Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Leicester v Southampton Match thread

Just now, whoareyaaa said:

I thought we did okay don't know what people are expecting, Southampton have camped in there own half and offered not much either

When haven't we struggled to break down teams that stack their defence against us?

• Like 2

Guest Col city fan

I still think we’ll win this. 
The Saints have nothing up front.

BUT we have to be careful to not give away a dodgy free kick within Ward-Prowse range.

He could smash and grab it 

1 minute ago, Mark said:

Our style of play and ideas going forward are so tired, at least last season Lookman was something different we don’t even have that now.

Not signing Lookman is the reason I don't buy we need players out before we can sign players and we can raise funds for transfers comfortably when so. Lookman was on less than Praet and we could have sold Praet for £7m and signed Lookman for £12.5m and yet we didn't. We weren't happy Torino didn't want to pay the €15m but we at the same time wanted to do the same on Lookman and not pay the option fee. 

We are a mess

• Like 1

I reckon we've shown good movement and passing. Barnes is giving Walker-Peters a tough time. Dan's looking ok. Castagne and Perez have had some nice moments. Ndidi is obviously not allowed to pass! It seems odd but I've been thinking we've got some useful subs up our sleeves. I reckon Praet might do well here.

Ok, it's only Southampton but we're the better team out there and really ought be ahead on balance.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sly said:

Would you be tempted to sell him is the big question really? 

He really does struggle with the ball at his feet. That said we were spoilt with kante playing infront ot the back 4 before him, I like mendy, but wouldn't want him playing every game either so no I'd probably keep him around, I'm not sure this manager will be around past the game v the fword, maybe the next manager won't want him to be able to play like Rodri or both feet.

Honestly we did play a good half then the area we are failing is the striker position. Love Vardy trust me bit he doesn't look right after these 3 games so far.

Daka had a brilliant pre season and gets the odd 10 mins here or there and is expected to perform miracles.

Give him a full game and he bags goals.

Edited by Fox85

Southampton are sitting back and there isn't alot of space for maddison and perez and Barnes to get into and link up with vardy.

We always struggle like this, hopefully saints open it up and attack more in the second half which we will be more suited to.

Castagne had a good first half but I don't think Perez is suited for him unlike the Justin/Barnes relationship.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mark said:

Our style of play and ideas going forward are so tired, at least last season Lookman was something different we don’t even have that now.

Hopefully Wanya and Maswanhise get a chance in the cup.

In the second half we should go two up top.