Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Jamie Vardy signs new contract to June 2024!

2 minutes ago, Tuna said:

How bad were the missed chances?

They weren’t *that* bad. The 2nd especially was only really a half chance given Mendy had the entire goal covered and he was out wide. The 3rd the defender was covering and would’ve got it anyway even if it was on target.

The 1st is the one I’d expect an in form Vardy to score however.

Edited by Sampson

The Rodger's rot was bound to affect everybody eventually.

Wish everybody would stop chomping at the bit to say he's finished every time he misses a sitter or shows he's lost a yard of pace. He'll still be scoring at 37 like King Les (just hopefully not still as our first choice).

• Haha 1

Guest Col city fan
On 20/08/2022 at 15:53, Col city fan said:

My favourite ever Leicester player but I think the club has to look forward.

We don’t look good at the moment with Jamie in the side. He’s still doing the same stuff he always did but it’s not working very well currently. We do need to vary it and consider a different way of scoring goals. 
He’ll still play and will still score, I have no doubt, but we rely on him SO much. Rodgers can be accused I think of having little plan B if plan A doesn’t come off.

4 minutes ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

Will forever love vards and glad they gave him the extension, but I do feel he misses at least 50% of the chances he would have scored 5 years ago 

I think was in the first half he had a ball he would have ran at the defender 5 years ago, to try and get round him but in this game he passed instead.

The second half miss when he went round keeper, at first looked a poor attempt but second angle did show it was very tight although Maddison did score a tighter one that recently, was still difficult.

The one where he shot at keeper he needed more composure, just seemed to hit it blind.

Edited by Chrysalis

6 minutes ago, BigGibbo said:

The Rodger's rot was bound to affect everybody eventually.

Wish everybody would stop chomping at the bit to say he's finished every time he misses a sitter or shows he's lost a yard of pace. He'll still be scoring at 37 like King Les (just hopefully not still as our first choice).

Blaming the manager again. Of course he's at fault, he's the manager, but the players are to blame too. Vardy missed at least two good chances today. But we're in a position where we can't take him off because no other forward is better than him.

He's 35, shouldn't be our only striker running around.

Edited by Fox92

Just now, BigGibbo said:

How much longer is Rodger's here? Hah!

Basically until he scores, but will probably have many more until we get a manager that plays to his strengths when he plays him.

Vardy literally missed two clear chances today.

What more can another manager do.

7 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Blaming the manager again. Of course he's at fault, he's the manager, but the players are to blame too. Vardy missed at least two good chances today. But we're in a position where we can't take him off because no other forward is better than him.

He's 35, shouldn't be our only striker running around.

Obviously, but the rot starts with Rodgers.

I agree Iheanacho & Daka need a run of games too.

6 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Vardy literally missed two clear chances today.

What more can another manager do.

He had a bad day I've said that. We can't judge anything on today as the only reason he got those chances is because Chelsea sat back after scoring 2 with 10 men.

Edited by BigGibbo

Maybe he wouldn’t be starting if we had other strikers that were actually taking their chances.

Dakas recent performances made him 3rd choice today.

Nacho looked lively outside the box but fluffed his lines inside it.

Vardy is a confidence player, that’s why he goes through these periods. He will be ok once he nets again.

Edited by HankMarvin

Missed a couple of chances today and now he's past it? Really?

He's not had a sniff in the previous three games due to a lack of service and poor tactics, so it's no wonder he's snatching at a few. All forwards go through patches of form and Vardy's no different. Stick him in a side that creates loads of chances and he probably scores for fun. Still the best striker at the club. Remember, form is temporary, class is permanent.

• Like 1

I doubted Vardy once and wanted him sold to Sheffield Wednesday, thank **** i was wrong, never doubted him again even though i swear at him during games occasionally the guys far from done. The day Vardy is finished is the day he stops making those great runs that got him his 3 chances and a sad day that will be, Legend his goals will come.

Is it me or does he sometimes start seasons slow? Needs a few games to get into his groove. Also doesn't help that he doesn't usually get so many chances. But he should be finishing at least 1 or 2 chances today. 

Bad day at the office.

We should know better as a collective to write him off.