Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
marcymarc666

Fofana Transfer Request

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Agree, let’s scare off all future prospects from joining the club, so we can carry out this bizarre imagined face saving exercise 

Or just make sure you have a switched on agent before signing ensuring you don't sign a new deal months before a window and potential interest. 

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Agree, let’s scare off all future prospects from joining the club, so we can carry out this bizarre imagined face saving exercise 

Yeh its a tough call, it just annoys me that the big clubs in this country just get their own way all the time. We certainly shouldn't bend over and sell cheap but I reckon around £80m is decent business. The whole thing stinks from FFP to the big clubs unsettling players and just basically making it impossible for anyone outside the cartel to compete. 

• Like 1

Just now, Tommy Fresh said:

Or just make sure you have a switched on agent before signing ensuring you don't sign a new deal months before a window and potential interest. 

Come on, you now how much contracts mean these days, it is all about ensuring the sell price for the current club and not the length of service.

3 hours ago, jonathan_ross said:

If the club reject another offer from Chelsea his bottom lip will probably be even bigger, accept anything over 50 million .

There used to be the rhotacism when you posted. Now I'm convinced it's not really you. 

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

Come on, you now how much contracts mean these days, it is all about ensuring the sell price for the current club and not the length of service.

Exactly, so why sign a new deal knowing full well there might be interest in the Summer and the new deal hindering any future transfer. 

1 minute ago, jayfox26 said:

Yeh its a tough call, it just annoys me that the big clubs in this country just get their own way all the time. We certainly shouldn't bend over and sell cheap but I reckon around £80m is decent business. The whole thing stinks from FFP to the big clubs unsettling players and just basically making it impossible for anyone outside the cartel to compete. 

It’s impossible for clubs in our position to be honest, as long as some clubs have legacy and/or manufactured revenue, we just cannot touch them, and this is hugely exacerbated by pet media who push all talent to join a small sets of these clubs

1 minute ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Exactly, so why sign a new deal knowing full well there might be interest in the Summer and the new deal hindering any future transfer. 

To thank us for taking care of him after his leg break and giving him his chance in the EPL I imagine 

4 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Not sure of the exact numbers but I think we paid £30m, so if we sold for £80m that's £50m profit. 20% of £50m is £10m. But i don't know the numbers so I could be way out. 

the £7.5M in my post should have read £37.5M, I have edited my post (the 37.5M was the first answer in a search as with most of our transfers the exact numbers are rarely published.

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

To thank us for taking care of him after his leg break and giving him his chance in the EPL I imagine 

That literally doesn't make sense if he's allegedly being arsey about not being allowed to leave now. Also taking care of him, that's just the done thing what do you think the club are going to do "crack on Wes, we'll see you when it's all mended" he doesn't owe us anything for helping him get fit, he's an investment.

• Like 3

Just now, Tommy Fresh said:

That literally doesn't make sense if he's allegedly being arsey about not being allowed to leave now. Also taking care of him, that's just the done thing what do you think the club are going to do "crack on Wes, we'll see you when it's all mended" he doesn't owe us anything for helping him get fit, he's an investment.

Spot on. The club isn't completely barmy. It didn't offer Wes a 5 year contract because it felt sorry that he'd been injured. It was obviously to protect the club's interests if he did move on.

Guest StevieLynex
8 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

A bit like us signing players from the likes of Norwich, Sporting Lisbon, Porto

2 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Strange, was under the impression how highly he spoke of the club during that time, but maybe you are right, but it does not have to be acrimonious despite what the media would have us believe.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Strange, was under the impression how highly he spoke of the club during that time, but maybe you are right, but it does not have to be acrimonious despite what the media would have us believe.

I'm sure he's thankful for all the work the medical staff put in in helping him get back. But he didn't receive any level of care that he wouldn't have got at any other top level club in Europe.

• Like 1

Just now, SouthStandUpperTier said:

I'm sure he's thankful for all the work the medical staff put in in helping him get back. But he didn't receive any level of care that he wouldn't have got at any other top level club in Europe.

He didn’t get at any of them though did he? Would you tell Doctors who operated on you that any Doctor could have done as much?  :dunno:

Just now, SouthStandUpperTier said:

The point is that it's any club's obligation to look after and rehabilitate our injured players. Wes is no special case. He doesn't owe us anything for doing it.

Yeah, that’s what I thought you meant,  but I was saying it’s Leicester not any other club who helped him, so he would thank Leicester

If he was at Chelsea or Juve, he would thank them, but he wasn’t at those clubs, he was here.