Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
marcymarc666

Fofana Transfer Request

I know what to do. We keep him

here and force him to play for the rest of the season. 

And by “force him to play for the rest of the season” I mean, make him honour the terms of his employment that he agreed to literally 5 months ago. 

Edit: I should mention, this is if nobody meets our valuation

Edited by Walkerfox

The balls in our court and we hold all the cards. Either Chelsea pay a world record fee or poor Wes deals with it. I really hope Top pulls Chelsea’s pants down. It’s a big risk from our POV considering there’s not much time left in the window.

If an agreement is made, I just hope and pray we have somebody lined up that is capable of coming straight into the team and hits the ground running.

Put this in the other Fofana thread, it’s clear that Tanner’s article has been briefed by Leicester: 

Tanner’s published a piece in the Athletic essentially giving Leicester’s viewpoint. 

He said in summary Leicester won’t sell unless they get a world record bid.

However, it may not make the expected impact on recruitment as we need to still get rid of those experienced players that aren’t part of the main squad as that’s the priority and it’s very late in the transfer window. 

https://theathletic.com/3487119/2022/08/16/wesley-fofana-leicester-chelsea/?source=emp_shared_article

Guest StevieLynex
3 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

Sell....but do it bloody soon so we're not completely ****ed. Get this sinking feeling we'll lose Wes and Youri just before the deadline and then we'll be completely bollocksed.

Won't be so bad if Brendan joins them

Guest StevieLynex
3 minutes ago, buzzer_b said:

The balls in our court and we hold all the cards. Either Chelsea pay a world record fee or poor Wes deals with it. I really hope Top pulls Chelsea’s pants down. It’s a big risk from our POV considering there’s not much time left in the window.

If an agreement is made, I just hope and pray we have somebody lined up that is capable of coming straight into the team and hits the ground running.

Lewis Dunk?

The Rudkin masterplan.  

-sell Fofana for £80m

-use £20m to sack Rodgers

-bring in Dyche

-£60m left for Dyche to buy Ashley Barnes, Chris Wood and Jack Cork

-wont need a new cb as we can just use Amartey and Vestergaard to lump long balls to Wood and Barnes.

-sell Vardy to United, won't need him we have Wood and Barnes.

-sell Tielemans, won't need him, we've got Jack Cork

2 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

If we went for player from a rival we'll have to pay a Fofana premium. The price will rise for any player we try to sign now. 

Yeh we'll end up looking abroad. No way will we be able to get a good pl cb for a decent price

14 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

Put this in the other Fofana thread, it’s clear that Tanner’s article has been briefed by Leicester: 

Tanner’s published a piece in the Athletic essentially giving Leicester’s viewpoint. 

He said in summary Leicester won’t sell unless they get a world record bid.

However, it may not make the expected impact on recruitment as we need to still get rid of those experienced players that aren’t part of the main squad as that’s the priority and it’s very late in the transfer window. 

https://theathletic.com/3487119/2022/08/16/wesley-fofana-leicester-chelsea/?source=emp_shared_article

Literally the same article posted a week ago refreshed with a few more sentences.

You can tell as there are comments back from the 9th of August.

He’s guessing at best.

Edited by stu

9 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

The Rudkin masterplan.  

-sell Fofana for £80m

-use £20m to sack Rodgers

-bring in Dyche

-£60m left for Dyche to buy Ashley Barnes, Chris Wood and Jack Cork

-wont need a new cb as we can just use Amartey and Vestergaard to lump long balls to Wood and Barnes.

-sell Vardy to United, won't need him we have Wood and Barnes.

-sell Tielemans, won't need him, we've got Jack Cork

why Dyche!?! did you see the brand of football he brought to burnley, shite.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

Sell....but do it bloody soon so we're not completely ****ed. Get this sinking feeling we'll lose Wes and Youri just before the deadline and then we'll be completely bollocksed.

If Tielemans goes, sadly it would make no difference such is his contribution nowadays. 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
3 hours ago, Babylon said:

Bet he’s not wanting to go so much that he’s put an actual request in though. Heaven forbid he would give up his “loyalty” bonus

He will not have handed in a transfer request.

28 minutes ago, Walkerfox said:

I know what to do. We keep him

here and force him to play for the rest of the season. 

And by “force him to play for the rest of the season” I mean, make him honour the terms of his employment that he agreed to literally 5 months ago. 

Edit: I should mention, this is if nobody meets our valuation

He would suddenly be 'injured' if we force him to play,  So we would have to face that I'm sure.  

3 hours ago, Pinkman said:

Keep him unless they offer us £100m. He's got five years remaining on his contract, he can't go on strike for that long! 

Agree, let’s scare off all future prospects from joining the club, so we can carry out this bizarre imagined face saving exercise 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, norwichfox said:

£8.5 Million based on themedia guessed £7,5 Million we payed and £80 Million selling price

Not sure of the exact numbers but I think we paid £30m, so if we sold for £80m that's £50m profit. 20% of £50m is £10m. But i don't know the numbers so I could be way out. 

45 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Other things people need to give a chance to:

Dangerous driving while drunk

Risky sexual practices with multiple partners

Sharing drug needles

Watching the last two series of Westworld

I can’t see any of them panning out badly. 

Okay apart from Westworld which is simply not accurate, there’s no need to be posting my bio.

Keep that glass half full old friend.

😆

• Haha 1