Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
marcymarc666

Fofana Transfer Request

So posters are unreal.

Coming out with the line; If we sell Fofana we will not be able to bring in players because of squad size.

The only reason squad size is an issue is because we are being tight and don't want to waste money on people doing nothing.  

Money has always been the issue.

If we bring in 80m which is roughly 45% of our annual turnover, we will recruit players.

The only issue will be time to do deals, not squad size. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

There isn’t that opportunity, though, even with £90 million from Fofana. We still have to shift out others from the squad and, as I said before the window even opened, shifting our deadwood is not a simple task at all. 

But the Fofana cash would allow us to be more creative in the market, help shift some of the deadwood for prices that work and create the space in the squad to then reinvest 

3 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

But the Fofana cash would allow us to be more creative in the market, help shift some of the deadwood for prices that work and create the space in the squad to then reinvest 

It may, but I would not bank on it. I think there is an ongoing struggle inside LCFC and I’m not at all sure the owners trust Rodger’s judgement on players. Hope I’m wrong but could only really see another CB incoming. 

We really need to resolve the Tieleman’s saga as well as move on Perez, Vesty and a couple of others. Not sure we will - maybe loans, but doesn’t really solve the problem. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

It may, but I would not bank on it. I think there is an ongoing struggle inside LCFC and I’m not at all sure the owners trust Rodger’s judgement on players. Hope I’m wrong but could only really see another CB incoming. 

We really need to resolve the Tieleman’s saga as well as move on Perez, Vesty and a couple of others. Not sure we will - maybe loans, but doesn’t really solve the problem. 

No one seems to want Tielemans enough to bid, they’ll either come in at the 11th hour to try and get him cheap (which I think we’ll refuse unless there’s time to bring in someone like Garner as a replacement) or take their chances on a free next year.

Our deadwood isn’t appealing to anyone due to poor performance and the wages we’ve been putting people on and we are probably going to have to wait until their contracts expire.

This is why we’re going to have to cash in on Fofana early.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

Worse... on toys he wont play with after boxing day

Yep, I reckon his garage is full of discarded lower-mid price power tools he just can't get to grips with. Manufacturers fault of course.

Edited by taupe
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

So posters are unreal.

Coming out with the line; If we sell Fofana we will not be able to bring in players because of squad size.

The only reason squad size is an issue is because we are being tight and don't want to waste money on people doing nothing.  

Money has always been the issue.

If we bring in 80m which is roughly 45% of our annual turnover, we will recruit players.

The only issue will be time to do deals, not squad size. 

How is it tight to avoid having more players than you can utilise? It’s just common sense . Even if they’re loaned out to Torquay or Torino - you’re still going to be paying a high percentage of their wages, paying out money which is of no benefit to the clubs performance on the field …

5 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

Right at the the end they touched upon the point I have been trying to make, our market mistakes have sometimes been occuring as a result of leaving things until the end of windows.  They made the point if Fofana leaves in the last week or even last few days we might end up with another Vestergaard panic buy.  The club needs a mentality to get business done early.

Better to sell him now for 65 mill than 80 mill in last week imo.  Unless we not planning to replace him, then maybe max the fee the last week but still damages the preparations.

Or we could make it clear that our policy is that a player will be sold only if (a) our price is met in full and (b) it is completed by a certain date.  Not sure how that can be transmitted to other clubs, though, without weakening our negotiating position.

57 minutes ago, ParkerPen said:

if we surpass the Maguire fee, I'm happy. get it done

Fofana is twice the player Maguire is. He will be worth more than this year. I say keep him here this season. It is not only a statement of intent, but it clarifies that the owners are not unambitious but simply that they need Rodgers to get a grip and deal with the consequences of spending so much money on players he does not play - Soumare, Praet, Vesty.  More importantly, if we let him go, we may see the likes of Maddison, Barnes or even Vardy follow suit. Tielemans is gone from my perspective anyway and I think if he does not leave by end of August, he should be frozen out of the team to set an example to the rest of the team that they cannot just play around with the contract situation - otherwise a lot more of the good players will follow suit and not sign contract extensions (of course those who are crap will want to just get a payrise).

Edited by Tom12345

38 minutes ago, smudgerfox said:

How is it tight to avoid having more players than you can utilise? It’s just common sense . Even if they’re loaned out to Torquay or Torino - you’re still going to be paying a high percentage of their wages, paying out money which is of no benefit to the clubs performance on the field …

It wasn't meant as a negative, a better word would be careful.

1 hour ago, pmcla26 said:

We'll still have to get people out, though. Obviously we will recruit but it will be harder. The point still remains that we can't have 4/5 players sitting around doing nothing. 

No but it may allow us to accept a little less for individuals.