Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Voll Blau

Groundhopping

1 hour ago, CosbehFox said:

23/24 Season Review 

Overall Grounds now 297 - Did not make 300 grounds! On 926 games. LCFC at 90 different grounds. 

This season I am hoping to:-

• Finally finish off the 92 - 90. Still at 90. Harrogate ticked but Wrexham not. Then Bromley come back into equation next season.  
  • Complete Midland Football League Premier Division 16/18 - Congleton & Northwich Victoria to visit. Preferably do after work up that way. Didn't do - Congleton gone up, division looks like it will be more Cheshire based next season 
  • Complete Southern League Midlands Premier 17/22 - Berkhamsted, Kettering, Leiston, Needham Market, Royston to do - Did none of them 
  • Complete Northern Premier League Division 1 Midlands 19/20 - Spalding - Didn't do 
  • Dent away at UCL North (1/17) & UCL South (5/20) - now I did get stuck in here UCL South up to 9/20 & UCL North up to 4/17
  • Visit Rotherham and Plymouth with Leicester - only Championship grounds I've not seen us at - Done
  • Following non-league grounds I'd like to visit Hastings, Chorley, Marine & Wingate/Finchley - I did Chorley and Wingate & Finchley

I have things booked or planned for:-

• Hoping PAOK or Aris make group stages of Europe for September - N/A
  • Feyenoord v PSV in early December - about to book Eurostar - gonna need a bit of help for a ticket but will do Utrecht if not, and plenty of games to choose from elsewhere on the weekend. - Did Feyenoord v AZ + Dordrecht
  • Hopefully get up to Scotland some time - really want to do Greenock Morton, was hoping for the Dundee Derby but no luck. - N/A
  • February - Italy trip - a bit all over the place at the moment, Serie B and C are in utter crisis as it stands. - Bologna, Modena & Sassuolo
  • That will be it with a Wedding this year!

Best ground I've done this year is Bristol City's repurposed Ashton Gate. Best occasion Bologna walloping Lecce in their quest for Champions League football. Best old fashioned surprise was Wingate & Finchley but classics at Tiverton & Modena. Naff grounds Sassuolo, Sherwood Colliery & Peterborough Sports 

Did you not get round to Morton? 

You should keep your eye out for them announcing a pre-season game against St.Mirren. I suspect they will and that's the one you would want to get to. 

2 minutes ago, Scotch said:

Did you not get round to Morton? 

You should keep your eye out for them announcing a pre-season game against St.Mirren. I suspect they will and that's the one you would want to get to. 

Nope, unfortunately not. Dundee derby interests me for next season. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Wrexham revisited on my short list, last went their in 2012. So overdue a revisit, last time I went only just over 2,000 were present when they were in the conference premier... look now. Different club on every level. 

Vegan club Forest Green on my list, though tricky one to go to. I'm keeping an eye out when Solihull Moors play their may see if i can go on the fans coach, seems to be the best way to get their. 

Edited by Leicesterpool

A few new grounds this season

Sign Right Park - Melton

YMCA - Newark Town

Walks - King's Lynn

Impact Arena - Alfreton

Silverlands - Buxton

Halley Stewart Field - Spalding

Cropston Road - Anstey

Going to try and do the Nottingham/UCL groundhopping day next season (5 games in one day)

Should have reported Viktoria Köln v Preußen Münster two weeks ago.

Finished 3-5 after Preußen had been 3-1 down! Was in the away end as I've got a soft spot for them, so great atmosphere as you'd expect - especially as they've been chasing a double promotion. Proper "Bierdusches" for the fourth and fifth.

Weird ground set in pleasant parkland in the east of Cologne, so worth a visit. Away end was an open terrace the length of the pitch with a standard lower league German main stand opposite. Home end was a temporary open terrace that only ran half way behind the goal, with a beer tent taking up the other half. The other end was another temporary structure, a double decker of executive boxes, to compete the Subbuteo ground aesthetic.

Gaffel Kölsch was refreshing enough as the beer of choice.

3 hours ago, Tuna said:

Going to try and do the Nottingham/UCL groundhopping day next season (5 games in one day)

Provisional list is less Nottingham, more Leicester 

United Counties League, 26-28 July
Provisional draft:
Friday: Ashby Ivanhoe
Saturday: Lutterworth Athletic, GNG Oadby, Kirby Muxloe, Loughborough Students
Sunday: Harrowby United, Asfordby

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Should have reported Viktoria Köln v Preußen Münster two weeks ago.

Finished 3-5 after Preußen had been 3-1 down! Was in the away end as I've got a soft spot for them, so great atmosphere as you'd expect - especially as they've been chasing a double promotion. Proper "Bierdusches" for the fourth and fifth.

Weird ground set in pleasant parkland in the east of Cologne, so worth a visit. Away end was an open terrace the length of the pitch with a standard lower league German main stand opposite. Home end was a temporary open terrace that only ran half way behind the goal, with a beer tent taking up the other half. The other end was another temporary structure, a double decker of executive boxes, to compete the Subbuteo ground aesthetic.

Gaffel Kölsch was refreshing enough as the beer of choice.

Going to Cologne for a few days during the Euro's. 

Its sounds like a real football city,  really looking forward to it.  

9 hours ago, CWC1983 said:

Going to Cologne for a few days during the Euro's. 

Its sounds like a real football city,  really looking forward to it.  

Yeah, I never used to be that keen on the place but it's grown on me recently. The cathedral's obviously stunning too.

• Like 1

I was tempted to go up to Murrayfield for the Rangers and Man United friendly, but feel the crowd would feel more Soccer Aid than Europa League group game so I've sacked that idea off.

Hopefully get to Bromley in pre season or tie that in with a weekend in London over the season. 

1 minute ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

I was tempted to go up to Murrayfield for the Rangers and Man United friendly, but feel the crowd would feel more Soccer Aid than Europa League group game so I've sacked that idea off.

Hopefully get to Bromley in pre season or tie that in with a weekend in London over the season. 

Not if the UB have anything to do with it.

1 hour ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

I bought a ticket for that match! But with no further plans. Edinburgh is brilliant. Now you say it I may think again

On 11/05/2024 at 08:35, Stuntman_Mike said:

With the new EFL TV scheduling Bromley might be easier than previously to tie in with a LCFC visit in London 

On 11/05/2024 at 08:35, Stuntman_Mike said:

More of sir alex testimonial. Might be tempted depending on ticket costs.

Working on next season's plans:

- Got Spain-Japan women in the Olympics at Nantes ground booked for July

- Looking at Dusseldorf or Cologne for a quick one around February time (So Fortuna, FC Koln and/or Viktoria Koln as the one's I'm looking at there)

- Barcelona for May (Johan Cruyff Stadium for Barca women, the new Camp Nou even if not 100% finished, Espanyol, maybe a few lower level grounds)

- Italy/Rome is one I wish I'd done this past season so that's back on the list, Roma-Cagliari (if Claudio is still there) would be nice

- Try and do a couple grounds I've somehow missed with Leicester if possible (Elland Road, Etihad & London Stadium in particular)

- Crystal Palace (Sutton United) and Liverpool (now moving to St Helens rugby league ground) are new ones for the Women's team next season

- Chip away at more local ones, Loughborough FC's Drome, Barrow Town, Coalville Town, Barwell

- Planning to do England-Greece in October as our annual meet up of old school mates so probably Wembley for the umpteenth time

- Wouldn't mind a pre season game or two somewhere new

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Well the fixtures are nearly in, some real choices to make. 6 AL days left. 

A rare occasion to pair Lecce and Bari has come up in October. 

Lech v Legia in November under consideration. 

While Nantes v Rennes or Juventus v Bologna in early December. 

We've got Greek, Italian C, Belgian lower to come through of interest. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Likely see a game whilst in Germany next month for a wedding. 

Looking like being between Preusen Munster and Fortuna Dusselfdorf, both being at home.

Gotta do Münster! Great atmosphere and big pals with Bochum.

On 11/07/2024 at 09:39, CosbehFox said:

Serie C fixtures today has thrown up a couple of great possibilities. 

Mid-March 2025 - Palermo at home + Messina v Catania derby. 

Perugia v Ternana derby as well at play this season. 

• Like 1

On 11/07/2024 at 09:39, CosbehFox said:

Funny that you say this, was looking at doing the double of these last season and was a nightmare, ended up not booking anything.

Are they kept apart on purpose? Don't understand it as they're close but not that close.

3 minutes ago, Sir Steve Howard said:

Funny that you say this, was looking at doing the double of these last season and was a nightmare, ended up not booking anything.

Are they kept apart on purpose? Don't understand it as they're close but not that close.

Appears to be the case. They are on home weekend of 19th October and 4th May - looking at the latter now. The flights from UK in October are quite high cos of half term. 

Mad thing if they are being kept - Foggia are home on weekend of 19th which is the third club of Puglia!

• Like 1