - Brentford 4 Manure 0. 

I don't give a fvck about them, it's not justification.

So if they went down before us that would make it better?

I only care about us fvck them.

True Blue

Think we all know he should have gone end of last season. Don't know why that didn't happen. Would like to hear something from the club about our current predicament really... From a summer rebuild to nowt and Rogers still floating around the place seemingly immortal, something feels a bit amiss to me.

• Like 1

We play our best football when it's fast and direct, with a high press off the ball, so it's best to have a manager who would take advantage of that, instead of having us play in such a way that forces us to pass back to the defence most of the time we are in possession. I miss the days when we used to destroy our opponents with counter attacks, now it's just boring. If we don't beat Southampton, I think the KP will erupt, and not in a good way. 

• Like 1

I don't get what people think is gonna happen if we sack Brendan now and get in someone else

We're already stretched financially, paying off Brendan isn't gonna help the situation. Whoever then comes in won't have any money to spend on new players either, they're gonna be stuck with the same group of players and find themselves in the same situation of not having any attacking quality out wide available to them. 

"Well then play narrow" - Brendan did so today as well towards the end but addressed the fact we can't press as hard as in our main 433/4231

Brendan, much to the surprise of some here, isn't actively coaching Amartey to ignore his defensive duties during a corner, no matter deflections, he isn't actively coaching Fofana and Ward to run into each other and concede a goal as a result of it. There's only so much you can hold a coach accountable for

Guest Kopfkino
10 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

Two games into a season is a crap place to say this, but can we afford not to sack him? It just isn’t getting better and, arguably, is getting very much worse. 🤷

Well obviously two games into a season we can afford to not sack him. If we were 18th after 20 games then sure, maybe we can’t afford to not sack him.

1 minute ago, sylofox said:

Not saying this is bad, but.

Starting to wish we had David Pleat back 😂😂

No. I'd watch Rodgersball non-stop for a month before I even considered getting that guy back. I can only imagine the rage if a 79 year old Pleat turned up at Seagrave next week lol

7 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

Well obviously two games into a season we can afford to not sack him. If we were 18th after 20 games then sure, maybe we can’t afford to not sack him.

Right now, I'm out but 2 games in is not the time for it. I think the club will honestly look to re-assess in November. Top's a friendly guy but a ruthless businessman, if we're heading for a slump he'll fire him. And despite what some say, our finances won't stop us firing him. They'll stick 20p on the teas and Bovrils to fund it.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Who, then. Who would you have that is available and affordable?

Affordable? We pay Rodgers world class wages. If we continue paying a manager that - then most are available. Realistically - Poch, Potter and maybe Frank.

Think owners have told him to show what he can do with existing squad, hence no money this summer because they also have no faith in Rodgers and are keeping back a transfer budget for inevitable sacking and new manager ins and outs! He really is a poor tactician and also  now can’t even get a tune out of our better  players over a 90 min game, so many just go missing for large parts, Tielemans and Maddison exceptionally poor first half today and game  was done from there! 

The most frustrating thing i found with claude was that when the so called better teams played us, we always looked like we’d given up before we started. I get the same feelings from brendan. 

Our best results against big sides have been when we’ve really gone at them and been fearless. 

Arsenal are a good side, but I really don’t think the gulf in class is as big as brendan has given them credit for today.  I want a fearless manager who would actually give it a go. Because i can tell you now, if it was us playing man u these first 2 weeks we would be losing because you just know we would give them too much respect because of who they are. 

It’s simply not the mentality that will make you challenge for more than is expected of you. 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Phenom said:

Affordable? We pay Rodgers world class wages. If we continue paying a manager that - then most are available. Realistically - Poch, Potter and maybe Frank.

I understand, but if the club and it's owners were awash with money, why haven't we brought in new up and coming players? I do wonder if the lockdown and the loss of revenue to King Power at their airport outlets is a factor. Maybe they regret the extremely lucrative contract they gave Rodgers?

Honestly really feel like we will miss what we had. He obviously puts loads of work in to what he does and is a great coach. Made some mistakes but that's normal. Were not getting potter, were not getting a better manager, and we'll run the day we thought we were so much better than him. 1 point from 2 games without any ability to makes transfers really isn't the end of the world