Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HybridFox

Random limbs

5 hours ago, los dedos said:

Claridge against Palace ? Saying that sustained a bigger injuries to my shins with the Thompson goal !

The main difference between Thompson's goal in 1993 and Claridge's in 1996 was this ...

Claridge's goal was "instant pandemonium", as it just came out of nothing.   You can actually hear the delay, as it took the fans a second to work out what had just happened.

Thompson's goal was a slow build-up into a frenzy.   Whitlow bombing down the whole pitch on the left wing ... the fans screaming louder with each second, until Thompson finally slowly rolled the ball in.   Absolute mass hysteria.  People were making some seriously strange noises.   My missus said she'd never seen or heard anything like it, and she's been loads of games.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TK95 said:

One of my favourite cup ties even though we lost it at the death

The late Kisnorbo equaliser and penalty save from Henderson

It's mad that games like this were a highlight of our season around that time and here we are now pissed of if we don't beat a 'big six' side.

5 hours ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Also the Chelsea cup game. Gareth Mcauley scoring after 3 mins, 2-1 down at half time and going 3-2 ahead courtesy of Carl Court and DJ Campbell

That's a brilliant shout!

The shed upper is dangerous when you're that excited lol

Edited by Stuntman_Mike
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Fulham away , in august  2008. Just been relegated to league 1 and it was in the league cup they were in the premier league.. Filled the away end  and everybody there was committed, didn’t stop singing to a virtually empty stadium. 1-0 down at halftime.

Dickov then scored an equalizer about 46 minutes in  then about 2 minutes later Andy king banged it in from 18 yards made it 2-1, absolute scenes in that away end. I was at the front  and Dickov was just screaming in our faces loving it 😅. Even though we lost 3-2, I knew we would be alright after that match with the new manager Pearson. 

Edited by Foxes99
  • Like 3