Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc043

Fofana asks to be left out of tomorrows squad

5 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

What really pisses me off is how entitled he has become! He literally took the medical care and support he required to get back playing, signed a 5 year contract and is now allegedly asking to be left out so he can leave.

Who exactly does he think he is? Part of me wants him to be the next Danny Drinkwater signing for Chelsea.

He was injured when at work, he wasn’t on a night out he got injured playing so of course he took the medical care and support. 

As for signing a contract yep he did  but that wasn’t all about him it was to a very large degree the club trying  to protect the its investment. As for asking to be left I haven’t yet seen anything to prove one way or other in that 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Terraloon said:

I would guess and yes that’s what it is, that despite what is being said in public that there is almost an acceptance that unless WF comes out and says something like “ It’s all a lie and I am happy at Leicester “ , he will be off so then it’s all about extracting as big as fee as possible.

I can’t see any point or sense in keeping a player who wants out it will lead to more unrest and without doubt the majority of players who are kept against their wishes will inevitably sulk.  The  matter can’t  remain unresolved for another 12 days that’s obvious so throwing little gems such as having other options  into the mix  steps up the pressure to get to a deal over the line .

Heres my prediction. Next week a deal will be agreed for £70 million ish , Chalobah will join on a 12 month loan.

Yes, if Chelsea believes that we actually want to sell Fofana and our stubbornness is just brinkmanship to extract a bigger fee, then I suppose it makes sense. Personally I think that would be a miscalculation - I think the club genuinely does not want to sell Fofana and will be delighted if Chelsea turn their attention elsewhere.

Re: the deal you think might be done, how good is Chalobah? I’ve heard different things from Chelsea fans…

4 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Yes, if Chelsea believes that we actually want to sell Fofana and our stubbornness is just brinkmanship to extract a bigger fee, then I suppose it makes sense. Personally I think that would be a miscalculation - I think the club genuinely does not want to sell Fofana and will be delighted if Chelsea turn their attention elsewhere.

Re: the deal you think might be done, how good is Chalobah? I’ve heard different things from Chelsea fans…

Every time I see Chalobah play I think he has a mistake in him. Very good turn of pace and makes decent recovery runs the problem is that more times than not the need for those  recovery runs come about because he lacks a bit when it comes to concentration. He plays well when paired with Silva not so when someone with less experience or not so vocal is alongside him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blue army 1988 said:

Nothing had progressed since then.

Just pages of people rambling on and not bothering to learn the full story.

Classic LCFC fans 

Classic any fan base if it comes to it - not uniquely City fans. I based my reaction on BBC Red Button's Saturday's Gossip Column as taken from the Guardian - so the Guardian, the BBC AND the Tannerman haven't apparently bothered to check out the veracity of the story/source.

So don't go sneering at your fellow posters because they're upset by a largely accredited report about a player who wants away anyway.

Edited by gerblod
Supplemental qualification
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, sylofox said:

FT users 2022 discussted by his attitude.

Summer of 2020 he's a legend for pushing for a move to us.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Thats the vast majority of football fans to be far. We are fickle.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

This is the essence of being a football fan. 

1 minute ago, Nalis said:

Thats the vast majority of football fans to be far. We are fickle.

But let's be honest anyone with a slightly level head could see this coming.

So why get so upset.

Just get our price and move on.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Probably they will want the record playing for them.

Fofana surely won’t agitate to move to Man Utd …….  And quite honestly, their defence is not solid enough for him to go there. He is NOT the finished article and needs to play with better defenders than Martinez and lindelof. Varane isnt available enough. 

I actually think that if/when he goes to Chelsea , a couple of errors (and he does have them in his locker at the moment) will see him benched and if the three tuchel plays do the business, he could struggle to get back for the high profile fixtures. 

• Like 2

It's a credit to our club that we have found yet another gem who's going to bring us in a considerable profit.

The sooner people understand that we will always be a stepping stone club for these players, the sooner people will understand them wanting to leave.

Okay, Fofana hasn't handled this great, but there's that many rumours and media involvement, we can't be sure that parts haven't been blown out of proportion. 

The only thing making me sweat about this whole thing, is the fact that Soyunchu will still be on the bench later today, even with Fofana's absence. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, gerblod said:

It's incumbent on a football club of our stature to do its all for an injured player. That's implicit as the base line of conduct. Any contracted player can expect the best of treatment for their rehabilitation. After all, in most situations it's in the club's interest to get their men whole again.

However, his conduct in arseing about like Little Lord Fauntleroy, because City have knocked back a couple of risible bids (not reflecting his value to us and to them) in expectation of Chelsea making a sensible offer, defies what was our commonly held belief he was a 'good egg'. He's just another mercenary who's chosen to leave France to make his fortune in the Prem. 

F**k the greedy young bastard. He's having an agent induced paddy in choosing not to play - so let City indulge him by suspending him sine die. See how he likes playing the player-power game then.

Look who swallowed a thesaurus 

• Haha 1

I bet Jonny is saying to himself "these flighty kids , when will they ever learn". If Fofana ever gets to be as good as peak Jonny , I would be amazed. However Jonny is no attention seeker and fans want a " star". Fofana is a good player but somehow I think his general selfish attitude will stop him ever being great. He is not in the same galaxy as John Terry , so Chelsea be careful what you spend.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

When the flip did half the forum turn into some sort of vengeful ex-lovers club? 

What has Fofana actually done apart from some mildly weird social media stuff? We do not even know if he really has asked to be left out or asked to be sold.

Of course he is interested in a move to one of the greedy 6 and even the club, his idol Drogba played for. All the noise from media and fans would obviously have an effect on him and its probably best to shield him for a while.

Just now, Gamble92 said:

Look who swallowed a thesaurus 

I regret that you find yourself intimidated by a few unfamiliar words. This is the fault of the education system I experienced as a child. I found out there were numerous alternative words which allowed one to express nuanced meaning - in order to convey an accurate rendition of ones inner thought processes.

I'm quite capable of dumbing it down, but you'd be surprised just how many intelligent and perceptive people there are on here who understand, implicitly, what I'm stating.

I've experienced three or four sarcastic admonishments like yours over the years I've been posting, but the great majority of responses have been about my observations, rather than my style.

The simple answer is for you to use a dictionary or thesaurus - that way you'll expand your vocabulary and hence bring more cogency to your posts.

Toodle-pip, old boy. :P

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

I bet Jonny is saying to himself "these flighty kids , when will they ever learn". If Fofana ever gets to be as good as peak Jonny , I would be amazed. However Jonny is no attention seeker and fans want a " star". Fofana is a good player but somehow I think his general selfish attitude will stop him ever being great. He is not in the same galaxy as John Terry , so Chelsea be careful what you spend.

He'll need to buckle down and learn his trade if he's going to emulate Evans, Terry or any of the great Milanese or Madrid defenders. These guys were/are exceptionally focused and disciplined individuals whose play is the opposite of 'showboating'. Sallying forward or making tackles is great to see, but perception and positioning (and disrupting) are key skills. If Chelsea believe he's going to be that player then £85m-£90m is an appropriate fee. But if they're looking for a sub who might come good then they'll quibble about the cost. And they're quibbling. Fofana should be mindful that they might not value him as highly as he values himself.

• Like 2