Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unabomber

Rodgers in or out?

Rodgers in or out?   

656 members have voted

1. 1. In or Out?

1 hour ago, Fightforever said:

The issues I have with him is more that he doesn't really seem to ever attempt to fix the most obvious issues with our squad but more importantly all the rubbish that he talks about the club in the media. 

He must have messed with some of the player's heads when he kept going on about a summer rebuild (only to bring no one in) and how we aren't even top 8 quality in terms of finances and how our squad can't match up to the top 6. Even if what he said is true we should never be mentally setting limits for how high we can achieve.

Then I remember him losing his shit at our squad for playing with too much of a high tempo when we were 3 goals up against West Brom. My only question is if thats what he has been saying in public imagine all the perplexing mind fvckers he drops behind closed doors.

His subsitions also cost us games so often. The worst offender was a few seasons back where Fofana got injured against Tottenham when we lost 4-2 in the game that cost us Champions league football. The obvious decision to make was to sub Fofana off for Amartey and keep Ndidi in his CDM role. He then went on to sub on Mendy for Fofana and put Ndidi at center back?!?!?!?! Which made us go on to lose the game since after that we got outran in the midfield.

(If you look at Fbref Mendy is objectively one of the worst players in the league he scores in the bottom 10th percentile in the league in nearly all stats apart from short passing and below average ball carrying he should have been dumped ages ago) Norwich's starting midfielders recorded MUCH better stats and their team only recorded 22 points all of last season.

In fact on the subject of having a quick look at our players on Fbref. We are objectively carrying some of the worst players in the league in our squad. Albrighton, Mendy, Choudhury, Amartey, Bertrand and Vestegaard have abysmal stats that would put them below players that started for Norwich last year in the same positions as them. A team that only managed 22 points.

McLean Norwich midfielder vs Mendy

1038012672_Screenshot2022-08-13210025.png.9e7b62188ebd23671bdea773c2da68e8.png

399993337_Screenshot2022-08-13210237.png.ba09b34af5815e05f91f89df68f42bcb.png

The reason I mention the above is due to the fact that the recruitment has been ran by the person he picked for the last 3 years so the blame falls on his door for either not identifiying anyone good enough to replace the above or buying terrible players like Bertrand, Vestagaard, Soumare and Perez who just made things worse.

Truth be told for these reasons I have been silently out since the Forest game. The only reason I would be reluctant to pull the trigger is since I don't really know who we could find that is better. We need to be urgent though whatever we do if we have another shit season. The likes of Maddison, Fofana, Tielemans, Castange and Barnes will be gone. Then we will have a huge rebuild on our hands when we haven't really got the money or any faith in the recruitment team to carry that out.

Not fixing the obvious is fine for a season or two but eventually other teams catch on and start using your weaknesses against you. Look at Brentford last week how they targetted Amartey in attack and Today how Arsenal scored another set piece.

This mendy obsession has gone on long enough. He is a sub par midfielder that can do one thing: pass sideways - which happens to be Ndidi's main weakness.

I to remember that Fofana decision against Tottenham and thought the exact same as you!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shane said:

The right manager would put a positive spin on the current situation to galvanise and motivate the players and fans. ‘Yes we’ve made no signings, but we still have a strong squad and will prove the doubters wrong’.

Even if its not true, its better than the tripe Brendan has come out with. 

I mean what's he meant to do. 

If the likes of Amartey, Evans, Fofana, Tielemans, Ndidi, Vardy don't perform, there's **** all consequences for them because Brendan can't drop them given the options on the bench are non-existent or perhaps even worse. 

2 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Rather dug ourselves a hole here I fear.

We would look pretty stupid sacking a manager 2 gsmrs in.

Should have got rid  in the Sumner. 

We would and totally agree he should of gone in the summer if not before. But the longer he stays the less appealing the job will be to other managers, especially the decent ones who might want it. Need to cut our losses.

2 minutes ago, Cincinnati Fox said:

Who are the 71 people who want him in! Blokes a charlatan 

Well I'm one of them, because I can't for the life of me see how sacking Brendan and bringing a new unknown into the equation (who won't be able to make any signings by the way), will change our situation.

Yeah maybe we get a new manager bounce for about 2.5 games, but after that we're back in the same spot of underperforming players not having to fear anything because it's simply impossible for them to lose their spot

Edited by LFox99
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Cincinnati Fox said:

Forest fans I suppose, I have been in support of Rodgers… but now I’m coming to the end of my tether and maybe it would be better he just went. I’m finding it more and more difficult to get behind him now 

• Like 1

Been out for a long time. The guys taking us backwards. 

I have been a Leicester fan for years and years, this is the first season in many where the season starts and I've felt very "meh" about it all. I stopped going to games last season due to the football we were producing, after the football from the first game and todays game, my dad will be attending the game in my place as I have really lost the buzz that Leicester game gave me. I place the blame for this squarely at Brendan's feet. The shit that he puts out game after game and expedtsnus to thank him for is beyond a joke. 

Time to move on. 

I would genuinely welcome in someone's nan at the minute. Atleast she'd get some spirit into the team. 

The people that have voted in must be family members or spoof accounts he created himself. This that say but he won us our FA cup, are the same people that would be happy for us to have kept Claudio and be languishing in league one because he is god (don't disagree about the god part). But come on people this guy is dragging us into a hole that will see us scrambling for safety. 

Get rid now and start the season properly, the players we have are more than capable of challenging the top 6/8. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

Well I'm one of them, because I can't for the life of me see how sacking Brendan and bringing a new unknown into the equation (who won't be able to make any signings by the way), will change our situation

Do you think things will improve if he stays ?

1 minute ago, Lcfc82 said:

Do you think things will improve if he stays ?

Well they can hardly get any worse

Barnes will be back at some point, our set piece coach will hopefully get here eventually, Soumaré and Vestergaard will probably be off and enable us to make one magical signing 

2 minutes ago, Cincinnati Fox said:

He's won an fa cup, charity shield and finished 5th twice. 

I get if you want him out but surely you can also get why some of us are happy to give him time, this isn't Peter Taylor or Craig levin we are talking about here ffs. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

Well I'm one of them, because I can't for the life of me see how sacking Brendan and bringing a new unknown into the equation (who won't be able to make any signings by the way), will change our situation.

Yeah maybe we get a new manager bounce for about 2.5 games, but after that we're back in the same spot of underperforming players not having to fear anything because it's simply impossible for them to lose their spot

So you basically think the managers job isn't of much importance then? I'm which case let's get one who demands far less in wages but will do the same job

3 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

So you basically think the managers job isn't of much importance then? I'm which case let's get one who demands far less in wages but will do the same job

Where did I say that? You're putting words in my mouth and then make arguments based on that. I don't understand why you want to argue with yourself

Edited by LFox99

3 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

Where did I say that? You're putting words in my mouth and then make arguments based on that. I don't understand why you want to argue with yourself

lol alright calm down. 

Sorry if I misunderstood your point. I thought you meant that you don't believe a new manager would do any better than Brendan without really giving any suggestion that we're going to improve under Rodgers. In which case my point is if we're going to be this shit we don't wanna have the 5th best paid manager in the league. Seems like overkill to me when we're apparently in the muck financially 

Edited by foxfanazer

21 minutes ago, TheFiveTime said:

This mendy obsession has gone on long enough. He is a sub par midfielder that can do one thing: pass sideways - which happens to be Ndidi's main weakness.

I to remember that Fofana decision against Tottenham and thought the exact same as you!

Choudhury offers more than Mendy in my opinion. He can at least put a shift in defensively and allow others to attack but with Mendy. He is a terrible at the defensive stuff in midfield so off the ball we essentially are playing with 10 men. 

15 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

In my eyes that's an incentive to get rid, not keep him. If there's no signings coming in no matter what then it becomes even more important to extract the maximum possible from the current group of players, which Rodgers has shown few signs of being able to do for a while now. If things have gone stale and you can't freshen things up through bringing in players then the most obvious alternative is to do it with a new manager with fresh ideas, coupled with the possiblity that they will bring the aforementioned new manager bounce but also through giving currently sidelined players like Soyuncu a clean slate and a chance to prove themselves again.

Edited by Guest

7 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

I get if you want him out but surely you can also get why some of us are happy to give him time, this isn't Peter Taylor or Craig levin we are talking about here ffs. 

Serious question, doesn't his comments worry you? 

Last week he blamed fatigue but only made one sub. 

This week, he blamed experience but we were actually the more experienced side...

His excuses and explanations don't track with what's actually happening. I would respect him far more if he atleast acknowledged the issues. 

10 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

He’s had time sadly though mate, nothing is changing and we’re getting worse as time goes on. 

Few of us today were actively saying ‘why do we bother?’ today, were never really in the game and anytime we look like we can get close to being in it we just let it go again.