Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
marcymarc666

Fofana Transfer Request

50 minutes ago, Bert said:

You don’t ask to be left out of a squad and then go and watch the team. 

The manager has stated it was a mutual decision so that’s exactly what has happened. Fofana has agreed to not play and has sat and watched the match. You can’t apply normal logic to Fofana based on the speculation around him and his bizarre social media activities.

2 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

The manager has stated it was a mutual decision so that’s exactly what has happened. Fofana has agreed to not play and has sat and watched the match. You can’t apply normal logic to Fofana based on the speculation around him and his bizarre social media activities.

Rodgers is famous for being very honest and up front as well, so of course we take what he's saying at face value :D

5 minutes ago, Mark_w said:

I'm not sure any of Youri, Caglar or Soumare deserve that level of vitriol, they're always willing to play and I don't believe any of them aren't trying. Youri is a shadow of his former self but I don't think that's a lack of effort necessarily, his head's obviously not in a great place but he's still being professional. And Soyuncu and Soumare absolutely should want to leave, Cags can't get a game over Amartey at CB and Soumare has never been given a real chance.

Cags pulling out of that challenge was when I changed my mind, he didn't want it. I rate Rodgers for excluding him after that, he basically chose not to do his job

1 hour ago, Terraloon said:

Had the club not have been happy to offer the new contract they shouldn’t have put one on the table in truth offering it when he was injured was strange and my guess it suited the club down to the ground to take advantage of the injury .

A week is a long time in politics and 5 months is an eternity in football Chelsea weren’t interested u till the other CDs on their list became un available or un obtainable 

The reality is if supporters expect players to honour contracts but don’t think twice when they want a managers to get the sack. For me it became hypocritical to suggest that some  footballing contracts can be torn up by the club and yet players have to honour the contract.

Whether or not Brendan gets the sack, we'll still honour the contract.

Either we'll pay it up or negotiate a settlement. The two situations are in no way the same. 

20 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Rodgers is famous for being very honest and up front as well, so of course we take what he's saying at face value :D

Fofana is famous for being discreet on social media so he’d happily stay quiet if Rodger’s had lied about the situation too eh?

14 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Someone tweeted that he did applaud when the goal went in. Just didn’t continue to stand and do so …..

Exactly my thoughts, the video is clearly taken a few moments after the goal, possibly after the person filming has jumped up and celebrated themselves. People need to start to get a grip of themselves. 

30 minutes ago, joachim1965 said:

This was raised on Radio Leicester yesterday, Matt Piper said that all first team squad that aren't playing have to be at the game.

Those who have mental/injury problems can excuse themselves 

and I’m sure he could have sat somewhere more protected from the general fanbase (an exec box or in the directors area). If he was refusing to play then he would consider himself liable to be targeted for abuse. 

1 hour ago, joachim1965 said:

This was raised on Radio Leicester yesterday, Matt Piper said that all first team squad that aren't playing have to be at the game.

Yet a player who has asked to be left out wouldn’t go and watch. Which is my point. He didn’t ask to be left out how it was brought out in the media. Rodgers had the final decision. 

1 hour ago, Vlad the Fox said:

Exactly my thoughts, the video is clearly taken a few moments after the goal, possibly after the person filming has jumped up and celebrated themselves. People need to start to get a grip of themselves. 

It was my best mate who recorded the video 

I believe he only made the video as he hadn’t seen Fofana celebrate at all hence starting to record.

I never intended it to go viral either 🤣

I only uploaded it to Twitter so I could upload it to here. It’s been seen (not watched) almost 1m times

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

It was my best mate who recorded the video 

I believe he only made the video as he hadn’t seen Fofana celebrate at all hence starting to record.

I never intended it to go viral either 🤣

I only uploaded it to Twitter so I could upload it to here. It’s been seen (not watched) almost 1m times

You just want our club to crash and burn :ph34r:!

2 hours ago, funkyrobot said:

Fofana is famous for being discreet on social media so he’d happily stay quiet if Rodger’s had lied about the situation too eh?

He did post on social media about the article claiming Tanner had made it up about him but soon deleted it for some reason

38 minutes ago, Bert said:

Yet a player who has asked to be left out wouldn’t go and watch. Which is my point. He didn’t ask to be left out how it was brought out in the media. Rodgers had the final decision. 

Think it’s reasonable to say Fofana must’ve been part of the decision making process to not play otherwise he would’ve either actually played or made it clear on social media that he was available to play. Pipes indicates he would’ve had to be there as part of the non playing squad. That’s irrespective of who requested he not play - be that Rodgers, Fofana or a because of a mutual decision.