Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Leicester v Southampton Match thread

5 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

More chance of a goal

Because you think Nacho is a better goal scorer?

So what about Perez's pressing and workmate? What about the link up with Castagne and thar possibly creating chances for others? What about the shape and balance of the team. Not just as simple as switching one player.

Just now, jammie82uk said:

Most exciting thing from that first half is the Southampton keeper feigning an injury so the centre back could change his boots 

Just shows you that there is always a way around everything……

I think the ref was the only person who didn’t realise what was going on …

• Like 1

One of the most boring halves of football I've seen in quite some time and how Brendan likes it. Both teams are very very poor. Interestingly we don't play out from the back as much anymore but you notice then how pointless long balls are up to one striker who isn't a target man.

Absolutely zero positives from that half other than we aren't losing and Amartey doesn't have another error registered against his name.

I said earlier, the win today is the most important thing so I'm ignoring the performance for now but we really are so in need of a shake up, this current squad with this manager and negativity hanging over their heads will struggle to get more than 50 points this season, possibly even 45.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Facecloth said:

Because you think Nacho is a better goal scorer?

So what about Perez's pressing and workmate? What about the link up with Castagne and thar possibly creating chances for others? What about the shape and balance of the team. Not just as simple as switching one player.

I'm sure Nacho could offer the same out put and carries a goal threat, Perez hasn't done bad but is never going to be able to create something out of nothing and get us a goal.

The ball is just not breaking for us in the box, we could have had 2 goals on a another day.

I do question Ndidi at the moment though, I think I'd prefer Youri replacing him in that position 2nd half. Barnes really is frustrating sometimes, he often can't see the correct ball but has bags of ability. 

Perez and Timmy have linked up well at times. 

Madders needs to get closer to Vardy.

This thread never fails to amaze me. FT at its finest.  If we do not get 3 pts, this will be a place to avoid unless you have a large supply of opioids or crack cocaine.

Now come on you Foxes, get this done!!

4 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

Most exciting thing from that first half is the Southampton keeper feigning an injury so the centre back could change his boots 

Just one of their standard breaks in play, right on the half hour too.

Guest Col city fan
3 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Ndidi don’t half put us in trouble with his wank passing 

I thought he looked much more tidy today?

Just now, Collymore said:

The ball is just not breaking for us in the box, we could have had 2 goals on a another day.

I do question Ndidi at the moment though, I think I'd prefer Youri replacing him in that position 2nd half. Barnes really is frustrating sometimes, he often can't see the correct ball but has bags of ability. 

Perez and Timmy have linked up well at times. 

Madders needs to get closer to Vardy.

We are the masters at that, often little flicks from Maddison, Perez or Barnes when the cross comes in to take it away from another player with space in the box, infuriating.