Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc043

Fofana asks to be left out of tomorrows squad

We knew he’d treat us like he did St Etienne but to not even have two full seasons is galling.

Even at £80m any profit is negated by the need for a £35m replacement. So the bet result is a worse player and a smallish profit, great.

• Like 1

I wonder how many of the new shirts have been sold with Fofana 3 on the back, my lad got one. How are the club going to deal with it, prior to these last couple of weeks he must have been one of, if not the fans favourite. 

I doubt my lad is going to wear his shirt again once he has moved, and whilst the club has the cash in the bank from the shirt sale, are they going to accept that 3 weeks after the kit launch lots of fans will not wear their teams colours for the remainder of the season. 

Hope the club are sensible and allow any fan who has purchased a new shirt with Fofana on it to change it. 

• Like 1

I've said before the biggest issue here is the media who just want clicks to advertise. So much speculation. Taking a snippet someone has said and making it sound click worthy. Even quoting some so called transfer expert nobody has heard of.

We've no idea what's going on other than what comes out of our managers and players mouths. All the noise created after a press conference is just that. Noise. 

Which is why Fofana gets my support until he is in a different teams shirt. Whether he wants it or not. 

I can't wait for the day after deadline day!

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Stadt said:

We knew he’d treat us like he did St Etienne but to not even have two full seasons is galling.

Even at £80m any profit is negated by the need for a £35m replacement. So the bet result is a worse player and a smallish profit, great.

...we paid £35m for him, with an I to a big profit down the line!!!

We really do not need to pay anywhere near that amount for a replacement. We need to utilize this opportunity and extract the best fee that we can, it was going to happen sooner or later.

13 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Again the ridiculous pretence that anything better was going to happen and the disingenous way of presenting the pretty bloody amazing financial outcome.

We'd have £70 million to spend. Cry more :(

Edited by turtmcfly
  • Sad 1

The way he's going about it is quite disgusting and everything that's wrong with modern football, not to mention the disgraceful figures and contracts not being worth the paper they're written on - The contracts largely only protect the player/manager.

However, rightly or wrongly, I can't blame any player wanting to leave under this regime, on and off the field - that doesn't mean I support how he's going about it.

Couple of ironic things being he's probably the most suited player to this regime (on the field) and we can't get rid of certain players who aren't suited to it - I refer back to contracts and largely protecting the players.

Edited by Matt

32 minutes ago, Clarkey123 said:

You must’ve missed a fair bit mate if you think it’s all just rubbish rumours. The next few days will reveal all…

I haven't missed anything, just refuse to spit my dummy out, abuse players and claim they should be sacked like many on here are doing.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

I wonder how many of the new shirts have been sold with Fofana 3 on the back, my lad got one. How are the club going to deal with it, prior to these last couple of weeks he must have been one of, if not the fans favourite. 

I doubt my lad is going to wear his shirt again once he has moved, and whilst the club has the cash in the bank from the shirt sale, are they going to accept that 3 weeks after the kit launch lots of fans will not wear their teams colours for the remainder of the season. 

Hope the club are sensible and allow any fan who has purchased a new shirt with Fofana on it to change it. 

That's why you buy the shirt first and then go back and add the name after the window has closed. School boy error I'm afraid.

• Like 2

Just let the piece of shit go. 

We supported  him through injury, so offered a new contract.

He wants to play for his country. 
If we don’t agree a deal, We keep him, that’s his international career ****ed for next five years. That’s worth more than money…

Let him suffer….👍👍 good business…

53 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

That would be a clear admittance they are putting money before the effectiveness of the team. This decision will be their's alone , Rodgers has made his position clear.

But the club aren’t going to admit that 

rodgers will likely state that wes’s head isn’t in the right place  - and looking at last week’s performance, he’s probably not wrong on that. 

I must admit I’m fast falling out of love with the game….. 

Our success has been incredible and we’ve all been taken to places that we never dreamed we would get to… but there’s just something about the modern game that stinks. 

I’ve said it before, but my fondest moments were our most modest back in the 90’s and 00’s. Even if we were at times completely shit.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, filbertway said:

Unfortunately his mind wanting it and his body being capable are two different things :D

What choice do we have. Do you really want to see NDiddi moved back into CB. 

I certainly don't and if we do I'd fancy Southamptons chances against us.

We can't play Timmy there because Ricky is out and we can't play JJ because Barnes is out.

People need to realise we are where we are and through stubborness Brendan won't play Soyuncu for some reason.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Stadt said:

What did you expect to happen? We immediately sign a better player? Which would then beg the question why a bigger club isn't signing that player instead.

That's just now how we do things as a club. We won't necessarily spend £35m. It will most likely be less. But they'll be decent enough to be (much) better than Amartey hopefully.

Fofana is clearly a level above anything we've had for a long time at CB. There's a reason he's being sold for so much. I have faith we can find a decent player there that can play at the required level and not cost a fortune. So yeah, it'll be a 'worse' player in comparison to Fofana, but the profit will actually be quite a decent amount.

We bought him for what, £40m?

Sell for £85m.

20% of the profit is only £9m to pay St Etienne. I think we'll have plenty in the bank to spend on improvements across the squad. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

What choice do we have. Do you really want to see NDiddi moved back into CB. 

I certainly don't and if we do I'd fancy Southamptons chances against us.

We can't play Timmy there because Ricky is out and we can't play JJ because Barnes is out.

People need to realise we are where we are and through stubborness Brendan won't play Soyuncu for some reason.

Imagine he'll move to a back 4 now Barnes is back. So Jonny and Dan seems the logical shout from the POV of a petty ulsterman.

Also yes, I'd prefer to see Vesty play ahead of Ndidi, but I wouldn't expect him to play well.

Edited by filbertway
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Imagine he'll move to a back 4 now Barnes is back. So Jonny and Dan seems the logical shout from the POV of a petty ulsterman.

I forgot Barnes is back tomorrow. So that does give the little man a few options. 

I just hope we are positive and take the game to them instead of defending out Box with numbers.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Clever Fox said:

I forgot Barnes is back tomorrow. So that does give the little man a few options. 

I just hope we are positive and take the game to them instead of defending out Box with numbers.

Obviously once we take the 2-0 lead, we will remove Barnes and bring on Vesty to "keep it tight" and then go on to draw 2-2. I reckon we'll definitely start positive tomorrow though, especially against a Southampton team that don't seem to have much motivation this season

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Stadt said:

He did help us win a fa cup for the first time in our history too. So I wouldn't slash those wrists yet.

Also if his replacement costs 35 million that would make him the most expensive center back of the window so far (not including Fofana to Chelsea if it happens obviously) so hopefully we could be a bit shreweder than that and buy a RW as well. 

5 hours ago, Manini said:

Blows both of them out the water. Neither of them pulled anything like this. 

Bang on. Both get a bashing on here but they left with far more dignity. Maguire and Chilwell kept quiet, let the club do the deal fairly discreetly and subsequently left on good terms. 

Fofana is a complete contrast. What a rat, the club giving him a five year deal after his leg break. Fvck him.

• Like 1