Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc043

Fofana asks to be left out of tomorrows squad

53 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

Listening to RL, Tanner made clear it’s Ornstein’s source who said Fofana requested not to play. 

Tanner was at pains to say it’s the manager’s decision ultimately. 

100% rodgers decision, he mentioned it a day before this story blew up. Its media spinning the truth once agai, demonsing fofana and i bet it was a chelski following starting stories, these big clubs have real questionable motives in the background at times to disrupt.

1 hour ago, gerblod said:

It's incumbent on a football club of our stature to do its all for an injured player. That's implicit as the base line of conduct. Any contracted player can expect the best of treatment for their rehabilitation. After all, in most situations it's in the club's interest to get their men whole again.

However, his conduct in arseing about like Little Lord Fauntleroy, because City have knocked back a couple of risible bids (not reflecting his value to us and to them) in expectation of Chelsea making a sensible offer, defies what was our commonly held belief he was a 'good egg'. He's just another mercenary who's chosen to leave France to make his fortune in the Prem. 

F**k the greedy young bastard. He's having an agent induced paddy in choosing not to play - so let City indulge him by suspending him sine die. See how he likes playing the player-power game then.

Careful some poster took exception to me calling out " foreign mercenaries " even though that's what they are. Would have more affiliation with the club and fans if we could bring through youth team players like Dewsbury Hall for instance.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, jerry said:

Careful some poster took exception to me calling out " foreign mercenaries " even though that's what they are. Would have more affiliation with the club and fans if we could bring through youth team players like Dewsbury Hall for instance.

I take exception to your posts. All of them. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, An Sionnach said:

I bet Jonny is saying to himself "these flighty kids , when will they ever learn". If Fofana ever gets to be as good as peak Jonny , I would be amazed. However Jonny is no attention seeker and fans want a " star". Fofana is a good player but somehow I think his general selfish attitude will stop him ever being great. He is not in the same galaxy as John Terry , so Chelsea be careful what you spend.

This has to be the most bitter post I've ever seen lol

3 minutes ago, filbertway said:

This has to be the most bitter post I've ever seen lol

Oh, I don't think so as unlike some on here I have never overrated the kid. I hope he gets his shit together and realises his talent but the chances are he will crash and burn.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Oh, I don't think so as unlike some on here I have never overrated the kid. I hope he gets his shit together and realises his talent but the chances are he will crash and burn.

I'm not sure what you've seen to think that but the lads quite clearly going all the way to the top and he's easily the best CB I've seen play for us. Although Tunchev in league one runs him close :D

When you factor in that he's inexperienced as well. What a player he's going to be.

Doesn’t change the fundamentals for me. 

Strop or not, Fofana is our most valuable asset and we should sell him on our own terms.

Ideally this would have been early in the transfer window. Only for a monstrous fee should we be selling him now. 

He can ask not to play. But he can’t ask not to play for five years without ruining his career. 

I still think we’re in a strong position here. I’ll be very disappointed if we sell him for £80m personally. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, leicesterseddon said:

Strop or not, Fofana is our most valuable asset and we should sell him on our own terms.

Ideally this would have been early in the transfer window. Only for a monstrous fee should we be selling him now. 

He can ask not to play. But he can’t ask not to play for five years without ruining his career. 

I still think we’re in a strong position here. I’ll be very disappointed if we sell him for £80m personally. 

Any more performances like that against Arsenal and his value could diminish. Personally feel he is over hyped but we all have our opinions. Would cash in now.

12 minutes ago, leicesterseddon said:

Well if he doesn’t play this season, interest will fade. So you are right, with him tied to such a deal and no get out clauses, we hold all the cards here. Tielemans was crap most of last season and people are hardly biting our hand off for him now. You need to maintain an high level to keep the interest, can’t go on a strop. Mahrez might have been a total **** but at least he performed when he was asked to. 

3 hours ago, Larry_LCFC said:

What really pisses me off is how entitled he has become! He literally took the medical care and support he required to get back playing, signed a 5 year contract and is now allegedly asking to be left out so he can leave.

Who exactly does he think he is? Part of me wants him to be the next Danny Drinkwater signing for Chelsea.

...the medical care was always going to be there, available to him, and signing the new contract seeing we had lost a good season without him in the team, now allows us to ask more for him, should a bid come in, it has worked for both sides!!!

The only problem is if we (LCFC) may be misguided and fail to recognize an opportunity to implement that new contract, by failing extract the maximum price possible from a team eager to fill a role, and an owner with an ego, willing to make a point.

Don't mess this up!!

• Like 1

....we do need to sell and get a price of £90m+!!!

As far as Fofana as a person is concerned, and if we accept he did not request to be left out of the team or squad today, he should be knocking on Rodgers's door asking to be played today.

He had a horrible injury, but he fought his way through it, with humour and tremendous help from club physicians and expert medical staff, and if he was strong enough to get through that and come back as he is, he is strong enough to handle this situation, that now surrounds him. It will show what kind of person you are, and hiding away from your duties is not a way to overcome this dilemma or make you the man that you hope to become.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, jerry said:

Any more performances like that against Arsenal and his value could diminish. Personally feel he is over hyped but we all have our opinions. Would cash in now.

You’re right. There is always a risk his value could diminish this season.

Personally though, I think that risk is low. Based on his age and where he plays, there’s more chance it goes up. 

57 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

According to most of the press Fofana had handed in a transfer  request this week and he hadn’t . So I’ll take this with the same pinch of salt . 

No, they said requested to leave. The Mercury then in typical mercury fashion re-reported it incorrectly.

1 hour ago, pmcla26 said:

He’s got that Mahrez and Kante vibe. The only way he could fail is if he struggles with injuries, which I hope he doesn’t. 

If he goes he goes with my blessing, we were only ever going to be a stepping stone. I’d just like him to stay around this season to try get us back in to Europe or a stab at a cup, 7th and Conference League would be fine. 

Two years is too little, hard to give a player the blessing when he has given you just two years with one of them injured.

Kante kind of get away with it due to the sheer impact he made and what we won, Mahrez the only one out of the three who gave a lot of seasons.

• Like 1