Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc043

Fofana asks to be left out of tomorrows squad

Just now, filbertway said:

Surely the club don't want him injured and to lose out on the money at this stage which is why he's not playing.

Wes certainly doesn't seem to recall saying he doesn't want to play.

This is what I suspect is going on.

If he definitely wasn't for sale and that had been made clear and a line drawn under it there would be no reason to keep him out of the squad.

52 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

What a cluster**** the last 12 months have been for LCFC.

FWIW I'd sell him if we can get north of £75m for him now. Some players you know if you kept them, they would have the professionalism to not sulk and to get on with it, I don't think we'll get that from Wes if I'm honest. His head has gone already. It's ****ing appalling but Chelsea have successfully tapped him up haven't they?

Maybe I'm wrong but I think if / when he does join Chelsea he'll do the same when Real Madrid come calling in a couple of years. He does seem ruthlessly ambitious.

....by then he will if he is lucky, have come into contact with people who he can learn from off the pitch,  how to be a grown-up!!!

He probably needs a mentor in his life, more likely someone in the game who he respects and wishes to emulate. Any such request not to play in case of possible injury makes sense, due to what he has previously experienced and to lose the opportunity to play at such a well-renowned club.

We can understand that, but we cannot be asked to be happy about the situation. Let him go, at this moment we need players who want to be a part of taking this club forward, he obviously does not see that as something he wants to do.

As much as I know it'd make no difference fans should not give fofana stick whilst he's a leicester player, it just puts further pressure on the club and lowers his price further.

I still hope that we don't sell him and stick to our guns, once that window shuts he'll have no choice but to play

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

He can always do a Mahrez and hang around in airport or train station lounges waiting for a call from Chelsea tomorrow

No good waiting in train station lounges most of the trains are on strike, so he won't get far.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

As much as I know it'd make no difference fans should not give fofana stick whilst he's a leicester player, it just puts further pressure on the club and lowers his price further.

I still hope that we don't sell him and stick to our guns, once that window shuts he'll have no choice but to play

If we have another season under Bodgers like the last, his value will go from £80m to about £30m

1 hour ago, Lcfc098 said:

Honestly believe the whole situation would’ve been handled and clarified better by Vichai. Not to take anything away from Top but just don’t feel he is as ruthless and cut out as his dad was.

Hmmm based on what though? For me this one points to Rodgers and Fofana's characters more than anything.

Just now, The Year Of The Fox said:

If we have another season under Bodgers like the last, his value will go from £80m to about £30m

I'm not sure about that, we know he's a world class player and he's 21 years old. He maybe immature but he's a top player and worth £100m, we shouldn't be bullied but I guess it's not my money.

the whole situation is turning into a farce. Stories of dressing room unrest, our inability to make a signing… I think there’s going to come a time when Rodgers will have had enough and will walk. I think if we sell Fofana, Rodgers will go! 

we need a fresh start now  to reset some minds and stop the negativity so it might be a good idea if he does.

1 minute ago, MPH said:

the whole situation is turning into a farce. Stories of dressing room unrest, our inability to make a signing… I think there’s going to come a time when Rodgers will have had enough and will walk. I think if we sell Fofana, Rodgers will go! 

we need a fresh start now  to reset some minds and stop the negativity so it might be a good idea if he does.

Happy to see him go if it gets rid of rodgers

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MPH said:

Imagine how good that would be.

£80m in the kitty and rid of the poisonous dwarf.

Onwards and upwards 🦊 

• Like 3

Sometimes you read things and you can’t do anything other than shake your head In disbelief 

The player suffered a serious injury while playing, in other words when at work. Of course he was paid in line with his contract . If it were you getting injured at work wouldn’t you expect to be supported by your employer ? 
Footballers rarely of supporters of the club they play for they all are mercenaries who bar the very very odd exception will only have loyalty to themselves.

As for another club making a bid even talking to a players representatives well that happens at all clubs if you think that Leicester haven’t made approaches to other clubs players or made bids for players that have unsettled the player then you need to get real.

If the player asked to be stood down then that’s a one thing but there is no clear indication one way or the other but Rogers if he balls could simply have said no you are playing.

Chelsea will manipulate the situation to their advantage Leicester would quite rightly do the same but as someone once said “ It’s only Business” 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MPH said:

Rodgers won’t walk because he’ll wont get any compo. He’s among the best paid managers in the league