Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Jamie Vardy signs new contract to June 2024!

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Is it me or does he sometimes start seasons slow? Needs a few games to get into his groove. Also doesn't help that he doesn't usually get so many chances. But he should be finishing at least 1 or 2 chances today. 

Bad day at the office.

We should know better as a collective to write him off. 

He scored one a piece against Wolves and Norwich last season in the first two games, not sure after that.

I have sympathy in that he shouldn't be made to start every game for us. At his age, needs to be managed carefully and used effectively.

Pep knew this with Aguero. Ten Hag currently doing the right thing with Ronaldo. Rooney was rotated in his latter years.

Iheanacho has been our most consistent striker for the past 2 years, he should be sharing some of the burden. Wasn't that why we also brought Daka in?

Brendan showing no leadership here whatsoever. So yes Vards should be doing better but he should be fresh

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TK95 said:

he shouldn't be made to start every game for us. At his age, needs to be managed carefully and used effectively.

Point taken.

I've sent a copy of this to Rodgers.

151350187_seniorgoats.thumb.JPG.0ed295ea9eb4fcd26ae9c0f2b7511551.JPG

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, TK95 said:

I have sympathy in that he shouldn't be made to start every game for us. At his age, needs to be managed carefully and used effectively.

Pep knew this with Aguero. Ten Hag currently doing the right thing with Ronaldo. Rooney was rotated in his latter years.

Iheanacho has been our most consistent striker for the past 2 years, he should be sharing some of the burden. Wasn't that why we also brought Daka in?

Brendan showing no leadership here whatsoever. So yes Vards should be doing better but he should be fresh

The issue is Vardy is still our best striker.

If we would have bought better he wouldn’t need to start every game.

He missed good chances yesterday but then Kelechi came on and missed one. I think they both should start together. Sorry but I have no hope in Daka.

Edited by Fox92

1 hour ago, jmono84 said:

The Mendy save was good, he flew out and blocked his shot, it’s the other 2 chances which were off target I’m more concerned about, very un-Vardy like

Yes, unfortunate but you don’t miss chances because you’re too old, you just don’t get there. Jamie’s problem is that he’s been so starved of service he’s snatching at the rare chances he gets. Yesterday was better though chances wise so hopefully Rodgers will leave the handbrake off now.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ronnup said:

We all love JV, of course , but signing this extension will have knocked the stuffing out of Daka amd probably Kel too.

We can't wrote Daka off until he's had a good run as our number 1 striker, and that might never happen 

Did Daka not have a large period of starting last season or did I dream that?

I was an advocate of patience with Patson but starting to wear thin, getting more Miss than Vardy vibes right now.

I love the guy but don't understand how he's still starting - he's so far off his level at the moment. 

Daka did more in 8mins with that layoff than he did in the entire game. Also Nachos build up play looked sharp.

One of them need to start instead of Vardy against Villa.

• Like 2

It goes without saying that Vardy is our most iconic player in the PL era (if not longer) and we all love him, but he simply isn't adding anything now. We don't play long balls into the space behind defenders for him to compete for. He doesn't often challenge defenders for headers. He isn't bringing other players in for goalscoring opportunities. He often limits our options by ambling back from an offside position. It's time to give Iheanacho and Daka the chance to establish themselves, not just for a couple of minutes at the end of lost games

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Arkie Bennett said:

It goes without saying that Vardy is our most iconic player in the PL era (if not longer) and we all love him, but he simply isn't adding anything now. We don't play long balls into the space behind defenders for him to compete for. He doesn't often challenge defenders for headers. He isn't bringing other players in for goalscoring opportunities. He often limits our options by ambling back from an offside position. It's time to give Iheanacho and Daka the chance to establish themselves, not just for a couple of minutes at the end of lost games

We have to play both Daka and Nacho to get the best out of them. Playing either or, as a lone striker, is just not going to work. The problem is, Rodgers has shown no inclination to play 2 up top.

5 minutes ago, Matt said:

Vardy is at his least effective and looks his most frustrated (understandable) in insipid, slow, laborious, negative, sideways and backwards football.

England (Southgate), Puel, Rodgers - common theme?

It's not rocket science.

Vardy scored 15 in 25 games last season whilst you were slating Rodgers, scored goals left right and centre for the last few years maybe he’s just lost that zip now (that was always gonna happen) he had?

36 minutes ago, Shane said:

I can’t put any blame on our strikers right now. The players behind them are creating f all playing Brendan ball sideways and backwards.

Exactly, last two home games we have has 3 shots on target all of them being freekicks just outside the box 

20 minutes ago, Hamilton Fox said:

Vardy scored 15 in 25 games last season whilst you were slating Rodgers, scored goals left right and centre for the last few years maybe he’s just lost that zip now (that was always gonna happen) he had?

On a whole we’ve scored goals, it was always a retort I was given to accusing Rodgers/the style of play being negative.

I think it says a lot about how clinical our players are regarding chance conversion.

Vardy’s chance conversion, shots to goal ratio had always been high, one of the best in the league.

Our issue and I imagine Vardy’s frustration is chance creation.

10 hours ago, South Shire Fox said:

Liked how aggressive he was tonight especially in tackles, not seen that Vardy for a while

?? He made one tackle all night and got booked for it .

His lack of movement, inability to hold the ball up and actually make runs into the channels is what's worrying. 

He looks lost at the minute and almost like he isn't bothered. 

Classic example Barnes had the ball deep in his own half it was screaming out to just be put down the line for Vardy to chase. Vardy didn't move from the centre circle. We lost the ball and nearly conceded. 

He needs his fight back from the kick off. Would rather he ran his nuts off closing down for 50 mins and then come off than what he is doing currently.