Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HybridFox

Random limbs

9 hours ago, Lcfc82 said:

I remember Kingy scoring at Blackpool in a 2-2 draw. Absolutely mental in the away end

Yeh this springs to mind for me too, think we scored our 2 in fairly quick succession and it was a great strike from King. Bodies everywhere. 

A slightly older one, Arnar Gunnlaugsson away at Villa in the League Cup. Lovely little dink over the top from Elliot and a smacked it in off the bar. I was also about to say there's a sad lack of videos of these goals on the thread, but then couldn't find one of Arnar's.

Just now, Manini said:

Ahmed Musa against blades in the league cup.  Met up with a couple of their lot after and they were baffled as to why it went off when he scored. 

Celebration police. I remember seeing a tweet going off that we had celebrated it like we had won the Champions League, superb!

3 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Celebration police. I remember seeing a tweet going off that we had celebrated it like we had won the Champions League, superb!

I never get this! Whenever I see this comment, I always take it as a big compliment rather than how it's intended. Was pathetic last season when players started saying similar too. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SemperEadem said:

Yeah they didn’t get it either. The same two gave me all sorts when they came up too, 6 points off you etc etc. I got loads of shit off their fans whilst I picked my ticket up an all. 

Did walk back to the station with an old boy who’d been going to the lane for 50 odd years though. Had a good chat with him, hope he’s okay he was a nice feller. 

38 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Can’t remember the year exactly but when Lloyd Dyer scored a last minute equaliser away at Ashton Gate.

Also when Alan Maybury equalised away at Cardiff in their old shit ground. It didn’t last long though because it was given offside, and I bundled my way to the front for nothing.

On another level, Albrightons goal v Sevilla. That was chaos.

The Ashton Gate goal was something else. Rubbish 0-0 until Bristol had scored what looked to be an injury time winner with OTT celebrations, pile-ons and the locals next to us giving it the big 'un in our faces. Disgruntled City fans pouring down the gangways and climbing over backless seats not being able to get away quick enough. Then straight from the restart, a big punt forward, flick-on from Kermogant and Lloyd Dyer, My Lord, slices the ball straight into the bottom corner. Pandemonium, looked round and even my usually reserved son was standing on his seat doing the 'who are ya' thing to the locals. Very poor game but went home laughing our socks off. 

• Thanks 2

If you want truly random I managed to stack it down about eight rows after entering the away end at Rennes last year in an incident I'm massively glad wasn't caught on camera by anyone. Left bruises for weeks.

Managed to do that on the terrace at Hereford in 2009 too, though at least I was actually celebrating a goal that time...

Edited by Voll Blau

10 hours ago, buzzer_b said:

Steve Howard’s last minute header against Leeds in the 08/09 season.

That might be the single most mental I've ever gone at a game.

Helped that Leeds didn't shut up all game until the goal! And a few pints before loosened the inhibitions lol

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Levi Port said:

Matty Fryatt, 3 minute double v Bristol Rovers making it 2-1 

This, pretty much everyone had left home wise whilst Bristol Rovers were one of a few to sell out the corner that year. Although the limbs were amongst me, my friend and a couple of others on our row at the back of K. 

Obviously the Howard header as well that season.

Edited by Tommy Fresh
  • Like 1