Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Jamie Vardy signs new contract to June 2024!

28 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

It's not him, it's the system (or lack thereof). The same thing happened under Puel.

We need to be playing higher intensity football to get the most out of Vardy.

A sticker who likes to run in behind doesn't fit the Rodgers system. I'm still baffled as to why we signed Daka as I think he'd have the same problem. I agree with other posts saying that it looks like he's instructed to occupy the centre backs, but other than that he's not offering much. Either the tactics needs to change or he needs to drop to the bench. Unfortunately the former isn't going to happen with Rodgers here. 

On 03/09/2022 at 07:54, Hamilton Fox said:

Man City and Man Utd at the time can afford to let there legends go for nothing as they just go out and replace them with £50m + players and it’s nothing to them. Man City have replaced Aguero with Haarland FFS, we ain’t got the money nor can attract the best to go and replace our legends just like that. 

We’re screwed in that if ever find another Vardy, the player will be snapped up by someone else within a couple of years, we’ve been extremely lucky with his age of coming into the prem (And turning down Arsenal) that we kept a striker who can score 20 goals every season for so long as I just can’t see it happening again. 

That’s probably the reason we’re keeping him for as long as possible. 
Just a shame he does look past his best now..

I'm not talking about Haaland, there's obviouly levels to this, but we could easily go out and find a forward who will pop up with 13-15 goals a season for us.

Vardy is irreplaceable really, in terms of everything he does, but there's a time where we gotta let that go. We should be able to find a striker to score as many goals, you're talking as if we're a football league club with no scouting system. We obviously haven't got as much money as Man City but we should still be an attractive club to join.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I'm not talking about Haaland, there's obviouly levels to this, but we could easily go out and find a forward who will pop up with 13-15 goals a season for us.

Vardy is irreplaceable really, in terms of everything he does, but there's a time where we gotta let that go. We should be able to find a striker to score as many goals, you're talking as if we're a football league club with no scouting system. We obviously haven't got as much money as Man City but we should still be an attractive club to join.

He is irreplaceable, hoping give iheanacho or Daka playing time they would get 13-15 goals, think my point was to get vardys output consistently  we would need to have a haarland level striker which ain’t happening 

Maybe controversial but my take…..

He has won the two biggest trophies in English football, the golden boot, played and scored for England, achieved things beyond his wildest dreams.

alongside this age does slow us now, plus the natural maturation process of not taking life quite so seriously.

As such I feel he isn’t as driven or hungry as before, his contract means he is secure for however long (2024 isn’t it)?

I also think he requires a lot more now to get going, rather then being that intense pest at the beginning of games.

21 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

I personally don't think this is the main factor in his lack of goals, so far, this season

Fair enough but when it was all over the news that his wife had lost the court case, I knew instantly his form would be impacted

Imagine the arguments behind the scenes? " I spent millions financing your court case against Colleen Rooney and now we've lost". Grrrr, anger, anger, depression etc etc.

Playing Vardy on his own upfront is one of the main issues we have in the team at the moment. Barnes lacking confidence spends more time closer to the half way line than the opponents penalty area and Maddison is wasted out on the right, so we have no press from the right. 

This was highlighted against Man Utd when Vardy was up against their back 4 on his own. I don’t need £36k a day to work that out!!!

9 minutes ago, alanf0x said:

Playing Vardy on his own upfront is one of the main issues we have in the team at the moment. Barnes lacking confidence spends more time closer to the half way line than the opponents penalty area and Maddison is wasted out on the right, so we have no press from the right. 

This was highlighted against Man Utd when Vardy was up against their back 4 on his own. I don’t need £36k a day to work that out!!!

Yet time and time again you get posters putting up a line up with a single striker. They just don't get it do they . None of our strikers can play that way anymore. That means two wingers is not a tactic we can use. If we want to play that way we need a Haaland clone.

• Like 1

It’s interesting that he was dropped soon after signing his new contract. It makes you wonder if there was a clause in his previous one that states he has to play if fit and ready.. 

either way I’m sure he took a drop in wage due to his age.

we get comments like this every single time vardy drops in form… how is everyone still underestimating him. 

I would still like to see vardy and daka on the pitch together. It feels like we’ve been too quick to dismiss it. 

When Vardy played with nugent, it was actually huge that scored the majority of the goals. He works well in a 2 and so does Daka, someone just needs to slightly adjust their game. 

There was a line up against liverpool in the cup last year that felt so dangerous, we scored 2 early goals ( i think both vardy) looked solid for the whole game then brendan did a brendan… took off kdh and daka and it all fell apart. 

Not tried the 2 of them together since. I don’t but the narrative that they wouldn’t work. It just needs working on 

photo below (obviously mads and kdh are the wrong way around) 

11EA6180-76A3-49BA-B9CB-F6D7659A8E3C.jpeg

Edited by Lambert09
added photo

5 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

we get comments like this every single time vardy drops in form… how is everyone still underestimating him. 

I would still like to see vardy and daka on the pitch together. It feels like we’ve been too quick to dismiss it. 

When Vardy played with nugent, it was actually huge that scored the majority of the goals. He works well in a 2 and so does Daka, someone just needs to slightly adjust their game. 

There was a line up against liverpool in the cup last year that felt so dangerous, we scored 2 early goals ( i think both vardy) looked solid for the whole game then brendan did a brendan… took off kdh and daka and it all fell apart. 

Not tried the 2 of them together since. I don’t but the narrative that they wouldn’t work. It just needs working on 

photo below (obviously mads and kdh are the wrong way around) 

11EA6180-76A3-49BA-B9CB-F6D7659A8E3C.jpeg

I just don't get why we'd bother working on it or trying to get one of them to change their game when if we want to play a front two we've already got the perfect man for the job in Iheanacho. For me if we start two strikers then one of them has to be him. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Guest said:

I just don't get why we'd bother working on it or trying to get one of them to change their game when if we want to play a front two we've already got the perfect man for the job in Iheanacho. For me if we start two strikers then one of them has to be him. 

it’s a good problem to have and I get the logic but I think if you get daka and vardy clicking, that could be one of the deadliest partnerships in the league. 

Against Brighton Daka was showing a different side to his game and he seemed to flourish with a partner. Kel deserves his chance but when it’s not working, i’d love to see vardy with patson.  

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Yet time and time again you get posters putting up a line up with a single striker. They just don't get it do they . None of our strikers can play that way anymore. That means two wingers is not a tactic we can use. If we want to play that way we need a Haaland clone.

Or you need to say ‘right it’s time to take a bit more of a gamble and go more attacking. Barnes and someone on the right (Perez/Albrighton) and Maddison with Ndidi in the centre’. Trust in Ndidis defensive capabilities and Maddison’s creativity; with actual outlets to pass the ball to when we go forward! 

We had literally no forward pass options 2nd half once he took Barnes off. 

1 hour ago, Clarkey123 said:

Or you need to say ‘right it’s time to take a bit more of a gamble and go more attacking. Barnes and someone on the right (Perez/Albrighton) and Maddison with Ndidi in the centre’. Trust in Ndidis defensive capabilities and Maddison’s creativity; with actual outlets to pass the ball to when we go forward! 

We had literally no forward pass options 2nd half once he took Barnes off. 

If we were a defensive team who defended properly I might agree. However we are neither one thing or the other and I fear instead of conceding 2-3 goals a game we would be up to 4-5. We have to consolidate at the back somehow.

Edited by An Sionnach

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, weller54 said:

It's looking like BR has fallen out with Vards now!..

I wonder how much influence a senior player like JV can have in getting the Manager gone?

Kasper leaving as he did might also make more sense now as this sad saga unravels..

What an awful mess we're in 😪

I miss Kasper, granted he is past his prime, but no way we'd be at the bottom if he was still about.

• Like 1