Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
marcymarc666

Fofana Transfer Request

Five years 
What a surprise 
We've got five years 
My brain hurts a lot 
Five years 
That's all we've got 
We've got five years 
What a surprise 
Five years 
Stuck on my eyes 
We've got five years 
My brain hurts a lot 
Five years 
That's all we've got 
We've got five years 
Stuck on my eyes 
Five years 
What a surprise 
We've got five years 
My brain hurts a lot 
Five years, 
That's all we've got 
We've got five years 
What a surprise 
We've got five years 
Stuck on my eyes 
We've got five years 
My brain hurts a lot 
Five years 
That's all we've got 
Five years 
Five years 
Five years 
Five years

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

22 hours ago, marcymarc666 said:

Wesley Fofana has requested a transfer to Chelsea according  to the Leicester Mercury. Clearly has had his head turned after all the speculation.

Do we sell him for 80 mill and cash in ?

Anyone buying the Leicester Mercury must be really hard up for a read, especially when it comes to news on Leicester City.

On 16/08/2022 at 16:14, Dahnsouff said:

Agree, let’s scare off all future prospects from joining the club, so we can carry out this bizarre imagined face saving exercise 

Feck so-called "future prospects". Don't exactly see them rushing in through the door at the moment.

If the lesson "future prospects" take from it is that we will take risks on them but expect a good return if it pays off, then so be it!

36 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

Feck so-called "future prospects". Don't exactly see them rushing in through the door at the moment.

If the lesson "future prospects" take from it is that we will take risks on them but expect a good return if it pays off, then so be it!

Each to their own I guess  :dunno:

A model that got us here, and one we have veered away from to get us into the current sticky situation I would suggest

On 16/08/2022 at 18:09, jerry said:

Desperately need to refresh the squad so it's a yes from me.

Problem being the refresher is gonna be Rodgers,  and that probably means a vast waste of money on substandard players.

I have zero confidence in the man (obvs).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, J. James said:

Problem being the refresher is gonna be Rodgers,  and that probably means a vast waste of money on substandard players.

I have zero confidence in the man (obvs).

I know what you mean some of his purchases in his tenure have been pretty poor is it the fact that they are just downright poor or is it the way he’s handling their Leicester career always being on The bench hardly playing them, the one that really does Worry me is Daka the lad has some serious qualities but there is no way he’s going to come good if he only gets 20min here 20 min there so is it down to Brendan and his tactics He’s relying far too much on Vards to get us the goals yes he’s amazing but he’s either not getting the service we’re not playing the right formation or Brendan just can’t get us ticking ?

Either way whatever the answer is something needs doing and if that means selling our star young CB for a huge fee then so be it his antics over the last couple of weeks have surely lost him a lot of fans who are normally 100% behind him, surely Chelsea has broken FA/PL rules by agreeing a contract with a player under contract to another club and Fofana has breached his by this twisted form of tapping up by agreeing a proposal with Chelsea ?

Let’s just sell him for a huge profit he doesn’t want to be here even tho we have him his chance in the PL stood by him after the horrific injury got him back playing, if he wants to be childish with his actions let him go but he’ll one day regret the way he treated our club !!

• Like 2

On 16/08/2022 at 17:39, marcymarc666 said:

Wesley Fofana has requested a transfer to Chelsea according  to the Leicester Mercury. Clearly has had his head turned after all the speculation.

Do we sell him for 80 mill and cash in ?

Pages based on a story in the Leicester Mercury?

The rag that has failed to spell players names correctly in the recent past.

Well I have just listened to Rogers interview and it’s abundantly clear that WF saga is far from resolved and Rogers, understandably  wouldn’t go into details but there clearly have been discussions about the possibility of a transfer

Wes is  80-90% gone be it for £60-£80 million or whatever he is gone and if not there is going one very unhappy player

52 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

And lock thread.

I don't suspect he has in writing as he is being extremely 'well advised' (from his agent's perspective who is focussed on the ££££££).

You can make it clear you want to go and are going to get your move without putting in a 'written transfer request' and in fact I believe the only purpose of those now is when a player is prepared to sacrifice their loyalty bonus (if there is one in a contract).

I would assume that will be WF's last resort. I wouldn't put it in either.

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

And lock thread.

But no one hands in a transfer request anymore. They do approach their clubs and tell them they want to move. I’m perfectly happy to accept that this may have taken place and his agent is feeding stories to the media to facilitate a move. 

Edited by Daggers

13 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

I don't suspect he has in writing as he is being extremely 'well advised' (from his agent's perspective who is focussed on the ££££££).

You can make it clear you want to go and are going to get your move without putting in a 'written transfer request' and in fact I believe the only purpose of those now is when a player is prepared to sacrifice their loyalty bonus (if there is one in a contract).

I would assume that will be WF's last resort. I wouldn't put it in either.

Are loyalty bonuses normally spread across the length of the contract with a payment each year? Assume they only get the full bonus if they stay for the full length of the contract. 

26 minutes ago, taupe said:

How is something abundantly clear if one says nothing? It could genuinely be that there's nothing new to say.

Where did I say he didn’t say anything ? I said he wouldn’t go into details about the conversations he had with WF. What I said was abundantly clear is that the saga wasn’t over.

7 minutes ago, turlo said:

Are loyalty bonuses normally spread across the length of the contract with a payment each year? Assume they only get the full bonus if they stay for the full length of the contract. 

Governed by the actual contract. Some are paid monthly over the duration of the contract; some are paid annually or 6 monthly and some are paid at the end of the contract itself (or, when the contract is superceded by a new one). Bonuses can be very complex parts of player contracts (and manager contracts) and whilst various entities take an interest in them and there is some governance around them and how they can operate, there is still room for innovation and flexibility. It is likely fairly standard within one club; but not necessarily across all clubs, if that makes sense.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Terraloon said:

Where did I say he didn’t say anything ? I said he wouldn’t go into details about the conversations he had with WF. What I said was abundantly clear is that the saga wasn’t over.

With all due respect, you're stating the obvious. No, the "saga" is not over (for certain) until the window closes. What more do you want Rodgers to say? What more can he say? It's not like he's responsible for the situation, he doesn't know Chelsea's intentions. 

Understandably, we fans are getting anxious and want news - even when there might not be any. I know I'll breath a sigh of relief when the window closes, hopefully with Fofana still a Leicester player. Then it'll be repeat in Jan.

57 minutes ago, taupe said:

With all due respect, you're stating the obvious. No, the "saga" is not over (for certain) until the window closes. What more do you want Rodgers to say? What more can he say? It's not like he's responsible for the situation, he doesn't know Chelsea's intentions. 

Understandably, we fans are getting anxious and want news - even when there might not be any. I know I'll breath a sigh of relief when the window closes, hopefully with Fofana still a Leicester player. Then it'll be repeat in Jan.

If it’s obvious why pick me up on my comment then ?