Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Jamie Vardy signs new contract to June 2024!

1 minute ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

It's never easy to get the timing right. I'd rather our legends are moved on a year too early than a year too late. It's going to be sad watching his decline in a Leicester shirt over the next 2 seasons.

He’s missed two chances at Chelsea, done nothing in the other games because we can’t get the ball to him. He is not our problem. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

It's never easy to get the timing right. I'd rather our legends are moved on a year too early than a year too late. It's going to be sad watching his decline in a Leicester shirt over the next 2 seasons.

Gonna be a great addition to his film though ain't it!  "The rise and fall of Jamie Vardy". shame our club is following the script though.

16 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

?? He made one tackle all night and got booked for it .

His lack of movement, inability to hold the ball up and actually make runs into the channels is what's worrying. 

He looks lost at the minute and almost like he isn't bothered. 

Classic example Barnes had the ball deep in his own half it was screaming out to just be put down the line for Vardy to chase. Vardy didn't move from the centre circle. We lost the ball and nearly conceded. 

He needs his fight back from the kick off. Would rather he ran his nuts off closing down for 50 mins and then come off than what he is doing currently. 

Agreed and that tackle was bordering a red - it was nasty

• Like 1

I thought he was terrible last night. Not working hard enough to drag the defence around and try and create space.

Then again the system used is outdated. Defences know how to handle him by one marking him and one dropping off to denigh him space.

We need that RW now more than ever as we need to create real width to help Vardy and also Barnes. We're too predictable.

Edited by Clever Fox
spelling
  • Like 1

This season hes struggling massively as a lone striker. Big gaps to the midfield leaving him isolated resulting in him being tightly marked and unable to hold a ball up when played directly to feet. Hes just bundled off the ball by stronger younger center backs, if he works around one another is waiting to sweep him up. 

Gut feeling is we need to change the shape to play two more advanced strikers, then I believe Vardy will start to have more of an impact as we occupy the second center back. I would still back him to score his chances, you never lose that eye for goal, but getting into a goal scoring position is a massive barrier, and hes looking useless as a result at the minute.

It’s clear he’s been told to stand central and occupy the CB’s probably to create space out wide and take the chances that fall his way. I think this is all that is expected from him, I don’t see him pressing too hard, rarely makes runs in the channels, probably the weakest at link up play and playing with his back to goal.

One ball got out over the top for him by Evans which he came short for so the ball just went through to the keeper. He clearly wasn’t expecting that pass.

Vardy is amazing at what he does, making runs in behind and finishing chances that come his way but at the minute with this style of play BR persists with then we need someone up top who can get involved more with link up, it’s crying out for Nacho but BR seems happy to persist with JV even tho it’s clear he’s struggling.

I don’t mean to have a dig at JV, it’s more at BR persisting with a style of play which completely nullifies arguably still our best player.

• Like 2

Complaining about huge wages while you give a striker, who will be 36 in january(?) extra year with biggest(?) wage before current season even starts

how dumb is this?

I get all the sentiments and stuff but please

At least wait till the season ends and then make decision, because right now he is very bad and there is no hope he will be back to normal, well beause of his age

Edited by tsintskaro
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Should be used as a sub later on in games to add some kind of threat to tiring defenders 

The manager is proper useless if he can't spot this

17 minutes ago, Le4fox said:

Sentimentality helped get us in this mess in the first place, keeping hold of players past their prime

Agreed. It shouldn't exist in football. Most of the big clubs say thank you and let them go. Look at Man City with Aguero, Kompany, Silva. Even as far back as Fergie with all the legends he let go.

I don't get a 2 year deal for a 35 year old. Maybe one year rolling and see how he gets on this season.

Obviously Vardy will score goals, I wouldn't put it past him to get double figures, but the issue is the other options are not better or we seriously need to change how we play.

His touch is poor and he is not terrorising the defence anymore.

He still has energy though, the touch will return.

The best way to play Vardy now, with support, and Kelechi deserves the chance...... again

My main fear with the two together is Vardy tends to drift to the left.

Only way to stop that, front three Barnes, Vardy and Kelechi........ Madders in the No 10 and everyone else defending.

Win or loose, have a booze mentality and be damned

EDIt... Madders supporting 3 attackers, dont know the exact definition of the No 10 role

Edited by He aint bald

Guest Col city fan
On 20/08/2022 at 15:53, Col city fan said:

My favourite ever Leicester player but I think the club has to look forward.

We don’t look good at the moment with Jamie in the side. He’s still doing the same stuff he always did but it’s not working very well currently. We do need to vary it and consider a different way of scoring goals. 
He’ll still play and will still score, I have no doubt, but we rely on him SO much. Rodgers can be accused I think of having little plan B if plan A doesn’t come off.

I am not going to deny Vards is slowly on the decline, however I really don’t believe he is finished, we have seen this before, in the final months of Puel’s reign he looked a shadow of himself, was isolated and largely nullified by our own stale and turgid tactics. My honest belief is we are in the same position now. 

Throughout pre season the sports science team will have analysed his fitness and performance levels, which willl be assessed and compared against other players.

I honestly  believe if we stop this tippy tappy slow controlled possession without purpose style we will see Vardy back to be a very effective player. Too be honest the majority of our players look to have dropped off massively playing thjs style that Rodgers insists on. 

Vards, like so many others in our squad thrives on playing in a high intensity style of play, they come alive and exploit the opportunities this presents by winning the ball high up the pitch and exploiting the gaps this creates. Our current style is slow and laboured and so often you see the opposition being able to get back into a strong defensive position where they deny space and force us to play sideways and backwards between our defensive players. 

Albeit in a higher intensity style he would need to have his workload managed where he only plays 60-70

minutes and start on the bench in some games, but this would be ideal way to transition Daka over the next couple of seasons. I still think Vards has loads to offer just needs a Manager who isn’t obsessed with possession stats. 

Edited by Claudio Fannieri
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Agreed. It shouldn't exist in football. Most of the big clubs say thank you and let them go. Look at Man City with Aguero, Kompany, Silva. Even as far back as Fergie with all the legends he let go.

I don't get a 2 year deal for a 35 year old. Maybe one year rolling and see how he gets on this season.

Obviously Vardy will score goals, I wouldn't put it past him to get double figures, but the issue is the other options are not better or we seriously need to change how we play.

Man City and Man Utd at the time can afford to let there legends go for nothing as they just go out and replace them with £50m + players and it’s nothing to them. Man City have replaced Aguero with Haarland FFS, we ain’t got the money nor can attract the best to go and replace our legends just like that. 

We’re screwed in that if ever find another Vardy, the player will be snapped up by someone else within a couple of years, we’ve been extremely lucky with his age of coming into the prem (And turning down Arsenal) that we kept a striker who can score 20 goals every season for so long as I just can’t see it happening again. 

That’s probably the reason we’re keeping him for as long as possible. 
Just a shame he does look past his best now..

52 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

I am not going to deny Vards is slowly on the decline, however I really don’t believe he is finished, we have seen this before, in the final months of Puel’s reign he looked a shadow of himself, was isolated and largely nullified by our own stale and turgid tactics. My honest belief is we are in the same position now. 

Throughout pre season the sports science team will have analysed his fitness and performance levels, which willl be assessed and compared against other players.

I honestly  believe if we stop this tippy tappy slow controlled possession without purpose style we will see Vardy back to be a very effective player. Too be honest the majority of our players look to have dropped off massively playing thjs style that Rodgers insists on. 

Vards, like so many others in our squad thrives on playing in a high intensity style of play, they come alive and exploit the opportunities this presents by winning the ball high up the pitch and exploiting the gaps this creates. Our current style is slow and laboured and so often you see the opposition being able to get back into a strong defensive position where they deny space and force us to play sideways and backwards between our defensive players. 

Albeit in a higher intensity style he would need to have his workload managed where he only plays 60-70

minutes and start on the bench in some games, but this would be ideal way to transition Daka over the next couple of seasons. I still think Vards has loads to offer just needs a Manager who isn’t obsessed with possession stats. 

There has definitely been times throughout where I’ve thought oh no vardy looks on the decline and then bam he goes on a scoring run and back to his usual self.

Not sure how you can just blame rogers at all - he’s always been obsessed with possession stats etc and the way he has had vardy playing under his management (less touches waiting for a chance etc) his record under rogers has been amazing until this season 

21 hours ago, lgfualol said:

Just one of many players underperforming or unmotivated under Rodgers. If Rodgers stays, he has to play Vardy in a two or use him as an impact sub. 

He's the only player we have in the squad that when he comes on as a sub, there's an audible noise and buzz around the KP. We should be using that.

• Like 1

Guest StevieLynex
21 hours ago, dannythefox said:

He’s missed two chances at Chelsea, done nothing in the other games because we can’t get the ball to him. He is not our problem. 

And set up Barnes for his goal