Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
marcymarc666

Fofana Transfer Request

5 minutes ago, Ross 'LCFC' Turner said:

Frightening to think we have the potential to make over 200 million in sales on just Maguire, Chillwell & Fofana with absolutely very little to show for it.

Kasper has gone. 

Ricardo, Evans, Ndidi, Tielemans, Maddison, Barnes & Vardy we’re already here 

Only Castagne & Justin are new additions to our ‘first XI’ since Maguire left! 

Granted Fofana was brought in using some of that money but we really do need to spend this Fofana sale cash wisely and actually improve our first XI! 

I wonder who Rodgers will waste the cash on?

Some on here believe the owners don't trust him in the transfer market, I think they may be right.

The next week or two will be a good indicator if Forfana does go.

As an aside: are we officially a 'feeder club for Chelsea?

Kante. Drinkwater. Chillwell. Possibly Forfana. :mad:

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Daggers said:

Other things people need to give a chance to:

Dangerous driving while drunk

Risky sexual practices with multiple partners

Sharing drug needles

Watching the last two series of Westworld

I can’t see any of them panning out badly. 

What do I win for a full house?

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, He aint bald said:

If true, this thread title and what the Guardian wrote, Fofana did LCFC a big favour by signing a 5 year contract and allowing us ask a whopping fee. More than what Youri and Cags did for us. Thanks Wes.

If true, what Sky News reported, that Fofana thinks LCFC are pricing him out of a move, I admire his humility that he thought he was worth just a Chillwell and not the full Maguire

Exactly, buying low and selling high is our business model and Fofana fits that model perfectly. What doesn't and will kill us in the future is players refusing to sign contract extensions and leaving for free. At least the 40M+ profit we make on Fofana will cover the 40M loss we take on Youri.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, sm1 said:

Exactly, buying low and selling high is our business model and Fofana fits that model perfectly. What doesn't and will kill us in the future is players refusing to sign contract extensions and leaving for free. At least the 40M+ profit we make on Fofana will cover the 40M loss we take on Youri.

Fofana certainly wasn't bought low and I would be surprised if we make £30 million out of any deal.

Fofana is special but Rodgers is holding him back, his best performances were when he first joined us.

Its also clear we need to go back to selling a big player every summer or two.  I personaly think good forward players are much harder to find than defenders so Fofana to be sold for me

Dont like the impatience shown by players now days though, players think its ok to give a couple of years at a stepping stone club, then move on, instead of 4-5 years.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, lcfc_forever said:

Put this in the other Fofana thread, it’s clear that Tanner’s article has been briefed by Leicester: 

Tanner’s published a piece in the Athletic essentially giving Leicester’s viewpoint. 

He said in summary Leicester won’t sell unless they get a world record bid.

However, it may not make the expected impact on recruitment as we need to still get rid of those experienced players that aren’t part of the main squad as that’s the priority and it’s very late in the transfer window. 

https://theathletic.com/3487119/2022/08/16/wesley-fofana-leicester-chelsea/?source=emp_shared_article

Right at the the end they touched upon the point I have been trying to make, our market mistakes have sometimes been occuring as a result of leaving things until the end of windows.  They made the point if Fofana leaves in the last week or even last few days we might end up with another Vestergaard panic buy.  The club needs a mentality to get business done early.

Better to sell him now for 65 mill than 80 mill in last week imo.  Unless we not planning to replace him, then maybe max the fee the last week but still damages the preparations.

9 hours ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

We can literally hold out for two weeks and he can't do anything. We'll still get the asking price in January like Southampton did with Van Dijk. Nothings changed including what we know about Fofana's attitude because he did the exact same to join us.

TBF he broke his leg playing for us,  so you could spin it that way aswell. 

It depends what narrative you want to follow I suppose 

I ain’t going to pass judgement on Fofana’s behaviour until something reported is confirmed as fact, however given his antics at St Etienne when we came calling, then I wouldn’t be shocked if it is true. 

Unless a bid is accepted before the weekend, the next indicator of whether he is creating in the background will be if he is in the starting XI for the Southampton game. 

I love him as a player but if he doesn’t want to be here  then the club have to secure the best possible deal and move on. I still wouldn’t be surprised if PSG or another team jump in and join the bidding for him. 

He makes a big difference to our side but I don’t believe he is indispensable, the opportunity to strengthen the squad with 3 or 4 players could make a big difference, as long as we recruit well, which is another story altogether. 

• Like 4

Guest Chocolate Teapot
8 hours ago, Babylon said:

That’s what I was intimating… none of these rats do.

I was just reiterating it louder for the people at the back.

28 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

I ain’t going to pass judgement on Fofana’s behaviour until something reported is confirmed as fact, however given his antics at St Etienne when we came calling, then I wouldn’t be shocked if it is true. 

Unless a bid is accepted before the weekend, the next indicator of whether he is creating in the background will be if he is in the starting XI for the Southampton game. 

I love him as a player but if he doesn’t want to be here  then the club have to secure the best possible deal and move on. I still wouldn’t be surprised if PSG or another team jump in and join the bidding for him. 

He makes a big difference to our side but I don’t believe he is indispensable, the opportunity to strengthen the squad with 3 or 4 players could make a big difference, as long as we recruit well, which is another story altogether. 

If we sold Fofana, as it stands we can only buy one player and register them, also bear in mind the incoming salary cap we must adhere to. If we want to sign 3 or 4 as you say, we’d need to sell an additional 2 or 3 players as well as Fofana.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

If we sold Fofana, as it stands we can only buy one player and register them, also bear in mind the incoming salary cap we must adhere to. If we want to sign 3 or 4 as you say, we’d need to sell an additional 2 or 3 players as well as Fofana.

Agreed, but the Fofana sale would generate significant funds that would enable us to be more creative in our recruitment, we still need to shift the deadwood. 

I thought it was reported last week that fofana didn't want to leave and this was all his agents doing!? I'm not believing he's handed in a request till I see the proof...plus, how can you agree personal terms when a club hasn't agreed to sell you?? 

8 hours ago, sm1 said:

We flogging him for -£20 million? 

1 hour ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Agreed, but the Fofana sale would generate significant funds that would enable us to be more creative in our recruitment, we still need to shift the deadwood. 

As I understand it, paying a transfer fee isn’t the issue for us anyway 

Couldn’t see anything on the Mercury website though surely this is someone just rewording what’s already out there. I doubt he’ll have put in a transfer request and this is just another take on the “keen on the move” reported previously. But the website highlights the state of journalism today, they’ve ran a report on those arsenal fans telling him to join them instead of chelsea ffs lol 

Also while it’s clear that tapping up goes on, it’s usually done behind the curtains, out of site. Surely that tweet by Fabrizo claiming the contract with player agreed is too blatant and should be investigated. If it is true we should be kicking up a stink anyway just to put a brake on the transfer. 

Have a search and a read, a formal transfer request is of negligible formal purpose anyway. It can be ignored by the club (after all, it is only a request) and there are other, arguably more effective, ways a player can push for a move (airport lounge stays etc) if they want.

All it really does is flag something up to a wider audience (the club would already know the player wants to go) and bump a story back up the ratings. 

Sure, the player might lose out on loyalty bonus and maybe a portion of signing on fee (contract dependent) but that's kinda neither here nor there in the scale of things. 

So in summary, whether a formal request has been made or no, the situation remains the same - if Chelsea offer a sum the club are happy with then the deal is done. The ball's in Chelsea's court and my gut feel, based on a very scientific process I can assure you, is that Fofana will be a Chelsea player come the close of the window.

2 hours ago, FoxesWalk said:

You can alter your squad up until the window shuts. And thus, we can sign and register as many as we want. We just have to pick 25 of them to put in the squad upon the deadline. 

The "salary cap", is the UEFA one not a premier league one. So it's debatable it would have any impact on us at all this season, outside of us having it in mind to drop the revenue %. But that will happen naturally next summer anyway. 

• Like 1

It never seems to matter to the player or agent who see the bottom line of salary, opportunity (CL league, International prospects, commercial deals) but like Maguire I’d say Wesley, if they really had you in mind why didn’t a bid come in on day 1 of the window? You weren’t their first choice or priority.

It won’t bother him or Chelsea one bit but selling this late gives us little time to make some of the most vital incoming transfers in our history, f*** it up and an injury to Evans and we’re in trouble. With Maguire we ran out of time, trying to get a Tarkovski or Dunk in, luckily Soyuncu more than stepped up but if you want to lose him in the most manageable way you don’t do it at this stage of the summer. 

He has played just a handful of games since signing a two year extension, just what did he think he was signing up for? The increased salary and protection against his fee diminishing is the modern answer, being on a five year deal never meant we get to keep him for 5 years.

3 hours ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

There isn’t that opportunity, though, even with £90 million from Fofana. We still have to shift out others from the squad and, as I said before the window even opened, shifting our deadwood is not a simple task at all.